“Excellent stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Washington Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
NY
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a terrific one night stay in "Room 2" at this "hotel" and were only sorry that we weren't staying longer. The room was spacious, very clean, quiet, modern, beautifully decorated and conveniently located. We couldn't have asked for anything more. Unlike a conventional hotel, The Washington Hotel has only 4 rooms (a positive in my book) and there are no on-site staff. Lack of on-site staff does not, however, mean no service-- as I found out when I accidentally left my iPad charger in the room on departure. When I realized my mistake upon reaching our next destination 50 miles away, I called Marilou. She said she had been trying to reach me and that she would mail the charger back to my home (which she did at her own cost). I would definitely stay at the Washington Hotel again if visiting Port Townsend and recommend it to others.

2 Thank Jazz15NY
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Washington Hotel! When we do find items left behind, we try to catch you before you leave town. I'm glad we connected and you now have your phone charger back safely, no problem mailing small items without charge.

I am very proud of the hotel with it's growing reputation. The location with our own private parking area and being one of the few modern places is really unique for downtown Port Townsend.

Thanks again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Marilou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Jamison, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is centrally located near the water, the farmers' markets and the many quaint shops in town. We were delightfully surprised by the "European" style rooms, most comfortable beds, along with a little sitting room. The bathroom was large and exceptionally clean. We enjoyed the quietness of the hotel, which is a bit like a bed and breakfast (but no breakfast). In addition, there is a small kitchenette with use of a microwave, etc., and amenities like wine glasses, books, a full-size coffee maker. When travelling to Port Townsend again, we will definitely book at the Washington Hotel1

Room Tip: #2 was wonderful
3 Thank patriciamarley27
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of the hotel. Room #2 is very spacious and can sleep up to five people with the two queen beds in the main room and the twin sofa bed in the sitting room. I always appreciate guests commenting on the little things that we have done like the glass stemware and mugs etc. to make your stay enjoyable.
It is always a pleasure to hear that you will be returning sometime in the future.
Thank you again!
Auburn, California
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stumbled on this amazing place off the internet eccidentally while passing through PT. Marilou was sweet, courteous and let us know @ the lobby-less hotel, keyless check-in and detailed location. We jumped at the low price and central locale and were so surprised at the modern rooms, quaint detail, comfy beds ( OMG! The linens!!!) and HUGE bathroom. We traveled up and down the Oregon/Washington/Cali coast and this was BY FAR the most amazing hotel. Romantic, intimate, fantastic.

Room Tip: Our rrom had a sitting room, giant bathroom and perfect parking.
2 Thank denised42
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
WOW! You stated "By Far the Most Amazing Hotel" "Romantic, Intimate, Fantastic" I am totally speechless! Thank you, Thank you!
I put a great amount of effort personally to ensure that the suites are what I would want when staying at places and it certainly is clear that you enjoyed my efforts.
In traveling myself, I can honestly say I have not found a hotel such as the Washington Hotel. It is the unique size that gives it the quiet intimate feel and the location perfect to enjoy the many shops and restaurants.
Thank you again for taking the time to post such a Fantastic review. I hope to hear from you again very soon.
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visit Port Townsend very often and bring a lot of business to the community because we conduct workshops here and people from all over the world attend. This is one of the hotels I always recommend on the information sheet we send to participants.

The hotel is small (consists of 4 rooms) and all the reservations are handled through email with contact by phone if needed. Marilou has always been very responsive and helpful especially when I need to move rooms or change dates. Prior to arriving you are sent a set of codes for the front door and your own room. Once in the hotel, you will probably never see anyone else who is staying there as it is quiet and guests rarely bump into each other. The beds are comfy and the televisions have recently been replaced. The rooms are nicely decorated with books lying around for you to read. Parking is off the street at the back of the hotel and once you park, you won't move your car as there is much to see within walking distance. If you run into issues, Marilou is just a phone call away.

Last week I had five people from our workshop book into this hotel and unlike the service we received at the restaurant Sweet Laurette, the Hotel Washington was a gem. I only hope not too many people find out about this place otherwise I will have a hard time finding a room for myself and our workshop participants :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank garagebroker
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello.

First of all, Thank you for bringing business to Port Townsend!
I appreciate your positive comments concerning me being responsive to guests. It is my goal to have each guest thoroughly enjoy staying in the hotel, so they will want to return again and again.
Yes, the rooms are quite quiet. I actually had a guest that was convinced that she was the only one for an entire week due to not hearing or seeing anyone.
I receive many compliments about the hardbound books that are placed in all of the rooms, many of them will transport you to various locations around the world.
It is always a pleasure having your group stay at the hotel. Please call me again soon!

Novato, California
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My sister and I both loved our stay here. SO clean and fresh and comfortable! I was astonished at how inviting and welcoming I found our "modern" room, as I actually like "Victorian" décor. Fine mattresses and pillows, fresh-smelling towels and bedding, nicely scented soap. Super-nice manager, Marilou is only a phone call away. We heard NO noise from other guests. The neighborhood is centrally located but quiet; we had the windows open (on two summer weekend nights) and did hear occasional sounds of people who parked on the block.
Tips: Tea drinkers, bring tea bags, as only coffee is provided. Be prepared for a flight of stairs up to the guestrooms (Marilou is happy to help with luggage if you give her a jingle.) Keep your key-codes (or at least your cellphone) on you, when you step outside and let the front door close behind you. (The phone number is on the front door. After which, write key-codes on your hand! )
This hotel is a wonderful deal. I will definitely choose this as my first choice next time I need accommodations in Port Townsend!

Room Tip: Ask Marilou for a recommendation; the arrangement of each room/suite is unique!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Nancy G
I am thrilled to have read your comments about the Washington Hotel! I truly enjoyed meeting you and hearing how you have enjoyed staying with your sister in Suite #2. We pay attention to what we offer our guests to ensure that they are quite comfortable. I will be purchasing some tea for the rooms as suggested. I myself like to have a "spot" of tea in the evening.
Having key codes is easier that keeping track of a key, you are right to suggest guests keep the information in their phones while going in and out for the day or evening.
I understand that you may be traveling more to Port Townsend and actually viewed #3 and found it to be attractive to stay in with your husband on a return trip.

Please call us again soon, we would love to have your stay again.
\
Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great experience. Our suite could easily have slept six people and included a door between rooms - which would allow different bedtimes to be accommodated. I don't usually pay much attention to hotel decorating, but someone obviously put quite a bit of thought into our room. The neighborhood is filled with great restaurants, coffee houses, and interesting shopping just a few steps from the front door. It's also just a short walk to the bay and the Northwest Maritime Center. This is a hotel you should consider if you're staying in Port Townsend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Glenn C
I enjoyed reading your comment about the Washington Hotel and appreciate you encouraging others traveling to Port Townsend to consider staying with us.
Our location and off street parking makes it a perfect place for guests to truly enjoy downtown Port Townsend without having to move their car or having to drive to restaurant and shops.
I believe you stayed in our largest Suite #4. It has two bedrooms each with queen beds and a sitting room with a twin daybed - making it easy to accommodate up to five guest or perhaps having two little ones it could be up to six people.
Thank you again for your wonderful review and hope to hear from you again soon!

Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm overwhelmed by how incredible this little hotel turned out to be! I found it on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a shot. Great email communications with the hotel manager. I was a little worried that we'd be checking in later than I'd planned but the awesome thing about the hotel is that there are NO keys!! And - no offence - no staff on site. We used key codes to enter the building and our room. That was nice since we did get in later! The room was perfectly decorated as promised with modern (and NOT Victorian!!) decor. It felt like home. It was quiet and clean and a very nice place to stay. My only complaint -- the area was experiencing warmer weather that weekend and the room was a little stuffy. The windows were open - but there are no screens and we were afraid of rain or even worse, a local seagull!!! So, we shut up the room and used the small desk fan. Maybe window screens?? Larger fan? Otherwise... this place is perfect, very afforadable and right in the heart of the cutest little town. Already starting to plan a 2014 trip back to the Washington Hotel. Thank you SO much!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lizzib1972
Thank you for your great review of the Washington Hotel!
I am happy to hear that you liked the idea of key codes and not having a lobby to detain you from getting immediately into your room upon arrival. We are modern to appeal to those visitors not looking for a Victorian style room. Your concern of a seagull landing in room, I need to say that it has never happened in the years that I have managed the hotel and highly unlikely. We take pride in keeping the hotel orderly and clean for all guests and I appreciate your compliments.
I hope to hear from you when you find yourself once again traveling to Port Townsend.