“Great brewpub, Around the corner toward the inlet's shore.”

Slaughter County Brewing Company
Ranked #75 of 117 Restaurants in Port Orchard
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
“Great brewpub, Around the corner toward the inlet's shore.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

They have about a dozen local brews, the menu is not extensive but creative and enticing. And the service is timely as delivered by the always cheerful Brandy. Yes, "She's a fine girl". Try the Cuban sandwich. Not traditional but wonderful flavors.And a little heat. Live music, trivia and a mix of interesting entrees makes this place a good stop Good people.

• Visited July 2013

Port Orchard, Washington, United States
“Great Brew Pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have gone to SCBP several times and have enjoyed each visit. Great list of beers from local breweries, nice rotating list of brews. The food is good, reasonable priced. The view of the inlet is great, last trip got to watch two bald eagles play on the salt flats. Friendly service and they are very knowledeable about the beers and will give sample tastes.

Port Orchard, WA
“Great local pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

Came here for first time last night (3/12/13), and I was pleasantly surprised at how great the place is. I heard from a couple of friends that the service is very slow, so I wasn’t expecting too much. However, I got my beer pretty quickly and the food arrived in a timely fashion. I even came on Trivia night (which they do every Tuesday I think) and didn’t experience any slow service. The menu is small, but everything I tried was very good. I got the Italian Grinder, which had a few different meats on a nice crunchy roll. Boy was it tasty! My friend got the Ruben, which she loved and my other friend got the cream of asparagus soup, which was very good as well. Everyone else was raving about the Tai Curry Soup. They don’t have very many beers on tap (only a handful), but the two I sampled were good. In short, if you want good food, a good environment, nice service and a cold beer, stop by this place. You won’t be disappointed.

Bremerton, WA
“Limited Menu, But Great Food, Good Beers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Met a buddy for lunch here. Both of us were first time customers. Ordered a black & tan (stout and light ale). Waiter/bartender said he'd only been tending bar for about six months, but he'd do his best to pour it correctly. He did a fine job of separating them in my glass, but he poured them in reverse...with the stout on the bottom instead of on the top. I just didn't have the heart to break the bad news. And as my mom always said..."it all goes to the same place".

I ordered their Port Orchard Cheese Steak for $10.00 (came with chips) and a cup of soup for $2.00 more. I asked for cheddar broccoli soup, but the server brought me Thai chicken instead. I informed him of that, but kept it because it tasted damn good! Very spicy with big chunks of chicken and a coconut milk base...loaded with flavor. In the end he didn't charge me for it (perhaps because it was his mistake). The cheese steak was juicy and sloppy (you'll need a couple of napkins), but it was dee-licious. Having been raised in the Philly area, this is NOT the same kind of steak sandwich. This one is more of a very tender and juicy smoked pot roast sandwich with lots of gooey melted Provolone cheese and sauteed peppers (unfortunately no onions). The beef melts in your mouth and even the roll was sopping with juice. Seriously yummy! I was one full old guy when I left. They only have about three of their own beers on tap, but also have a wide selection of other microbrews. The pub is right by the water looking across to Bremerton, so you've got a pleasant view. And it appears that they have live jazz every Friday night with Mark Lewis who's very good and used to play at a little Mexican restaurant (El Corral) in downtown Bremerton before the place closed. I'll definitely go back.