We were working in Port Townsend for 2 days and because of the heavy work load, the jacuzzi on the deck sounded like a rewarding end to the day. I booked the "suite" for $140.00 facing the water. The pictures on the web make the hotel look like something out of Cape Cod, but it is far from it!
Unlocking the door, the first experience is the smell of an old musty room. I opened the windows and doors just to let the air in, it smelled so bad. The furniture was dated and in disrepair. The fan in the bathroom ceiling was caked with dust and cobwebs. With no time to complain, I ran back to the job site.
Upon returning at 9pm, I went to the deck to fill the "jacuzzi" (which was really an indoor spa tub slapped on the rickity deck). To my dismay, the hottest the water would get was luke warm. A clear starlit night that could have been peaceful just made me even more frustrated.
Complaining to the desk clerk pushed me over the edge to right this. with an arrogant subtle smile and in a condescending voice said she'd "be sure to talk with the maintence person". Thats it? Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Many rooms boast private decks overlooking sparkling Port Townsend Bay. Protective windbreaks make year–round enjoyment eventful as the parade of ferries, fishing vessels and sailboats pass by. Take a deep breath of clean, fresh air as you revel in the sights and sounds of nature's seascape. Listen to the surf as it gently lulls you to sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Hotel Port Townsend
- Tides Motel Port Townsend