Recommended experiences in and around Port Townsend
from $25.00
More Info
from $15.00
More Info
All reviews fort worden light house military base artillery museum officers quarters sea glass bring a flashlight discovery pass sandy beach officer's row point wilson gun batteries hiking trails marine science center day pass puget sound parade ground
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I HAVE been coming to the fortress sen I was 13 years old I SENT 9 months at the fort as a bad boy. It was so nice there, I didn't like to go back home. The fort was the best times of my life i will keep coming back for the rest of my life

1  Thank Curious316528
Reviewed September 11, 2019

A few hiking pathes around the hills above. Old bunkers. Beatiful seashore. Nike way to spend a morning or afternoon when the weather is nice/sunny.

Reviewed September 8, 2019

History and nature lovers will truly enjoy a visit to Fort Worden State Park. Fort Worden is a navel base that was turned into a state park. You can walk around the grounds, tour the officer homes and hike the trails around the area. The park is also used for a variety of events, and you can even rent and stay in an officer's house on the grounds. There is a museum and places to eat as well. I thoroughly enjoyed the day that I spent there, but it would be a great location to visit again and perhaps stay in one of the officer homes. This would also be a great place to bring kids because of all of the trails and open spaces.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

This small Fort has some interesting history. Much is closed for viewing. Cabins are available to rent although we didn't stay here. School activities were going on for summer. Just a quick stop for us. The surrounding area is lovely.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

We are regular attendees at the Olympic Music Festival held at the theater on Fort Worden and thoroughly enjoy the venue. Lovely, well maintained park. Enjoy visiting year after year.