“A Perfect Port Townsend Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Washington Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“A Perfect Port Townsend Stay!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while we explored Port Townsend and nearby areas during the Wine and Cheese Festival. We had #3 and it was perfect and affordable!! We loved the flexibility and independence that this hotel design allowed for us to come and go as we pleased with a simple key code. The cleanliness and comfort was top notch! The set up is perfect for a couple who wants to be in town and close to it all, but feel like a local :) How fun! It really made our entire weekend memorable in a way that a typical hotel couldn't. The hotel is managed very well by Marilou and we tell everyone we know about this little gem. Well done, Washington Hotel - we look forward to our next visit which I just finished booking for Brewfest! You were the first place I checked for availability!

Room Tip: Everything is great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kateyrose
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hello.

It was wonderful to view the comment posting you made concerning the Washington Hotel. The hotel has done well and we hope to make some improvements this year!

I am happy that you are returning to the hotel this month and hope to meet you in person!

Thank you for taking time to post a comment, it means a lot to us.

Marilou Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Seattle
Reviewed November 1, 2013

My boyfriend and I just stayed at the Washington Hotel for a night. We went out of town for a short trip from Seattle and I found this hotel on Trip Advisor. It was super clean, easy to find and centrally located.The private entry without passing checkout was nice- as we could come in late or early and not bother anyone. It felt both private and welcoming. The manager was very nice and friendly which just added to the charm of the place. We would definitely recommend this hotel if you are ever in Port Townsend!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marie S
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Hello
I really appreciate the time you took to write a review of the Washington Hotel! It is a great hotel with the central location, the ease of checking in and the cleanliness. I hope to hear from you
again soon and if you any of your friends or family stay, please tell them to let me know!
Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here this summer for a brief stay and wished we were staying longer. The hotel itself was small and felt intimate and very private. Everything we could have wanted or needed was there. We like the fact that we did not have a key to keep track of, the price was great, the proprietor was accessible for any questions, and the location was exactly what we were looking for in the center of this charming town. Our room was clean and spacious, well-appointed, and very homey. Our visit to Port Townsend was truly enhanced by our accommodations - would highly recommend this hotel, and, should we be out this way again, will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth C
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello,

I want to Thank you for your comments concerning the Washington Hotel. It is my goal to ensure that every guest enjoys their accommodations while staying with you. As you mentioned, the clean, spacious and well appointed rooms enhanced your visit to Port Townsend. The location being right downtown with off street parking makes it easy to walk and enjoy the shops and restaurants.
I do hope to hear from you again when you return to this area.

Marilou Sullivan
NY
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a terrific one night stay in "Room 2" at this "hotel" and were only sorry that we weren't staying longer. The room was spacious, very clean, quiet, modern, beautifully decorated and conveniently located. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Unlike a conventional hotel, The Washington Hotel has only 4 rooms (a positive in my book) and there are no on-site staff. Lack of on-site staff does not, however, mean no service-- as I found out when I accidentally left my iPad charger in the room on departure. When I realized my mistake upon reaching our next destination 50 miles away, I called Marilou. She said she had been trying to reach me and that she would mail the charger back to my home (which she did at her own cost). I would definitely stay at the Washington Hotel again if visiting Port Townsend and recommend it to others.

2 Thank Jazz15NY
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Washington Hotel! When we do find items left behind, we try to catch you before you leave town. I'm glad we connected and you now have your phone charger back safely, no problem mailing small items without charge.

I am very proud of the hotel with it's growing reputation. The location with our own private parking area and being one of the few modern places is really unique for downtown Port Townsend.

Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Jamison, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is centrally located near the water, the farmers' markets and the many quaint shops in town. We were delightfully surprised by the "European" style rooms, most comfortable beds, along with a little sitting room. The bathroom was large and exceptionally clean. We enjoyed the quietness of the hotel, which is a bit like a bed and breakfast (but no breakfast). In addition, there is a small kitchenette with use of a microwave, etc., and amenities like wine glasses, books, a full-size coffee maker. When travelling to Port Townsend again, we will definitely book at the Washington Hotel1

Room Tip: #2 was wonderful
3 Thank patriciamarley27
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the hotel. Room #2 is very spacious and can sleep up to five people with the two queen beds in the main room and the twin sofa bed in the sitting room. I always appreciate guests commenting on the little things that we have done like the glass stemware and mugs etc. to make your stay enjoyable.
It is always a pleasure to hear that you will be returning sometime in the future.
Thank you again!
Auburn, California
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stumbled on this amazing place off the internet eccidentally while passing through PT. Marilou was sweet, courteous and let us know @ the lobby-less hotel, keyless check-in and detailed location. We jumped at the low price and central locale and were so surprised at the modern rooms, quaint detail, comfy beds ( OMG! The linens!!!) and HUGE bathroom. We traveled up and down the Oregon/Washington/Cali coast and this was BY FAR the most amazing hotel. Romantic, intimate, fantastic.

Room Tip: Our rrom had a sitting room, giant bathroom and perfect parking.
2 Thank denised42
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
WOW! You stated "By Far the Most Amazing Hotel" "Romantic, Intimate, Fantastic" I am totally speechless! Thank you, Thank you!
I put a great amount of effort personally to ensure that the suites are what I would want when staying at places and it certainly is clear that you enjoyed my efforts.
In traveling myself, I can honestly say I have not found a hotel such as the Washington Hotel. It is the unique size that gives it the quiet intimate feel and the location perfect to enjoy the many shops and restaurants.
Thank you again for taking the time to post such a Fantastic review. I hope to hear from you again very soon.
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visit Port Townsend very often and bring a lot of business to the community because we conduct workshops here and people from all over the world attend. This is one of the hotels I always recommend on the information sheet we send to participants.

The hotel is small (consists of 4 rooms) and all the reservations are handled through email with contact by phone if needed. Marilou has always been very responsive and helpful especially when I need to move rooms or change dates. Prior to arriving you are sent a set of codes for the front door and your own room. Once in the hotel, you will probably never see anyone else who is staying there as it is quiet and guests rarely bump into each other. The beds are comfy and the televisions have recently been replaced. The rooms are nicely decorated with books lying around for you to read. Parking is off the street at the back of the hotel and once you park, you won't move your car as there is much to see within walking distance. If you run into issues, Marilou is just a phone call away.

Last week I had five people from our workshop book into this hotel and unlike the service we received at the restaurant Sweet Laurette, the Hotel Washington was a gem. I only hope not too many people find out about this place otherwise I will have a hard time finding a room for myself and our workshop participants :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank garagebroker
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello.

First of all, Thank you for bringing business to Port Townsend!
I appreciate your positive comments concerning me being responsive to guests. It is my goal to have each guest thoroughly enjoy staying in the hotel, so they will want to return again and again.
Yes, the rooms are quite quiet. I actually had a guest that was convinced that she was the only one for an entire week due to not hearing or seeing anyone.
I receive many compliments about the hardbound books that are placed in all of the rooms, many of them will transport you to various locations around the world.
It is always a pleasure having your group stay at the hotel. Please call me again soon!