“Experience the Spice of Pomeroy Life!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pomeroy
Maggie's Garden Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Pomeroy B&B and Inns
Yakima, Washington
“Experience the Spice of Pomeroy Life!”
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I brought my wife to Pomeroy for her 70th birthday on a family ancestry search for relatives on her grandmother's side dating back to the 1890's. Maggie's Garden B and B was the perfect spot for us. Not only were we thoroughly pampered by our hostess, Leann, we were the happy beneficiaries of the many interesting books in the library, the richly informative conversations in the dining room and a quiet, comfortable night's rest topped off by a delicious breakfast. This was not just lodging for the night, it was a rewarding immersion into Pomeroy life, the very thing we came to experience. We loved our trip to Pomeroy, and Maggie's Garden was what set the tone for our stay there. My wife wants me to take her back. I will, gladly!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EdwardRWilkinson

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Comfy, cozy, the garden is the best. Nice breakfast. So much better than staying in a chain type hotel. The owner is very personable. I drive to Idaho several times a year and I will use Maggie's Garden Bed & Breakfast on my next trip. I am retired and don't have the need to drive from Portland to Idaho in one day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon D
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a fabulous stay at this quaint, cozy lovely home. The Beds were a thing of wonder. Leanne who is the owner was very accommodating and served us a wonderful fresh breakfast of fruit, yoghurt and pastries, on china, in a beautiful dining room. The garden was just lovely and we enjoyed walking to downtown Pomeroy looking for antiques. Leanne was so helpful instructing us where to look for antiques in Lewiston and where to dine. We had the most wonderful girls weekend and Leanne just became one of the girls before the weekend was over. We all plan to meet there next year and go wine tasting! Leanne offered to cook for us if we wished. I cant wait!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Julie B
Waimea, Hawaii
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Loved sitting in the garden and listening to the beautiful sound of the water feature which the owner, Leann, built herself. This was the perfect getaway for me to come and reflect after a death in my family. Leann was very gracious; I felt welcomed and pampered. The bed was extremely comfortable which made me want to crawl back in and linger. I was here in early spring, but would love to return in summer to view Maggie's Garden in full bloom. The owner definitely has a green thumb and a knack for creating great seating space.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank 836DeborahD
Glenville, CT
Reviewed October 20, 2012

There is a roof over your head, and a clean set of sheets. So far so good. The place is on the outskirts of little Pomeroy, so you need a car or bike to get to dinner. So be it. But there is a pervading atmosphere that you are not a guest, or even a paying visitor, but an inconvenience to the proprietor: we used the washing machine that was in the basement suite...and were told she normally charges $25; a pretty good, basic breakfast was served...outside (50 degrees). We felt shoo'ed out of the house and back on the road the next morning so she could get to work... All for three rooms in Pomeroy at $250?????

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Dan M
Leann C, Owner at Maggie's Garden Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you. I appreciate the compliment regarding the cleanliness of my bed & breakfast and that you chose to stay at Maggie's Garden, I pride myself on making guests feel comfortable and welcome in my home. It would never be my intention that a guest would feel as though they were an inconvenience. My guests are always welcome to eat inside or out, what ever they choose.

I recall your visit and that you were upset that I asked you to remove your bikes from the shared living area. I know how important bicycles are to cyclists and provide an area for bikes to be locked up outside undercover. There was also some disparity regarding the laundry. In your orientation I kindly informed you that it was for private use. I did not charge you $25.00. The $250.00 I did charge was for all three rooms, breakfast, and tax.

Pomeroy is a charming, small, rural community on the Lewis & Clark trail. Many people travel here and find Maggie's Garden an oasis. I hope that you will consider staying another time and allow me to make it up to you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomeroy
Best Western Plus Dayton Hotel & Suites
The Weinhard Hotel
The Weinhard Hotel
#1 of 4 in Dayton
Dayton Motel
Dayton Motel
#3 of 4 in Dayton

Been to Maggie's Garden Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!