“strange experience”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

as many say, generally good food & service etc., with some gaps. there were service errors and they put a couple with two dogs (?) next to us so we moved. you have to make allowances tho, it's hard to maintain a business at the Point due to its seasonal nature. just a warning to canadians that they charge 11% on canadian cash which is a blatant rip. we complained but the manager just shrugged. just make sure you have enough US cash to cover your meal. there's a cash machine at the market place. we have found South Beach (summer only) and Brewsters to be awesome.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

They try very hard here...just don't find service and food consistent. A good variety on menu. Friendly staff. Tall tables very awkward to sit at. Live music nights a nice addition.

1  Thank Janice W
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This place seems to have a lot going for it, location and view and layout and I try to write positive about an aspect of everything. My wife and I visited on a Sunday evening when it was about 40% full. We ordered Muscles in Curry Sauce with Focaccia Bread and Wild Alaska Salmon Burger. The burger was tasteless and I'm sure was frozen from a huge bulk pack, and almost definitely not wild. It came with fries in an Ikea Dokument pen holder basket. These were quite good. The muscles had the texture of spam and 30% were served unopened (inedible). The bread that came with the Muscles was two sticks with the total size of about six croutons, not near enough to soak up the sauce (which was OK but not better than stuff canned at the grocery store).

The service was odd with nothing glaringly negative. Though we did have 3 people serve us and they seemed like it was too busy to keep up (at a rough 40% capacity). We did mention our muscles to the main server. He checked with his manager and said they would remove them from the bill. I was quite happy and didn't expect this; however before bringing the bill out he came back and corrected saying we would get a 50% discount. I was bummed but didn't care anymore as only 30% of the muscles were indelible and I wanted to leave.

All of this would have been possible if they had changed one of the following three things: Quantity increased to match price, Quality increased to match price, or far lower price altogether. The overall poor experience reflects unmet expectations. Go with lower expectations and you might be satisfied. Also of note. This is the first time I have not tipped and usually I am generous 30-35% in that area.

3  Thank iwonttell
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We eat often at the Pier and have always enjoyed the service, food and view. Pizzas are a specialty and never disappoint, complementing the pizzas is a varied main menu that should appeal to all tastes. The restaurant is seasonal so check to make sure it is open, especially in the winter months.

1  Thank paulowlcourt
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Friendly and great service and real tasty food. The waitress was wonderful.
I did not like the mushroom sauce on the halibut. However their fish and chips and crab cakes were great. Nice atmosphere and is my fave place to eat on the point.

2  Thank Canadiatravelgoddess