There is nothing I love more than gazing out at the water in Port Townsend -- watching ferries and sailboats go by; watching birds and occasionally other wildlife. These rooms are perfect for this very pastime. The hotel has an older side that has been there since the 80's or earlier (when part of An Officer and a Gentleman was filmed there, if you remember that movie) and a newer side, so there is a big price range to chose from - around $69 to $190 per night when we were there, I think. The front desk staff was SO nice and offered to let us check in early (without us asking about that) and also offered to let us look at the different rooms. In fact she just handed us a key and let us go look on our own -- very trusting. The older rustic side would probably be more like a beach house feel, but those rooms seemed perfectly nice. We opted for the newer (higher price) room. I think she said they all basically have the same amenities - view of the water, gas fireplace, deck, Jacuzzi tub, microwave, fridge, & coffee maker. They offered continental breakfast, but we didn't try it, so I can't comment on that. Overall a wonderful, relaxing visit.
Other: This hotel is very close to downtown shopping/restaurants; not close enough to walk -- mostly because it isn't a very pedestrian friendly road, but only a couple minute drive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Many rooms boast private decks overlooking sparkling Port Townsend Bay. Protective windbreaks make year–round enjoyment eventful as the parade of ferries, fishing vessels and sailboats pass by. Take a deep breath of clean, fresh air as you revel in the sights and sounds of nature's seascape. Listen to the surf as it gently lulls you to sleep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Tides Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tides Hotel Port Townsend
- Tides Motel Port Townsend