“Nice lunch overlooking the airport”
Review of Spruce Goose Cafe

Spruce Goose Cafe
Ranked #14 of 98 Restaurants in Port Townsend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Nice lunch overlooking the airport”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Had lunch with friend at the Spruce Goose. It is located at the Port Townsend airport. Good food at reasonable price. Great pie for desert. Next door is the Port Townsend Aero Museum. Nice collection of planes and other aviation equipment on display.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank JackfromGigHarbor

Forks, Washington
“Good Diner”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

We ate here on a nice sunny weekend day. The outdoor dining area was full despite it being after the usual lunch hour. The good news is the service was still fast. We ate outside and had a chance to watch the planes come and go. I noticed a majority of the pilots walked right over, sat down and ate. I was told people fly in from all over to eat here, I believe it now.

I had a patty melt. It was tasty and I enjoyed it. The onions were nicely grilled and the cheese melted. The meat patty was of decent size. The bread was outstanding. It looked homemade or from a decent bakery not a supermarket loaf. It was toasted well and tasted very nice. The fries looked home cut and were cooked just right. This was my first time here. I'm glad my friends brought me and I will definitely come back.

It's a little hard to find. Turn off Highway 19 onto the airport road and go past the Aero Museum (also worth seeing) then take a left and go down where all the planes are parked.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jennifer G
Seattle, Washington
“Good diner type food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I think I've only ever eaten breakfast here, but that I've done many times over the past 20 years. it's one of my husbands favorite places, so we visited on our recent stay. It's a nice comfortable place with pretty decent service and a great breakfast.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ParisAnne D
Port Townsend, Washington
“Local's Secret”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Spruce Goose sits beside the Jefferson County INTERNATIONAL Airport runway. Locals drive in and fly in for breakfast and lunch. Boston had Cheers; Port Townsend has the Goose, "where everyone knows your name." Friendly service and friendly diners all enjoying excellent, comfort food. If you can manage, save room for the homemade pies. In the summer, eat outside on the deck overlooking the runway and Olympic Mountains and enjoy one of the local beers on tap.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bill C
Winthrop, Washington
“Favorite breakfast spot!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We love to meet here for breakfast with extended family & friends when we're in the area. Great variety of classic breakfast items on the menu, all very reasonably priced, friendly service. Fun to look at all of the aviation décor inside as well as the airport action outside.

• Visited November 2013