“Intimate & Friendly!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Port Orchard, Washington
“Intimate & Friendly!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went back to Bay Street Bistro recently for the second time. We love the intimate feel of this restaurant. Our server was great! She made wonderful recommendations and you could tell she really liked the food she suggested and wasn't just giving us lip service. You are always treated to a small aperitif. We got steamed clams for an appetizer, a bottle of the daily special wine (REALLY good), an appetizer each (Steak and Clam Pasta) and shared a dessert. The grilled veggies were cooked just right. The chef/owner came around to each table and talked to the guests and answered questions about how things were cooked. They weren't very busy, but steady. The only things we DON'T love are that kids aren't allowed and the prices are a little steep, especially for this town.

Seattle, Washington
“Our forth time there, disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We went on Sunday, none of us wanted the special Sunday meal. i wanted spicy clams, don't have them, OK scallops, no don't have them, how about the clam marinara spaghetti, no don't have it. I ended up with Arctic Char, very good, Elf Food, small portion for $20.00 My daughter had rib Eye steak that was sent back to recook, she wanted medium, it came back medium to medium rare, she settled on it not to be a bother, There was a great deal of fat on the steak and after cutting most of it off was a small piece of meat for $28.00. My wife had skewered Prawns and loved them, delicious. Son in law had the smoked pork chop, he said it was very good , however he will eat anything in front of him in 2 minutes. The vegetables were good, broccoli, potatoes and carrots, a sauce would have been nice, the carrots were a bit underdone as were the potatoes. Desserts were good, 2 people had the caramel cream something-like a flan, and didn't care for it. I had cheese cake and it was good.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 1tracman
Port Orchard, Washington
“Every once in a while”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Our first few times here were delightful and I encourage you to experience Sunday Supper with friends and to order off the menu as well. The grilled vegetables, carrots and broccoli (occasionally accompanied by boiled potatoes), are delicious especially the first several times. However, it is always carrots and broccoli! These are served family style which is nice. Entrees such as beef burgundy, spaghetti with clams, and scallop skewers are usually delicious (salad/soup sold separately). I was told the entree pork chop is quite good; however, the thick chop was cooked waaaayyy too much when I had it and I was told to take my vegetables from the Sunday Supper platters. It seemed as if they just "forgot" to add veggies to my dinner plate. Sunday suppers are now about $26. Go for the fun of it and enjoy a delightful evening with friends. But for $26 you could have a nice steak dinner(including soup or salad) someplace else. (check website for open times, menu, and Sunday Supper offerings)

1 Thank Beenthere1842
Washington State
“Intimate dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great service. We went for Sunday dinner, which is a prix fix menu that changes weekly. It's a great bargain, though if you don't like the selections on the night you go, you can also order from the menu.

Visited January 2013
The Villages, Florida
“great food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I arranged for a small wedding reception at this restaurant. We had been there before and loved it. The owner handled all the details and we were seated upstairs. Dinner started with a complimentary aperativ. We ordered the special house appetizer which is called a blue cheese cake. Wow is all I can say. All of us had different main dishes and they were all great. I had the special which was steelhead fish topped with melted brie. My husband had the smoked pork chops and another member of the party had the scallops. We special ordered the chocolate truffle for dessert. It was made by Carter's, a local choclatier and was rich and delicious. The decor is kind of antiques and exposed brick walls and the dishes are all different. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited December 2012