“Terrible tortilla soup”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this restaurant and we eat here often. This is the first time we have ordered the tortilla soup. Yuck! It is the worst tortilla soup I have ever had. It's in a chicken broth! Not the traditional red or orange broth. It is really bad. If you like tortilla soup, don't order it here.
Otherwise, all the menu items are good.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

El Sombrero is a great place to eat. They moved into their new place earlier this year. The ambiance is great. The food is good and the service is very good. The value is good as well. I highly recommend the Sabano de Pollo and the Tortilla soup.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

It's the best Mexican restaurant in Port Orchard. They serve your food very fast, almost scary how fast it comes. When you have put the last bite in your mouth they give you the bill. It's a little rude especially for those of us who go to Mexico. It's very rushed service. Then again, it's a good place for lunch because they get you in and out.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I've eaten here several times, but this time is the last time. The food is OK - nothing special. I ordered a meal that was listed on the menu at $10.99 and imagine my surprise when the bill charged me $11.99. When I went to the front desk to show the error, the girl there said "Oh, it must be the computer that made a mistake". Really? You mean to tell me that you've been overcharging for this meal all along and nobody ever noticed it? I will not support a business that is so obviously dishonest.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Clean and very nicely decorated establishment. Recommended as the best Mexican restaurant in the Puget Sound magazine so we decided to check it out. Great service and fried ice cream as well as carnitas and fajitas.