“A must for a Port Townsend visit.”
Review of Spruce Goose Cafe

Spruce Goose Cafe
Ranked #11 of 99 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 20, 2014

If you love airplanes, you will love the Spruce Goose. Located at the airport in Port Townsend (5 or 6 miles south of town) it is a local favorite. They serve breakfast and lunch daily.

1  Thank 993Luvtomove

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Up here two times a year from Southern California. Would not miss a few stops at this great restaurant. Wonderful breakfast and lunches. The view of all the small planes coming in and out make it very special. Also, I always take back a slice of their home homemade pies. I even bought one of there big coffee cups to use here in Southern California. Thank you Spruce Goose for helping make my trips up here that much better.

1  Thank Gordon T
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had lunch with friend at the Spruce Goose. It is located at the Port Townsend airport. Good food at reasonable price. Great pie for desert. Next door is the Port Townsend Aero Museum. Nice collection of planes and other aviation equipment on display.

1  Thank JackfromGigHarbor
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We ate here on a nice sunny weekend day. The outdoor dining area was full despite it being after the usual lunch hour. The good news is the service was still fast. We ate outside and had a chance to watch the planes come and go. I noticed a majority of the pilots walked right over, sat down and ate. I was told people fly in from all over to eat here, I believe it now.

I had a patty melt. It was tasty and I enjoyed it. The onions were nicely grilled and the cheese melted. The meat patty was of decent size. The bread was outstanding. It looked homemade or from a decent bakery not a supermarket loaf. It was toasted well and tasted very nice. The fries looked home cut and were cooked just right. This was my first time here. I'm glad my friends brought me and I will definitely come back.

It's a little hard to find. Turn off Highway 19 onto the airport road and go past the Aero Museum (also worth seeing) then take a left and go down where all the planes are parked.

1  Thank Jennifer G
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I think I've only ever eaten breakfast here, but that I've done many times over the past 20 years. it's one of my husbands favorite places, so we visited on our recent stay. It's a nice comfortable place with pretty decent service and a great breakfast.

1  Thank ParisAnne D