“Great Find!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Washington Hotel
Ranked #6 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My sister and I both loved our stay here. SO clean and fresh and comfortable! I was astonished at how inviting and welcoming I found our "modern" room, as I actually like "Victorian" décor. Fine mattresses and pillows, fresh-smelling towels and bedding, nicely scented soap. Super-nice manager, Marilou is only a phone call away. We heard NO noise from other guests. The neighborhood is centrally located but quiet; we had the windows open (on two summer weekend nights) and did hear occasional sounds of people who parked on the block.
Tips: Tea drinkers, bring tea bags, as only coffee is provided. Be prepared for a flight of stairs up to the guestrooms (Marilou is happy to help with luggage if you give her a jingle.) Keep your key-codes (or at least your cellphone) on you, when you step outside and let the front door close behind you. (The phone number is on the front door. After which, write key-codes on your hand! )
This hotel is a wonderful deal. I will definitely choose this as my first choice next time I need accommodations in Port Townsend!

Room Tip: Ask Marilou for a recommendation; the arrangement of each room/suite is unique!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy G
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

I am thrilled to have read your comments about the Washington Hotel! I truly enjoyed meeting you and hearing how you have enjoyed staying with your sister in Suite #2. We pay attention to what we offer our guests to ensure that they are quite comfortable. I will be purchasing some tea for the rooms as suggested. I myself like to have a "spot" of tea in the evening.
Having key codes is easier that keeping track of a key, you are right to suggest guests keep the information in their phones while going in and out for the day or evening.
I understand that you may be traveling more to Port Townsend and actually viewed #3 and found it to be attractive to stay in with your husband on a return trip.

Please call us again soon, we would love to have your stay again.
\

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had a great experience. Our suite could easily have slept six people and included a door between rooms - which would allow different bedtimes to be accommodated. I don't usually pay much attention to hotel decorating, but someone obviously put quite a bit of thought into our room. The neighborhood is filled with great restaurants, coffee houses, and interesting shopping just a few steps from the front door. It's also just a short walk to the bay and the Northwest Maritime Center. This is a hotel you should consider if you're staying in Port Townsend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Glenn C

I enjoyed reading your comment about the Washington Hotel and appreciate you encouraging others traveling to Port Townsend to consider staying with us.
Our location and off street parking makes it a perfect place for guests to truly enjoy downtown Port Townsend without having to move their car or having to drive to restaurant and shops.
I believe you stayed in our largest Suite #4. It has two bedrooms each with queen beds and a sitting room with a twin daybed - making it easy to accommodate up to five guest or perhaps having two little ones it could be up to six people.
Thank you again for your wonderful review and hope to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm overwhelmed by how incredible this little hotel turned out to be! I found it on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a shot. Great email communications with the hotel manager. I was a little worried that we'd be checking in later than I'd planned but the awesome thing about the hotel is that there are NO keys!! And - no offence - no staff on site. We used key codes to enter the building and our room. That was nice since we did get in later! The room was perfectly decorated as promised with modern (and NOT Victorian!!) decor. It felt like home. It was quiet and clean and a very nice place to stay. My only complaint -- the area was experiencing warmer weather that weekend and the room was a little stuffy. The windows were open - but there are no screens and we were afraid of rain or even worse, a local seagull!!! So, we shut up the room and used the small desk fan. Maybe window screens?? Larger fan? Otherwise... this place is perfect, very afforadable and right in the heart of the cutest little town. Already starting to plan a 2014 trip back to the Washington Hotel. Thank you SO much!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lizzib1972

Thank you for your great review of the Washington Hotel!
I am happy to hear that you liked the idea of key codes and not having a lobby to detain you from getting immediately into your room upon arrival. We are modern to appeal to those visitors not looking for a Victorian style room. Your concern of a seagull landing in room, I need to say that it has never happened in the years that I have managed the hotel and highly unlikely. We take pride in keeping the hotel orderly and clean for all guests and I appreciate your compliments.
I hope to hear from you when you find yourself once again traveling to Port Townsend.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place was spotlessly clean. The bed was super comfortable with soft linens and pillows. The room was eclectically furnished and not a purple flower or piece of victorian lace in sight! We never actually saw staff but let ourselves in with key codes provided in an email. It is located steps away from all the cool things to see and do in downtown Pt Townsend. We were truly sorry not to stay longer and will stay there for sure if we visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Christina D
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Hello Christine!

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Washington Hotel. I am happy to hear that yet another guest has stayed with us and truly appreciated the cleanliness, the comfort and the location of the Hotel.

Tell your friends who may be traveling to Port Townsend or want a weekend getaway to contact me and I will be happy to assist them with any arrangements.

Yes, please do return and stay with us again.

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently planned a trip to Port Townsend. I had not been here in many years so I started reading reviews. I sent a couple of emails to a few hotels, with no response EXCEPT for Marilou Sullivan at the Washington Hotel. She emailed me several times before my trip and made me feel very confident that I made the right choice. The hotel was perfect in every way!! Location, clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. It even came with a full coffee pot and a large amount of both decaff and regular coffee! I did end up staying a second night in PT, due to the higher price I did stay at another location that was less inexpensive. I would, however, definitely stay here again. Room 4 was perfect..Thank you Marilou, you were great!

Teri

Room Tip: Room 4 and an adjacent room to make it a 2 bdrm.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TGINNIS

I want to Thank You for your recent review of the Washington Hotel. It is always good to hear what our guests say about and how they enjoy the hotel.
Room #4 is the largest room, having room to sleep 5 people. Although our rates begin at $115, our rooms are consistently clean, we have convenient off-street parking and we do not require a two night stay on weekends. We are located right in the middle of downtown, so you can walk to all the shops and restaurants located in both downtown and uptown areas.
Continue to look for special offers on Trip Advisor for your next stay at the hotel!

I hope to hear from you again soon!

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Spent another weekend (winter getaway) in PT. Again, we stayed at the Washington Hotel. We took other reviewers suggestions and rented the entire hotel and brought family along. Same clean, updated rooms, comfy beds. They've even updated the TVs to wall mounted flat screens (assuming you want to spend your time watching TV). The central location is great, you've got all of old downtown, and walking the steps, you have Uptown as well. Sad to see the Salal Café and The Undertown are out of business, but we enjoyed some time at the new Pourhouse. Overall, another great weekend. Thanks to Marilou for making sure our stay was comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 1 has 2 beds (separate bedrooms) and a view over the fountain. Room 2 has two beds (same room...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim C
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Hello Again!

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Washington Hotel.

Booking the entire hotel for your family this year was great for everyone. In visiting the hotel one day while your family was here, I had the impression everyone was enjoying their stay. I am always happy to have large groups stay at the hotel and I hope that this may become an annual event for you!

Yes, we updated the TV situation with mounted flat screens. It allowed us to remove those over sized worthless cabinets allowing a more open space and light in the rooms.

Your room tips are wonderful, but let's add that Room 2 with two queens now has a twin sofa sleeper in the sitting room to allow 5 guests. The same is true with Room 4, the sitting room has a twin day bed to allow for 5 guests.

Always good to hear that guests have found the location perfect to enjoy Port Townsend downtown district and the uptown district as well.

Thanks Again, Jim! I hope to have you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for the first time and had such a lovely experience - the location is great - central but slightly off the beaten path, quiet, clean, comfortable and well-furnished. The manager let us check-in a bit early with our baby as no one had the room the night before we arrived, which made our whole day easier - we could settle-in and let the baby move, and explore without the hassle of doing everything from the trunk of the car. We will come back! We felt very welcomed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your first experience of staying at the Washington Hotel, I am so pleased that I was able to accommodate your desire of having a earlier check in.

Being a mother of three daughters and having traveled when they were young, I know what it's like when you have to wait until 4pm to check in with babies. It is my high priority to have the rooms ready early for those traveling with babies and small children. Thank you for mentioning this in your comment for others to see.

It's always great to hear that people enjoy the location and comfort of the hotel and expect to
return again.

Enjoy that baby, and I hope to hear from you again soon!