The Washington Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bishop Victorian Hotel(Port Townsend)
$165
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
$82
Tides Inn(Port Townsend)
$152
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)(Great Value!)
$143
$139
Orbitz.com
Harborside Inn(Port Townsend)
$89
Palace Hotel Port Townsend(Port Townsend)(Great Value!)
$149
$145
Manresa Castle(Port Townsend)
$92
  • Free Internet
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsice makerperfect locationsitting arealarge mirrorwatching tvcourtyard cafesmall fridgetwo queen bedswithin walking distancerose theatersecond floorno elevatorsuitedowntownbookssullivanstairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I recently planned a trip to Port Townsend. I had not been here in many years so I started reading reviews. I sent a couple of emails to a few hotels, with no response EXCEPT for Marilou Sullivan at the Washington Hotel. She emailed me several times before my trip and made me feel very confident that I made the right choice. The hotel was perfect in every way!! Location, clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. It even came with a full coffee pot and a large amount of both decaff and regular coffee! I did end up staying a second night in PT, due to the higher price I did stay at another location that was less inexpensive. I would, however, definitely stay here again. Room 4 was perfect..Thank you Marilou, you were great!

Teri

Room Tip: Room 4 and an adjacent room to make it a 2 bdrm.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TGINNIS
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

I want to Thank You for your recent review of the Washington Hotel. It is always good to hear what our guests say about and how they enjoy the hotel.
Room #4 is the largest room, having room to sleep 5 people. Although our rates begin at $115, our rooms are consistently clean, we have convenient off-street parking and we do not require a two night stay on weekends. We are located right in the middle of downtown, so you can walk to all the shops and restaurants located in both downtown and uptown areas.
Continue to look for special offers on Trip Advisor for your next stay at the hotel!

I hope to hear from you again soon!

Marilou Sullivan, Mgr

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Spent another weekend (winter getaway) in PT. Again, we stayed at the Washington Hotel. We took other reviewers suggestions and rented the entire hotel and brought family along. Same clean, updated rooms, comfy beds. They've even updated the TVs to wall mounted flat screens (assuming you want to spend your time watching TV). The central location is great, you've got all of old downtown, and walking the steps, you have Uptown as well. Sad to see the Salal Café and The Undertown are out of business, but we enjoyed some time at the new Pourhouse. Overall, another great weekend. Thanks to Marilou for making sure our stay was comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 1 has 2 beds (separate bedrooms) and a view over the fountain. Room 2 has two beds (same room), and the same view. Room 3 is a studio with a queen bed. Room 4 is the biggest of the rooms. No view, but 2 beds (in separate rooms), plus a separate sitting area. We prefer the rooms with the view when traveling alone.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jim C
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Hello Again!

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the Washington Hotel.

Booking the entire hotel for your family this year was great for everyone. In visiting the hotel one day while your family was here, I had the impression everyone was enjoying their stay. I am always happy to have large groups stay at the hotel and I hope that this may become an annual event for you!

Yes, we updated the TV situation with mounted flat screens. It allowed us to remove those over sized worthless cabinets allowing a more open space and light in the rooms.

Your room tips are wonderful, but let's add that Room 2 with two queens now has a twin sofa sleeper in the sitting room to allow 5 guests. The same is true with Room 4, the sitting room has a twin day bed to allow for 5 guests.

Always good to hear that guests have found the location perfect to enjoy Port Townsend downtown district and the uptown district as well.

Thanks Again, Jim! I hope to have you stay again in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed here for the first time and had such a lovely experience - the location is great - central but slightly off the beaten path, quiet, clean, comfortable and well-furnished. The manager let us check-in a bit early with our baby as no one had the room the night before we arrived, which made our whole day easier - we could settle-in and let the baby move, and explore without the hassle of doing everything from the trunk of the car. We will come back! We felt very welcomed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your first experience of staying at the Washington Hotel, I am so pleased that I was able to accommodate your desire of having a earlier check in.

Being a mother of three daughters and having traveled when they were young, I know what it's like when you have to wait until 4pm to check in with babies. It is my high priority to have the rooms ready early for those traveling with babies and small children. Thank you for mentioning this in your comment for others to see.

It's always great to hear that people enjoy the location and comfort of the hotel and expect to
return again.

Enjoy that baby, and I hope to hear from you again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent two nights and enjoyed the experience fully. There are only four units in this hotel and that appealed to us. The rooms are nicely furnished (with extremely comfortable beds) somewhat in the style you find in European hotels. There is no lobby, and none is needed. With a code utilized for the front door that changes nightly, and a separate code for each room it is very secure. The location is perfection and we could walk to almost everything we wanted to see or do. Shopping and excellent restaurants are just a short stroll away. You can just park your car in the dedicated parking area in back and take the public transportation if you want to explore some of the area a bit more distance from the hotel.

Marilou makes you feel very welcome with her helpfulness and little touches like having soft classical music playing when you arrive in your room. It makes the guest feel a bit as if they were staying in the home of a friend.

If you are looking for a delightful place to stay that does not fit the normal mode of a hotel, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wenomer

Hello!

It was wonderful to meet you during your stay at the hotel and I am happy that my recommendations of restaurants were spot on!

Your comments concerning the location, comfort and having the feeling of being in a friends home rather than a hotel is exactly what I wanted to achieve.

I understand you are a frequent traveler and have visited many locations, your comment makes me feel very good about what I have been able to accomplish.

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and sharing your experience.

I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have stayed here a few times now and it is always great. Located in the middle of the downtown it is perfectly located. There is off-street parking (rare for a PT hotel), the hotel has been nicely updated, the service is great, and it is quiet and peaceful. We have stayed at just about every hotel in PT over the years and this one is by far the best for price, parking, and location.

Room Tip: They have a great two bedroom suite with a sleepable couch in the living room. We easily slept two couples and a single, which made the price incredibly low compared to if we had to rent three seperate rooms at another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Hello!

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!

I agree with your comment 100%, it is by far the best for price, parking and location in the heart of downtown Port Townsend.
We are constantly changing the looks of the rooms with carefully selected accents by the owner himself. We want to provide guests with the cleanest, most comfortable and modern rooms in the area.
The parking area has been improved with larger parking spaces. The Wifi has been upgraded to a faster modem.

Thank you again for choosing the Washington Hotel when visiting Port Townsend. I hope to hear from you soon!