“best hotel EVER!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Washington Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stumbled on this amazing place off the internet eccidentally while passing through PT. Marilou was sweet, courteous and let us know @ the lobby-less hotel, keyless check-in and detailed location. We jumped at the low price and central locale and were so surprised at the modern rooms, quaint detail, comfy beds ( OMG! The linens!!!) and HUGE bathroom. We traveled up and down the Oregon/Washington/Cali coast and this was BY FAR the most amazing hotel. Romantic, intimate, fantastic.

Room Tip: Our rrom had a sitting room, giant bathroom and perfect parking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank denised42
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

WOW! You stated "By Far the Most Amazing Hotel" "Romantic, Intimate, Fantastic" I am totally speechless! Thank you, Thank you!
I put a great amount of effort personally to ensure that the suites are what I would want when staying at places and it certainly is clear that you enjoyed my efforts.
In traveling myself, I can honestly say I have not found a hotel such as the Washington Hotel. It is the unique size that gives it the quiet intimate feel and the location perfect to enjoy the many shops and restaurants.
Thank you again for taking the time to post such a Fantastic review. I hope to hear from you again very soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visit Port Townsend very often and bring a lot of business to the community because we conduct workshops here and people from all over the world attend. This is one of the hotels I always recommend on the information sheet we send to participants.

The hotel is small (consists of 4 rooms) and all the reservations are handled through email with contact by phone if needed. Marilou has always been very responsive and helpful especially when I need to move rooms or change dates. Prior to arriving you are sent a set of codes for the front door and your own room. Once in the hotel, you will probably never see anyone else who is staying there as it is quiet and guests rarely bump into each other. The beds are comfy and the televisions have recently been replaced. The rooms are nicely decorated with books lying around for you to read. Parking is off the street at the back of the hotel and once you park, you won't move your car as there is much to see within walking distance. If you run into issues, Marilou is just a phone call away.

Last week I had five people from our workshop book into this hotel and unlike the service we received at the restaurant Sweet Laurette, the Hotel Washington was a gem. I only hope not too many people find out about this place otherwise I will have a hard time finding a room for myself and our workshop participants :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank garagebroker
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Hello.

First of all, Thank you for bringing business to Port Townsend!
I appreciate your positive comments concerning me being responsive to guests. It is my goal to have each guest thoroughly enjoy staying in the hotel, so they will want to return again and again.
Yes, the rooms are quite quiet. I actually had a guest that was convinced that she was the only one for an entire week due to not hearing or seeing anyone.
I receive many compliments about the hardbound books that are placed in all of the rooms, many of them will transport you to various locations around the world.
It is always a pleasure having your group stay at the hotel. Please call me again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My sister and I both loved our stay here. SO clean and fresh and comfortable! I was astonished at how inviting and welcoming I found our "modern" room, as I actually like "Victorian" décor. Fine mattresses and pillows, fresh-smelling towels and bedding, nicely scented soap. Super-nice manager, Marilou is only a phone call away. We heard NO noise from other guests. The neighborhood is centrally located but quiet; we had the windows open (on two summer weekend nights) and did hear occasional sounds of people who parked on the block.
Tips: Tea drinkers, bring tea bags, as only coffee is provided. Be prepared for a flight of stairs up to the guestrooms (Marilou is happy to help with luggage if you give her a jingle.) Keep your key-codes (or at least your cellphone) on you, when you step outside and let the front door close behind you. (The phone number is on the front door. After which, write key-codes on your hand! )
This hotel is a wonderful deal. I will definitely choose this as my first choice next time I need accommodations in Port Townsend!

Room Tip: Ask Marilou for a recommendation; the arrangement of each room/suite is unique!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy G

I am thrilled to have read your comments about the Washington Hotel! I truly enjoyed meeting you and hearing how you have enjoyed staying with your sister in Suite #2. We pay attention to what we offer our guests to ensure that they are quite comfortable. I will be purchasing some tea for the rooms as suggested. I myself like to have a "spot" of tea in the evening.
Having key codes is easier that keeping track of a key, you are right to suggest guests keep the information in their phones while going in and out for the day or evening.
I understand that you may be traveling more to Port Townsend and actually viewed #3 and found it to be attractive to stay in with your husband on a return trip.

Please call us again soon, we would love to have your stay again.
\

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great experience. Our suite could easily have slept six people and included a door between rooms - which would allow different bedtimes to be accommodated. I don't usually pay much attention to hotel decorating, but someone obviously put quite a bit of thought into our room. The neighborhood is filled with great restaurants, coffee houses, and interesting shopping just a few steps from the front door. It's also just a short walk to the bay and the Northwest Maritime Center. This is a hotel you should consider if you're staying in Port Townsend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Glenn C

I enjoyed reading your comment about the Washington Hotel and appreciate you encouraging others traveling to Port Townsend to consider staying with us.
Our location and off street parking makes it a perfect place for guests to truly enjoy downtown Port Townsend without having to move their car or having to drive to restaurant and shops.
I believe you stayed in our largest Suite #4. It has two bedrooms each with queen beds and a sitting room with a twin daybed - making it easy to accommodate up to five guest or perhaps having two little ones it could be up to six people.
Thank you again for your wonderful review and hope to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm overwhelmed by how incredible this little hotel turned out to be! I found it on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a shot. Great email communications with the hotel manager. I was a little worried that we'd be checking in later than I'd planned but the awesome thing about the hotel is that there are NO keys!! And - no offence - no staff on site. We used key codes to enter the building and our room. That was nice since we did get in later! The room was perfectly decorated as promised with modern (and NOT Victorian!!) decor. It felt like home. It was quiet and clean and a very nice place to stay. My only complaint -- the area was experiencing warmer weather that weekend and the room was a little stuffy. The windows were open - but there are no screens and we were afraid of rain or even worse, a local seagull!!! So, we shut up the room and used the small desk fan. Maybe window screens?? Larger fan? Otherwise... this place is perfect, very afforadable and right in the heart of the cutest little town. Already starting to plan a 2014 trip back to the Washington Hotel. Thank you SO much!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lizzib1972

Thank you for your great review of the Washington Hotel!
I am happy to hear that you liked the idea of key codes and not having a lobby to detain you from getting immediately into your room upon arrival. We are modern to appeal to those visitors not looking for a Victorian style room. Your concern of a seagull landing in room, I need to say that it has never happened in the years that I have managed the hotel and highly unlikely. We take pride in keeping the hotel orderly and clean for all guests and I appreciate your compliments.
I hope to hear from you when you find yourself once again traveling to Port Townsend.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place was spotlessly clean. The bed was super comfortable with soft linens and pillows. The room was eclectically furnished and not a purple flower or piece of victorian lace in sight! We never actually saw staff but let ourselves in with key codes provided in an email. It is located steps away from all the cool things to see and do in downtown Pt Townsend. We were truly sorry not to stay longer and will stay there for sure if we visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Christina D
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Hello Christine!

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Washington Hotel. I am happy to hear that yet another guest has stayed with us and truly appreciated the cleanliness, the comfort and the location of the Hotel.

Tell your friends who may be traveling to Port Townsend or want a weekend getaway to contact me and I will be happy to assist them with any arrangements.

Yes, please do return and stay with us again.

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently planned a trip to Port Townsend. I had not been here in many years so I started reading reviews. I sent a couple of emails to a few hotels, with no response EXCEPT for Marilou Sullivan at the Washington Hotel. She emailed me several times before my trip and made me feel very confident that I made the right choice. The hotel was perfect in every way!! Location, clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. It even came with a full coffee pot and a large amount of both decaff and regular coffee! I did end up staying a second night in PT, due to the higher price I did stay at another location that was less inexpensive. I would, however, definitely stay here again. Room 4 was perfect..Thank you Marilou, you were great!

Teri

Room Tip: Room 4 and an adjacent room to make it a 2 bdrm.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TGINNIS

I want to Thank You for your recent review of the Washington Hotel. It is always good to hear what our guests say about and how they enjoy the hotel.
Room #4 is the largest room, having room to sleep 5 people. Although our rates begin at $115, our rooms are consistently clean, we have convenient off-street parking and we do not require a two night stay on weekends. We are located right in the middle of downtown, so you can walk to all the shops and restaurants located in both downtown and uptown areas.
Continue to look for special offers on Trip Advisor for your next stay at the hotel!

I hope to hear from you again soon!

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr