“Delightful stay”

The Resort at Port Ludlow
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Port Ludlow
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We took advantage of a recent ad for this resort and were extremely pleased in all aspects. The room was beautifully appointed, the meals were superb, and the view was wonderful. To add to this, the staff was extremely courteous and friendly. We found it great value for what we received and highly recommend the Resort at Port Ludlow. For sure, we will return.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies facing the west have a great view of marina and mountains.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I wish I could move in to spend the rest of my life at this wonderful inn!!!!!!
Beds are great! Spa in room is heavenly to relax in.
I was so relaxed; food was fantastic; service was incredible; Port Ludlow is beautiful; can't wait to return!
A great base to travel in different directions.

Room Tip: All rooms have a great view!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We made a reservation 30 days ahead for a certain type of room for our aniversary. When we checked in this type of room was not available for some reason. We went and played golf and when we got back, the staff had done some magic and we had been moved to the original room type we reserved. As a bonus, a nice bottle of wine was waiting for us in the room with a nice card. What a great recovery!! We had dinner in the dinning room, steamer clams were amazing, and the beef tenderloin was beyond perfection. Jeff, our waiter gave us the very best service we have had in a dining room for a very long time and we had a wonderful evening. Great room, great golf, great food and an amazing week-end. What more can you ask for? We will be coming back again for sure and I hope we can come sooner then later.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. If you want a sunset view get room 206, or any of the second floor rooms fa...
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My room was beautiful! The bed was so comfortable I immediately fell asleep - for the two days I stayed at the Resort at Port Ludlow, I slept more soundly than I have in weeks. I had a beautiful view of the water from two sides of my room. My room was very nicely appointed with internet, plenty of light - both natural and task where needed - a fireplace, fluffy bathrobes, luxury notions, lotions, potions, and a Keurig coffee-maker with a nice selection of teas, coffees, mochas, re-stocked daily. Real half and half creamer was in the room fridge, which was an added plus. The bath salts, loofah & jetted tub were a wonderful treat, and I enjoyed them very much! There was also a separate shower enclosure from the tub with a massive shower head that had great water pressure (in my book, a BIG plus!)

The dinner experience alone made this a destination spot for me, I would drive to dine here again even if I weren't staying at the Resort. The food was cooked perfectly, presented beautifully, and the service was outstanding.

I am a runner, and I asked the front desk about potential running trails and paths. I was shown the amazing network of trails in and around Port Ludlow and enjoyed daily runs to a lovely waterfall on trails up and down the waterfront.

The resort is right on the water, the views from my room was incredible, showing off the natural beauty of the Olympic Peninsula.

I loved every single aspect of my stay and look forward to a repeat visit when I can stay LONGER!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel room was very quiet, comfortable and clean. The handmade local soap and bath salts are wonderful. The restaurant food was superb, easily surpassing any Portland, Oregon restaurant (which is known for its restaurants). It is super to know that we're eating local food, healthy food and so delicious. The golf course is super, well groomed, and the greens were unabelievable. A perfect location to celebrate a wedding anniversary. It was well worth the trip from Portland, OR.

Room Tip: Room that faces the marina and Olympics
Reviewed September 12, 2012

The first night the bed had old sheets on the bed from the previous guests, and we bumped the glass of red wine on the table next to the bed and they had to replace all the bedding the next day and then the bed was fine, except the King bed is made up by pushing two twin beds together and one of us was always on the hump.
Someone ordered fish for dinner and we were in the bar and could smell it coming in the whole down stairs bar, restaurant, lobby. So we didn't have and food the two nights we stayed, we drove 30 miles to get food.

1  Thank cindy570
resortatportludlow, General Manager at The Resort at Port Ludlow, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with this visit and appreciate your commentary. Should you desire further review, please contact the General Manager directly. Thank you.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I booked a one night stay at the Resort at Port Ludlow as part of our Olympic Peninsula vacation. We were pleasantly surprised at the setting and scenic beauty surrounding the inn because the photo on the website does not show the beautiful marina beside the Inn or the majestic Olympic mountain view. The restaurant was excellent and so was the service. We were pleased with our spacious King corner room. It was more like a suite - with extra seating, lots of windows, jacuzzi tub and spa bath amenities. The decor is very nautical - rather manly Stickley furniture which pleased my husband. I enjoyed the peace and quiet. We will definitely return to Port Ludlow. We also enjoyed a special package rate - amazing value. I think the Inn is pet friendly - would rather it were not.

Room Tip: I wish there had been a pool/fitness center. The Inn should make an effort to secure use of the con...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Ludlow
#3 of 11 in Port Townsend
Old Alcohol Plant Hotel
Old Alcohol Plant Hotel
#2 of 2 in Port Hadlock

Been to The Resort at Port Ludlow? Share your experiences!