“One to return to...”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A new start under a management change including a "face lift" makes the setting very pleasant and intimate. The "donburi" was beautifully prepared and delicious from top to bottom. The service staff was helpful while assisting me in selecting my first try at sushi. This restaurant is now on my return to again-and-again.

There are newer reviews for Ichikawa Japanese Cuisine

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The service was horrible, the owner/waitress was rude, confrontational and unprofessional. The seared ahi was overcooked and the edamame was cold. We used to be regular customers and loved it until the new owners took over, now we will never be going back.

3  Thank Marie S
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Amazing food. Big portions which seems to be a trend in Port Townsend but the food was so delicious that we ate everything.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The food was over priced and the quality of the fish was mediocre. After eating I noticed the chef stirring the rice with the same dirty rag he had been using all night to clean the counter and cutting board with, he just rapped it around his hand and reached in to the pot of rice and stirred away, it was the grossest and most unsanitary thing I've ever seen in a restaurant, obviously they have little regard for safe food handling procedures. I would not recommend eating there anymore, I used to be a regular, however since it has changed owners the service and atmosphere leave a lot to be desired.

2  Thank Jon V
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was the best Japanese food my husband and I have ever eaten. Don't let the unfortunate exterior in a strip mall dissuade you--the interior is beautiful, the food is very high quality and the menu is extensive. They serve Shinjo (scallop stuffed shitake.) Their tempura is extremely light and crisp. Their nigiri and roll selection is extensive. We could not have envisioned a single improvement.