“Outstanding cakes”

Nostalgia House Bakery and Deli
Ranked #2 of 2 Bakeries in Port Orchard
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I haven't tried their breakfast or lunch menu but I do have to say it looked and smelled wonderful. we did order my daughters birthday cake from there.. it was fabulous!! fresh ingredients , moist and the price was very reasonable . I thought for sure it would be double the price I paid. Oh and I wanted to add the breads and donuts looked wonderful too

1  Thank dc2wife

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Got a coupon so decided to try this place. Sooo glad we did!

I ordered the kielbasa sandwich a my other half the hamburger. Everything is a la carte so you just pick whatever you decide you want to add.

The hamburger was not your typical fast food thin little grease slab. This was a home style hand formed monster that was seasoned nicely and done right! It was on a bun they baked that day and was great! My kielbasa sandwich was on a roll that was fresh baked and had a LOT of meat and thick slices of the cheese of my choice (real cheese ... not those imitation cheese like food products you get at most other places. since it was late in the day, they had run out of peppers to grill so gave me extra on the grilled onions ... YUM!

This place also has a bakery in it so there were a couple of dozen beautiful donuts sitting there staring us in the face as we ate our lunch and we just couldn't resist. We each had one for dessert and they were excellent. Better Half got a blue berry fritter and I got a lemon filled bismark. they make their own lemon cream so that made this fresh little hunk of heaven even more ... well ... heavenly!

This place opens early ... 6AM and closes fairly early too ... 3:30 in the afternoon. BUT, they serve breakfast all day for those that want it.

We brought apple fritters with us for at home. When we talked with one of the owners, she said that we cold get custom donuts made up and set aside for us as long as we ordered ahead far enough. Can't beat service like that!!

All the time we were there, friends and relatives kept coming in so it was like going to someone's home for a meal.

Fancy? No . Good date place? Probably not. Place to get good food at reasonable prices? ABSOLUTELY!

We will definitely be regulars!

1  Thank Olfar