See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2014

This little gem of a private getaway is something to be savored, it has the best view of any location. It is located ideally for walking to all the shops and restaurants located downtown and uptown. We only wish that we could have stayed longer. There was no issue with the lack of on-site staff. The unit is well appointed and very clean. Marilou, thank you again for making our stay as pleasant as possible. Every detail was attended prior to our arrival, from check in procedures to the soft music playing when we arrived! We will definately be back!

Room tip: Talk with Marilou, she will see to every detail for you!
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ladonne E
accommodations, Manager at A Bungalow on The Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2014

Hello.

It was such a pleasure to read your review of the Bungalow!

I take pride in knowing that everything is set perfectly for the guests to arrive, so they can just simply enjoy their stay.

Please do call me again and stay a couple of nights with us. There is always something happening in Port Townsend!

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr

Reviewed November 7, 2014

I was pleasantly surpeise at how close everything was to the bungalow. The place was clean and fresh. The manager Marilou was very welcoming. We can't wait to return. Might have to make this a twice a year visit. Thanks for a great weekend!

2  Thank DeeW220

Hello

I want to Thank you for your wonderful review and comments about the Bungalow. It is very convenient to walk to the Uptown district and the Downtown district. I hope that you will tell
your family and friends how you enjoyed staying with us.

Yes, please do call me again for another great night at the Bungalow.

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr.

Reviewed October 28, 2014

The bungalow views are great and the location is ideal. We've stayed at several places in Port Townsend and this location is by far our favorite. However, the management leaves a lot to be desired. Our reservation was never confirmed and we had to leave several voicemails because they never answer calls. We finally got a response the day we were arriving, just hours before, saying that we were confirmed. There were housekeeping issues as well: towels smelled like mildew, no orange juice provided, grounds had dog poop in the yard. In the end, you have to just focus on the view and location to justify the price and the lack of service. It is clear that the management of this property takes advantage of that. We made them aware of all of our issues before checking out but they offered no solutions.

3  Thank frommytravels
accommodations, Manager at A Bungalow on The Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2014

Hello.
Thank you for your review of the Bungalow stating that the location is by far your favorite after staying in many locations in Port Townsend. Yes the view is beautiful and this unit fabulous!

Our records show that you made the reservation on 10/1/14, you immediately received
Two emails: The first one was confirming that your reservation was received. The second one was the Confirmation and Check in Procedures. (You may want to look again)
The issue of Management leaves a lot to be desired and takes advantage of having a great view and location to justify the price of ($150) and the lack of service: I am management, I take it so seriously that my phone is on 24/7 – when I travel it is with me at all times. My record speaks for itself, the following is the only things that transpired between us:

I have all calls forwarded to my iphone, keeping record of all calls completed, missed, voice mails and texts for 30-45 days.
Phone records:
10/18/14 at 9:58 am – voice mail from M.C (I was driving on freeway-illegal to talk)
10/18/14 at 10:04 am – voice mail from R.C: stating made reservation a few weeks ago, no
confirmation. This indicates that this is indeed his first phone call to me
as follow up on his request on 10/1/14
10/18/14 at 10:26 am – I called and spoke with M.C. who requested text message of directions
and check in procedures rather than looking for email previously sent.
10/18/14 at 10:33 am – I texted complete directions and check in procedures and also noted
that you could check in earlier that 2pm.

10/19/14 at 10:41 am – I received a text concerning the towels, orange juice.
10/19/14 at 10:47 am - I texted you back, saying I was on the East Coast for two weeks and depended upon someone to handle the property in my absence. My only guess is that she rolled the towels for the basket prior to being completely dry and obviously forgot to place the orange juice. As far as dog poop, Port Townsend has a dog leash law. We do have up to 4 deer on the property that constantly eat our plants and poop. Upon my return, I walked the property and found evidence of two deer piles.

Action taken for future guests: Upon my return, based on recent job performances during my absence I terminated the maid.

I take great pride in my customer service and when my maid or anyone who is representing me falls short of my expectations, it is painful.

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed for three days and two nights. We were not disappointed! It was as advertised! The room was very clean and the view was beyond Gorgeous! The jetted tub and bathroom was perfect. Only thing we wished it had was another sink out by the fridge and eating utensils. A minor inconvenience. The deer and yard were spectacular along with the view. We will likely stay again in the future! I would have to say the past poor reviews have been resolved! Well Done!!

Date of stay: July 2013
2  Thank Blaske
accommodations, Manager at A Bungalow on The Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hello.

Your review is most appreciated!

The local deer population makes it interesting to say the least. They walk downtown, many using the proper crossings. Often times, you can see them just relaxing in the sun.

We take great pride in seeing that everything is in excellent condition so guests can fully relax to enjoy our beautiful view of the bay.

Thank you for pointing out that the past reviews are in the past and we look forward to many positive reviews.

We look forward to having you visit again,

Marilou

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was the perfect spot for my husband and my seventh wedding anniversary. The location is perfect for anyone who wants to be within easy walking distance from town. We walked each of the three days we stayed. The hill that you have to walk down and up is small and both of us found it convenient. The rooms were clean and well prepared. Everything was as advertised. The tub was great and big enough to fit two, comfortably. And the mural on the wall is actually quite good, in our opinion. One highlight was that a family of deer live on the property and we were able to watch them eat, sleep and even play. That was the best part, in my opinion. The view from the front window is spectacular. We didn't want to leave.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Erin T

Hello

Your review really points out the highlights of staying at the Bungalow. With the view, the cleanliness, and the convenience of walking to all the shops and restaurants in downtown and uptown districts, you cant find a better location.

Everyone enjoys our big soaking jacuzzi tub after a day of exploring.

Thank you for your review and I hope to hear from you soon!

Marilou