“Not bad, but not special”

The Grey House Cafe
Ranked #8 of 120 Restaurants in Port Orchard
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We have had lunch there once, and that experience did not encourage us to return. The food was satisfactory, leaning towards good without being great. The service was not the best, but rather entertaining in its own way. It seems you can order any salad dressing you want, but you get whatever the server feels like bringing. We also got to hear the staff complain to each other as they chatted in the dining area. I wouldn't refuse to eat here again if invited by somebody, but I will not make a point of going there.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

On a day when the restaurant was not even full for lunch, one hour after ordering the food finally came. While it was not terrible food, it certainly was not worth a one hour wait. There was no explanation for the delay; the server checked in once to let us know it would be "just a minute" - 20 minutes later, still no food. To be fair, our sodas were comped to make up for the excessive amount of time we waited to eat, but it was still an overall disappointing experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you like tea, you'll LOVE this place. I have been taking my grandaughters here since they were 2 years old for their B-Day party's. They are 20 yrs. now. We still go for high teas on holidays and other special occasions. You don't need a reason to go there, it's just a special feeling the minute you walk in the door-unexplainable. Sooo pretty , very inviting and wonderful food. The staff is great and they have lots of unusual gifts you don't see any where else. It's like your a kid again and in you'r own play house for a tea party- You gotta go!! It's a 10 on my list!!

3  Thank Tomi p
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to take my friends for their birthday lunches. The menu is superb and I love the coconut vanilla white tea! The staff are very friendly and warm. The food is just right - I especially like the chicken pasta salad. Yum! It's been a couple of years since a group of us went for the tea with the all the goodies. It was delicious and the only reason we stopped was several in the group were diabetic and couldn't enjoy it all, so we go for lunch and everyone is happy. The attached Springhouse Gift Shop is a joy and we always have to visit A Good Yarn across the parking lot. Just recently the gift shop has opened a clearance shop that is not to be missed. It, too, is across the parking lot and not open every day and with limited hours.

3  Thank Fletcher445
Reviewed April 18, 2013

My husband and I went here for lunch and had a great meal. The decorum is very girlie but my husband was ok with it. I had the half turkey sandwhich soup and piece of pie. I thought all of them were very good. My husband had the Asian chicken salad and he said he also enjoyed it. I would skip the soft drinks. We were charged $3 each adding six dollars to the bill. Overall we will stop here again!

2  Thank stitcher1951