“Don't miss this one!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Missouri
“Don't miss this one!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stopped while traveling through with family, food was fresh, all the bread was baked there. My grandson had a grilled cheese, but it was the best I've ever had. Fish tacos were amazing. Great service, great food and great prices.

• Visited June 2014

Tacoma, Washington
“Reasonably good food for a good price without having to detour into town”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Like a lot of people, we have been passing this place for years, always on our way to somewhere else where we would eat when we got there. This week, however, we had no set agenda, so it was nice not to have to detour off Highway 101 to find sustenance. We wanted a cozy spot out of the weather, and what sounds better than "Snug Harbor"? The knotty pine interior does lend old-time charm and the dining room is small but not crowded. We had lunch which satisfied our hunger without emptying our purse - halibut-and-chips were good and not greasy, though the $4.00 for a side of coleslaw seemed high, even if it was fresh and creamy. My companion had chicken strips, and thought the tempura batter was a very nice change from the usual breading. The service was average and we were not hounded by over-eager wait staff, always a plus for me. The restroom, though clean, lacked any handicap accessibility, so we will think twice before going back. I managed to climb the few stairs into and out of this little eatery, but a ramp and some minor upgrades would make this a place we would keep coming back to.

• Visited April 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Glad I finally stopped in!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I've driven by this place for years and finally stopped in. The decor could use some cleaning and I wish they would open the curtains, but the food is good and the seafood is fresh. Try the grilled oysters - they are hard to find on most menus because restaurants usually like to fry them, but these are plump and juicy and tasty. The salads are good too and the dressings are homemade.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Seattletravel88
Tacoma, WA
“A good place to eat”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staying at Discovery Bay WorldMark, this is a very short drive. Typical cafe menu with good choices. Steaks, sandwiches, burgers, salads - dressing are homemade and delicious- and a good selection of beers. Fish and chips, with choice of cod, halibut, salmon, or tuna, and chips that were battered and tasty, were inexpensive and tasty. Service and quick and friendly. For dessert we had an excellent key lime pie. Prices are very reasonable.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank RetiredTraveler2009
Port Orchard, Washington
“Worth the drive”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This place is in Discovery Bay. When I stayed in Discovery Bay, the staff recommended this place. They were right on!
My sister in law had fish n chips and I had salmon n chips. Good. Very good.
About 10 days later I was able to stop for halibut n chips. That halibut was some of the best I have had in the PNW.
The chips are so good.
Staff was nice both stops. The place is clean and comfortable.
Prices are reasonable: fish n chips: $10.95, salmon n chips: $11.95, and halibut(fresh) n chips: $13.95.

• Visited April 2013