“Don't do it!”
Review of Tides Inn

Tides Inn
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed October 5, 2005

We were working in Port Townsend for 2 days and because of the heavy work load, the jacuzzi on the deck sounded like a rewarding end to the day. I booked the "suite" for $140.00 facing the water. The pictures on the web make the hotel look like something out of Cape Cod, but it is far from it!
Unlocking the door, the first experience is the smell of an old musty room. I opened the windows and doors just to let the air in, it smelled so bad. The furniture was dated and in disrepair. The fan in the bathroom ceiling was caked with dust and cobwebs. With no time to complain, I ran back to the job site.
Upon returning at 9pm, I went to the deck to fill the "jacuzzi" (which was really an indoor spa tub slapped on the rickity deck). To my dismay, the hottest the water would get was luke warm. A clear starlit night that could have been peaceful just made me even more frustrated.
Complaining to the desk clerk pushed me over the edge to right this. with an arrogant subtle smile and in a condescending voice said she'd "be sure to talk with the maintence person". Thats it? Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
10  Thank Goodlife98034

Seattle
Reviewed August 28, 2005

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Tides on Aug 20th. We stayed in one of the deluxe king suites in the new building and it was nice, except for the ultra gaudy decor. The room was very clean, bed was cozy and it was very romantic to have a jacuzzi in the room. The view was excellent and it was so nice to drink our coffee on the deck and watch the ferry go by. The decor though...there are pictures on their web site of what I am talking about. Fake antique furniture, plastic that I think was supposed to look like carved wood. Not the quality you would expect in a $250.00 room! Over priced...but it is high season. If you can over look that part of it- It is a nice place to stay with a great view and we had a great time in Port Townsend.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bremerton, WA
Reviewed July 17, 2005

We stayed in the older section with a deck and a water view. This room was so over-priced it hurt. $110+tax for a small (tiny) room and everything in it was old (not a classy antique - old!). The shower was tiny and regulating the water was a challenge. I think everytime someone flushed or turned water on or off it adjusted the shower. There's not enough room for a shaving kit in the bathroom. This has to be the worst property for the money I have ever experienced. No AC and no screens on the window. Ripped screen on the slider. Came home with several bug bites of some kind. I wouldn't stay there again at half the price.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 6, 2005

Listen up! this is important!! I must warn you now! Do Not Come Here!!! the managment cares about nothing except what you have in your wallet. Do not expect them to answer any of your phone calls if you have a problem. THey will pretend that you dont exist! They will often lie and misslead you on how many rooms are available and what they cost. They will often tell you that nothing is left execpt one of their very expensive new suites. Yes they look beautiful, but everything is cheap!!! Often things break down or are not in running order. All of the rooms in the old building are old and run down. They have never been updated! Like I have stated before the managers care not about you and that you honestly get the best deal ever, they just want to make sure that you pay the highest price ever and make you think that you are getting the best deal imaginable! the beds are not comfortable, the comforter smelt like it had not been cleaned in 100 years. When we stayed management
tried to charge us an extra $100 dollars because someone thought we had a cat in the room. WE do not even own a cat, and even if we did why would we take it on vacation! Anything they can do to suck money out of you I guess. There are way better hotels for your money. In this cold, dark, damp town you are better off staying somwhere warm and worth the money. Consider yourself warned!

• Stayed: January 2004
11  Thank reedsport
Reviewed May 19, 2005

We stayed at the Tides Inn on Saturday, May 14, 2005. We were in town for a wedding and this hotel was recommended to us. I reserved the suite and the room was very nice. We were on the first floor and had a beautiful view of the Puget Sound. We had a huge Jacuzzi tub in our room. After a long day, I decided to take a nap and my wife a bath in the tub. When she got out the entire room was soaked. Apparently there was a leak in the Jacuzzi tub. We called the front desk and they gave us a new room (not as nice). After we got all settled and I got back to my nap, another couple opened our door and walked into our room. The hotel had rented the room to another couple. They did give us 50% off on the room, although it was a hassle dealing with this when we checked out. I would go back again, just because of its great rooms. The front desk needs to work on a few things.

• Stayed: May 2005
3  Thank dsbacky34
Seattle, WA
Reviewed February 15, 2005

We stayed in the "Officer and a Gentleman" Room, and loved the large jetted tub on the deck. There was plenty of hot water, and even on a rainy night in February, we were more than warm enough. The staff was friendly and helpful, and I definitely would recommend staying there. Considering being able to soak in a huge, jacuzzi tub with a great view, the value of the room was excellent.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Renton, WA
Reviewed January 3, 2005

Second time for us at the Tides! Stayed at the new wing, in the jacuzzi rooms. The bath was huge, and the third floor gives a panoramic view of the bay! Loved it! Sweet front desk people. Very nice little brunch in the morning, too! What a great way to usher in the New Year!! Go off-season for the rates, and get a jacuzzi room. What a romantic trip!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#4 of 11 in Port Townsend
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow

Been to Tides Inn? Share your experiences!