“A touch of elegance!!”

The Grey House Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Auburn, California
“A touch of elegance!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I have waited a long time to visit this tea house. I am from California and went to a tea house that charged $35 which included the tip. The Victorian rose teahouse gave me a much nicer "High Tea" at a very reasonable price. The food was served on a tiered dish . The true style of the formal English tea. Every thing was delicious and there were very generous portions. We took the top layer home. Those were the delicious sweets. If you are in Port Orchard, the tea room is a must for tea The gift shop was exquisite. Debbie Macomber, on the New York's Best Selling list, was one of the featured items in the gift shop. Debbie's daughter owns the tea shop. There was a mini-library of Debbie's books for sale. You will enjoy the holidays at this tea house and gift shop.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank GrammyJ43

The Great Northwest
“Just okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had lunch at the Tea Room, where I ordered the soup & salad special which came with dessert. The soup of the day was split pea, and it was nothing special. The salad was pretty much just iceberg lettuce. I chose the bread pudding for dessert and it was rubbery warm pink bread with about 3 inches of faux whipping cream on top. Perhaps I just chose wrong, because my friend had the berry-apple-rhubarb pie and said it was the best pie she'd ever had, period! The ambience was very nice - airy and pretty and feminine. During better weather, the outdoor seating would have been delightful. I wish I'd had time to check out the little gift shop - looked like they had some great stuff in there!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank gottaluvlabs
Port Orchard, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad, but not special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have had lunch there once, and that experience did not encourage us to return. The food was satisfactory, leaning towards good without being great. The service was not the best, but rather entertaining in its own way. It seems you can order any salad dressing you want, but you get whatever the server feels like bringing. We also got to hear the staff complain to each other as they chatted in the dining area. I wouldn't refuse to eat here again if invited by somebody, but I will not make a point of going there.

• Visited May 2013
Washington
“Slow, slow, slow”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

On a day when the restaurant was not even full for lunch, one hour after ordering the food finally came. While it was not terrible food, it certainly was not worth a one hour wait. There was no explanation for the delay; the server checked in once to let us know it would be "just a minute" - 20 minutes later, still no food. To be fair, our sodas were comped to make up for the excessive amount of time we waited to eat, but it was still an overall disappointing experience.

• Visited August 2013
Port Orchard
“Never too old for a tea party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you like tea, you'll LOVE this place. I have been taking my grandaughters here since they were 2 years old for their B-Day party's. They are 20 yrs. now. We still go for high teas on holidays and other special occasions. You don't need a reason to go there, it's just a special feeling the minute you walk in the door-unexplainable. Sooo pretty , very inviting and wonderful food. The staff is great and they have lots of unusual gifts you don't see any where else. It's like your a kid again and in you'r own play house for a tea party- You gotta go!! It's a 10 on my list!!

• Visited June 2013