“Romantic room, delicious breakfast.”
Review of Old Consulate Inn

Old Consulate Inn
Ranked #4 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband and I stayed in the tower room. I was planning this trip as a surprise for his birthday. I was a little concerned that the room was overly feminine looking, but found it very romantic upon arrival. The innkeepers left chocolates on our pillows and the claw foot tub came stalked with bath salts and local soaps. Our room had an amazing view and would be an ideal place to watch the waves, read a book, and drink your favorite beverage. I could hear the bells in my room, but they didn't impact my sleeping and added to the ambiance. Plus, earplugs are provided for lighter sleepers.

Breakfast was exceptional. We had three courses featuring poached pears and home made doughnuts, eggs Benedict with fruit, and gingerbread waffles. There was plenty to eat and conversation was pleasant without feeling uncomfortable. I sometimes hesitate about B&B's because I like my privacy, but the size of this home makes it feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The tower room has a great view, and gets great morning light.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Old Consulate Inn

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I am not a "b&b" kind of girl; however, this place has made a convert out of me. Upon entering the door we felt right at home. Nathan and Cindy were so friendly and down to earth (as was their precious dog who I wanted to take home with us). We had the larger room which had a fireplace and turret sitting area---perfection. Variety of rooms to meet all tastes and budgets. Location was good for us. We partook in some dining and drinking and were glad for the leisurely stroll downtown (10 min). And last but not least...breakfast. AMAZING. You will be in a food coma afterwards, but there are worse positions to be in. Glad for the experience and will hopefully return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 11, 2011

I thought it might feel a bit strange staying at a B&B unaccompanied (I came to Port Townsend to conduct research), but I felt right at home. The gable room was really comfortable, the perfect size for one person, and the food was probably the best tasting and the most beautiful that I have ever eaten!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Dina S
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We spent a weekend at the Old Consulate Inn and loved it. The innkeepers, Nathan and Cindy, are warm and inviting, making each guest feel as though personally invited to stay at the Inn. Breakfast each morning is fantastic - Cindy goes all out with three courses that will give you all the fuel you need to tackle a day shopping on Water Street, taking a walk on the bluff, or enjoying the monthly Port Townsend art walk. The Tower Sweet was perfect for us; exceptional water views, a comfortable bed, and an en suite claw foot tub! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Port Townsend.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed here (Nov. 5th) and loved it. The innkeepers are great. Breakfast was huge and you could tell Cindy was once a professional chef. The view from the tower room was great , the turret overlooked the water, complete with beautiful sunsets, and the bed was very comfortable. I am now trying to get my husband to remodel one of our baths to include a claw foot tub, as I never wanted to get out of the one in our room. The location is excellent, easy walking distance to downtown and in a neighborhood filled with charming houses and abundant deer, so tame you could practically pet them. The house itself is a gem, full of Victorian charm and elegance. I would highly recommend this for a romantic getaway. Splurge and get one of the tower rooms with a view, so worth it. Also met other guest at breakfast and everyone commented on what a great place it was and how pampered we all felt we were by our hosts (Chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate in abundance). You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get a tower room with a view!
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We stayed at the Old Consulate Inn on the weekend of Nov 5th, 2011 and absolutely loved it. The Owners Nathan and Cindy were really nice and looked after all the guests with the up most attention and courtesy. As for the house, it feels like you stepped into a time machine and transported back to the 1800's, it's really something to see. The owners also dress from the time period to keep the illusion which was fun. I highly recommend you stay here if you're planning on going to Port Townsend. The breakfast in the morning was terrific as well, Cindy is an excellent cook :)

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Spent a pleasant one night at the Old Consulate. The "Villiage Room" was nice. We chose it because it had two separate (very comfortable) beds - however the other rooms were larger and several have fabulous water views for a higher price. Restaurants and shops are a reasonable several-block stroll. Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed: October 2011