“Wonderful getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Washington Hotel
Ranked #8 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 10, 2013

This was our first trip to Port Townsend and we are sorry that it has taken us so long to discover this great town! Our accommodations at the Washington Hotel was exactly what we wanted. Super clean and comfortable. Our room (#3) was spacious even the bathroom. I cannot think of anything it lacked and we are already planning a return trip later this year. Thanks Marylou for thinking of the small things which really add up and make your hotel stand out!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hello!

We are happy that you have found the Hotel and of course, always nice to hear that you enjoyed Port Townsend and want to return!

You posted such an awesome comment and it is truly appreciated. The rooms and bathrooms are very spacious and the owner loves to visit the hotel and add a few items with each of his visits.

I look forward to see you again at the hotel very soon. Be sure to tell all of your family and friends about our hotel!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed February 1, 2013

For sure The Washington is the best place that I've stayed in Port Townsend. The owner/host/manager has done outstanding work with the decor and the cleanliness is second to none. The workmanship of the work that they have done is of high-quality. I have now stayed at The Washington a few times and have made it my first choice when staying in Port Townsend. The beds are sooooo comfortable. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Clint L
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Hello!

Thank you for such a positive review of the hotel! I appreciate you returning once again to the hotel during your recent trip to Port Townsend. I was hoping to meet you in person this time to discuss how you liked some of the changes made to the rooms and hallway area.

I take pride in keeping the hotel clean and comfortable for all of the guests and appreciate you noting that in your review.

It's always a pleasure to have guests returning, you can be assured that the hotel will continue to be the Best Place to Stay in Port Townsend.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed the Washington Hotel for just one night and I wish it had been more. It is in a perfect location, right downtown above a bookstore and we didn't move the car the hotel time we were there. The hotel room was furnished beautifully and it was very quiet. I would go there again in a second.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Hello Wendy!

Thanks for recognizing one of the most favorable points of the hotel, Location! We have the greatest location in the heart of downtown, with private off street parking. We have a location that is easily walkable to all restaurants and shopping downtown and to the uptown district.

Having only four mini-suites to our boutique hotel, it is a very quiet atmosphere. Guests always remark how well they sleep because not only the comfortable beds and nice linens, but they slept undisturbed.

Thank you again for taking your time to post a review. I hope to have you return again in the near future!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Thanks to some friends who recommended The Washington Hotel, my friend and I had a great weekend in Port Townsend shopping and eating in some of the local restaurants. The hotel was spotlessly clean, beautiful and in a perfect location to walk around town. The room had a comfortable bed, nice linens and was decorated in contemporary style. I will definitely stay and this hotel again as it is a great value and a perfect location.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Deborah C
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Hello Deborah!

I want to Thank You for your wonderful review of the Hotel. Please tell your friend who recommended the hotel, Thank you also.

The Washington Hotel is gaining recognition more each year from the reviews and compliments of our guests. We always appreciate the reviews. There isn't a better way to publicize than to tell your friends and family of your enjoyment of staying at the hotel.

Thank you again and I would love to have you and your friends return.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We wanted to locate a hotel in Port Townsend that offered separate sleeping areas for two people . . .and which didn't break the bank. We found the charming Washington Hotel -- 4 rooms total. Thankfully it was not "Vintage." We each had our own double bed (in separate rooms) and there was a small sitting area (which included a day bed if needed). We had a fridge, coffeemaker, hair dryer (which we took some time to find). The bathroom was large with ample towels and there was a generous sized closet, as well as a flat screen TV. A stroll down the hall took us to a common area that had a Microwave, ice maker, sink, and some extra supplies. You're not going to cook a meal here, but it is great for warming food. We appreciated having real wine glasses, and opener, and ceramic mugs instead of the usual paper and plastic. We were across the street from a great restaurant - Alchemy - and just a few yards from Fountain Cafe and Silverwater Cafe (local favorites). It was a cozy, comfortable spot where we plan to stay next time we visit Port Townsend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Hello!

Thank you for choosing the Washington Hotel as your a getaway location here in Port Townsend.
It is always nice to receive comments from our visitors, this is how we learn if we are meeting the needs of people staying with us. I was happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning. Please tell you family and friends about our great hotel located in the middle of downtown, we would love to have them stay with us.
Happy 2013!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stayed in room #4, which has one bedroom with a queen bed and a door that closes, plus 2 other rooms which are open to each other. One of these has a queen bed, the other has a twin sized daybed and a couple of chairs, plus the shared bathroom. There was lots of room for our family of 4. The bathroom is modern and large. The suite is very clean, the beds very comfortable, and it does not smell musty at all. When you first come in the building door downstairs there is an "old building" smell; but it does not continue into upstairs or the rooms at all. Overall a nice, private place to stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Hello!
I want to Thank You for your wonderful review of the Hotel and appreciate you stating that it does not smell musty at all. I really try to keep it very clean and aired so that does not happen.

Yes, Room 4 provides a lot of space for a family of four with the sitting room providing the flexibility of not having to sit on the beds to visit.

I hope that I will hear from you again in the near future, have a great rest of the summer.

Take Care,

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We traveled from the East Coast to visit our son in Port Townsend in mid-July. Didn't know anything about the hotel stock in the community other than knowing that "branded" hotels were rare. We found the Washington Hotel to be a treasure. Well located, clean, comfortable and quiet. While it was unique for us to stay at a place without a front desk or on-site staff (except for cleaning staff mid-day), the Hotel quickly felt like it was our place. The manager, Marilou, was great to deal with in making reservations and a change in our travel schedule was cheerfully accomodated. We also found that the manager was very willing to deal on price with us since we were making an extended stay rather than staying for a single night. We have recommended the hotel to other family traveling to Port Townsend and will definitely stay there again on our next trip out. Steve E.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephen E
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Hello!

It was so wonderful to meet you and your lovely bride of 20+ years. It was my pleasure to make your visit with your son a success. I always try to fit the guests with the right room during their stays, especially extended stays and always happy to hear that it was perfect for you.

I truly appreciate your wonderful review of the Hotel, we try our best to have the place that people will return to again and again.

Keep me posted on your returning trip!

Take care, you two and I look forward to seeing you again.