The Tides Inn was perfect for our weekend stay. The front desk staff was super friendly and the room was great! We stayed in the older rooms with the jacuzzi tub on the private balcony for $79/night. We filled the tub immediately upon check-in and had a lovely soak overlooking the water. The motel was situated just outside of downtown, so we did drive everywhere. However, if we'd had more than just a day, we probably would've walked into town because it would've been a nice walk.
My husband and I were joined on this trip with another couple (different rooms) and they enjoyed their experience as well. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and were in town for the Rhody Bike Tour the following Sunday. The room was large enough to house our bikes and our friends rode their's from the ferry terminal (from Whidbey Island), a short, easy ride away.
Port Townsend itself is absolutely adorable and when we return we'll stay at the Tides Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Many rooms boast private decks overlooking sparkling Port Townsend Bay. Protective windbreaks make year–round enjoyment eventful as the parade of ferries, fishing vessels and sailboats pass by. Take a deep breath of clean, fresh air as you revel in the sights and sounds of nature's seascape. Listen to the surf as it gently lulls you to sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Hotel Port Townsend
- Tides Motel Port Townsend