The Washington Hotel
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
$102
Travelocity
$149
$145
Orbitz.com
Bishop Victorian Hotel(Port Townsend)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsice makerperfect locationsitting arealarge mirrorwatching tvcourtyard cafesmall fridgetwo queen bedswithin walking distancerose theatersecond floorno elevatorsuitedowntownbookssullivanstairs
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My girlfriend and I have stayed here twice now and really like its central location. Very convenient for walking, as many of the hotels in downtown P.T. are, but this place is one street off the main road and very quiet, even during the day.

The modern decor is very welcome for us as it seems like most hotels in P.T. have the old Victorian decorating which is, well, not our style. Rooms here are always kept very clean, are well maintained, and the management does a great job of constantly evolving the looks of the rooms whether it's changing out duvet covers, chairs, or the paint color.

Can't say enough good things about this place as it's just good value for money and really in a perfect spot of the city.

Room Tip: For a single couple stick with room #3 as this is the only one-bedroom, single-bed, room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

It was my pleasure to have you stay once again at the Hotel. You gave me such positive feedback after you toured the other three mini suites. I hope you do bring your family/friends back to the hotel as discussed.
I know that your visit here to Port Townsend was during the Taylor Street Construction, which was a concern for me for all of our guests, but yet you were able to post such a wonderful positive review,.
I truly appreciate your honesty in your post and welcomed your reviews of the different restaurants and venues that you chose during your visit.
Thank you both again and I know you will return again soon!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Great location, tucked away yet minutes from all the shops and events downtown. It has everything you need. The best part: no check in or out process you have your own access.
We are headed back for our 3rd visit this year. We love it!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AAEDB
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Hello! I was very happy to talk to you again and hear that you are returning to the Hotel! It is hard to express what it means to me to have people return time and again! It is so important for this business to have quests provide such wonderful comments! We truly appreciate our guests and I wish I could do more for you during your visit.
See you soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Washington Hotel just before Christmas. We have family who lives in Uptown in Port Townsend, who we visit at least twice a year. We've stayed at several other hotels in the area, yet had never found one we liked. (The Port Townsend Inn, for instance, felt like a prison cell and had the scratchiest towels and sheets EVER.) I am delighted we found the Washington Hotel!

The location is ideal: right around the corner from the Rose Theatre, and so close to shopping and our favorite restaurant in town (Khu Larb Thai).

With no lobby or front desk staff, the Washington Hotel feels like borrowing a friend's pied-a-terre instead of a hotel. It was awesome to come and go without feeling like a staff was checking on us.

The decor was appealing and fresh. The furniture looks like it's from Dania--well-chosen, contemporary pieces rather than a hodgepodge of Victorian or castoffs. The art on the walls was also visually appealing. Several reviewers had praised the towels and sheets, and the linens lived up to the reviews. Soft and fluffy towels, soft and high-quality linens.

We liked having a small refridgerator in our room, and on the flipside, I loved having a heat/fan/light on a timer in the bathroom--perfect for warming up after running.

We stayed in Room 4, which has a queen bed in a room with a door, a queen bed with a room somewhat open to the small living room, and a daybed in the living room. It was ideal for a family of 5 (3 young kids).

We will definitely stay at the Washington Hotel again. We are so pleased it's now an option in beloved Port Townsend!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sarah S
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Sarah, THANK YOU for such a detail, positive response! . I am excited to hear that you not only made this comment you were on twitter about it! I truly appreciate hearing that you will tell your family and friends about our hotel. We take great pride in providing a clean, boutique style hotel. Although we do not have a lobby everyone knows that I am just a phone call away and respond quicker than room service attendants in five star hotels to the needs of our guests. I welcome you to plan ahead and reserve your room for your next visit! Bring a group of family members or friends and you will receive a discount with multiple rooms reserved!
Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed at the Washington Hotel in April 2011. Booked two rooms (1 and 4) - two couples each. Hotel is in the heart of old town. Perfect location to be able to walk throughout old town and if you hit the stairs, uptown.
As opposed to the "historic" hotels, the price is reasonable, the place is clean, rooms are large.
We again stayed at the Washington Hotel in December 2011. This time, we went with two other couples and booked 3 rooms. With the fourth room empty, we had the hotel to ourselves. Great way to enjoy a weekend.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to explore Port Townsend.
Marilou will go out of her way to make sure you enjoy your stay!

Room Tip: Room 4 is larger, with asitting area, however room 1 has windows looking over the street and Haller fountain. We chose Room 1 the second time to keep an eye on the action.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim C
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Jim it was a pleasure to have you return to the hotel and bring your friends! Yes, Room 4 is much larger. Room 1 is located and looks out to Washington Street and you can certainly see the activity over at Haller Fountain. Booking the hotel with a group of friends for the weekend, certainly provides a great central location to walk to all of the shops, restaurants and to the Farmer's Market uptown. I hope to have you visit again in 2012 and many years to come. Thank you for your wonderful comment.
Happy New Year!

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Stayed here for two nights over the Thanksgiving weekend. There are only four rooms in this second story renovated hotel. You must be able to manage a flight of stairs with your luggage; did not see an elevator. No staff on site but the manager is only a phone call away. She was very approachable and helpful. Room was comfortable and slightly larger than the typical hotel room. Bathroom had an industrial feel but was clean and good sized. Keyless entry to both the hotel and room. Fridge in room. Minikitchen with microwave down the hall. A short walk to all main attractions - galleries, bookstores, restaurants, clothing stores; as well as uptown attractions like a crafts fair and farmers market. WiFi - Secured - is available. Quiet since it's a block off the main drag and Port Townsend is, after all, a small town...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
accommodations, Manager at The Washington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you for your comment. It was my pleasure meeting you during your visit. Everyone experiencing the self-check in procedure that we have in place truly appreciates the convenience. I look forward to having you return again, perhaps during the summer festivals. Happy Holidays! Marilou