“Barely better than an Extended Stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites

Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Seattle, Washington
“Barely better than an Extended Stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Courtyard by Marriott is where we usually stay but we thought we would try this place because of the location in relation to a friend we are visiting. We reserved the "Executive Suite". Upon entering it was obvious nothing was different from the regular rooms except a large desk takes the place of the couch. We turned on the TV and the remote control was not working properly so we have to get up to change channels etc.. The air conditioner is about a foot from the side of the bed so I'm freezing and my wife on the other side is ok. I can't hear the TV due to the noise from the A/C. Lesson learned - The Courtyard by Marriott is newer, cleaner, standard rooms are way nicer and much more comfortable then this place, has a view of the river, and is within a couple dollars in price. I still have one more night left in this place knowing I made a bad decision this time...

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank RAGS702
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear RAGS702,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the layout of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Ok, well I stayed here cause our company was having a meeting here so I was at the mercy of the meeting location... I must say Holiday inn's are sometimes hit or miss and this one didn't disappoint me.. Staff was friendly, place was clean, my room was clean, they even went out their way and got me a shuttle to the airport before the shuttle run time.. My room was a queen suite and it was clean no funny odors and had a fridge and microwave in it. The beds were comfy and clean also, I fought with the pillows a bit to get a good night sleep but it must have been me. The breakfast was free and FYI the coffee is at the end of the breakfast line. They offer free fresh baked cookies in the afternoon and they are delicious! I don't think I'll be back in pasco unless for work but I will stay here again.. It's clean and quite.. Restaurants are all about 1/4-1/2 mile away but I'm sure the hotel shuttle will hook you up as they did my co-workers. If your in pasco, give it a try.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jose G
HIEPasco_Mgt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hi Jose G!

I am glad that you had a great experience at our hotel while in town! We work our hardest to make all of our guests feel special and I am glad we were able to do that for you! Our shuttle does have hours and limitations but we always try to accommodate everyone's schedule and need. As for the pillows next time you stay at a Holiday Inn Express and can't get comfortable call the front desk we all have different pillows and we can find you ones that will work! Hope to see you again soon!
Washougal, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel has spacious suites with a good work space. and a good location near a Fresh Market and restaurants. There is a free shuttle service to nearby locations and the airport. The gym is very good for a hotel gym, with modern, upper level equipment and free weights. Breakfast is your standard Holiday Inn Express Breakfast, but at least the eggs actually tasted like eggs, and there is fruit in the lobby during the day. The staff is efficient and friendly. The only negative is the thinness of the walls of the rooms leading to noise from the hallways and adjacent rooms being heard in one's room. Nonetheless I give it 5 stars because the hotel is definitely a cut above most hotels in the same chain. Yes, it is used by sports teams as are many suite hotels - the hotel is next door to a sports arena - but you can't blame the hotel for their improper behavior.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank txcrusr
HIEPasco_Mgt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello txcrusr,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. My Staff works extremely hard to make sure every guest enjoys their stay and your words show that the hard work pays off. Thank you for understanding about the sports teams, extra work goes into ensuring we get the very best teams in that understand and abide by our hotel rules.

Thank you!
Seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

A very nice location. Clean, organized, friendly staff and a good location right off the highway. I stayed at a Marriott property while here on business but the meeting was located at this hotel and suite location. I would recommend for any medium sized meeting.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank BothellEnglandLover
Hello BothellEnglandLover,

Thank you for hosting your meeting here, it was a pleasure making sure everything went great for you while you were here. Next time you are in town give the hotel a try and we will amaze you again!

Thanks!
Paradise Valley, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed there on April 11 and 12. This hotel caters to youth sports teams. During our stay the place was overrun with young girls (8-14) that did not have adequate supervision. They ran up and down the halls, yelling and pounding on each other's doors. They rode the elevators as a source of entertainment and would not get off so that we could go to our room. They were laying on the floor of the elevator eating and ignoring guests. The hotel management could only shrug their shoulders but did nothing to help our situation. The breakfast room was also overrun by the same youth in the morning. A word of advice - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. IT IS A DISASTER!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask if they have sports teams staying there. If so, look elsewhere.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank R Sam C
HIEPasco_Mgt, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Hello R Sam C,

As we discussed on the phone before you wrote this review, this was a very busy weekend in the Tri-Cities due to the NSA Ice Breaker Softball Tournament which brought in 183 girls softball teams ranging in age from 9 years old to 18 years old. We do not just cater to youth sports teams, we cater to and treat all of our guests the same no matter what brings them to town. As we discussed, we do have policies and procedures in place when we do have sports teams in and they were followed that weekend. If there is an issue during your stay the only way for us to know is by you bringing it to our attention. It takes a lot to ensure everything runs smoothly during these times and we have been very successful with how we do it. We go above and beyond to ensure we do not run out of food during breakfast and even keep it open an hour longer then normal to make sure we accommodate everyone. I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay and you are always welcome here anytime you are in there area.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The staff at check in and check out were very courteous and helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable. I had a king suite. Good workspace and a place to lounge.

Breakfast was fairly standard for holiday inn express.

Location is easy and there are a lot if shopping and dining options nearby.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Dan C
HIEPasco_Mgt, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello TheGapper,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to meet all of your needs and look forward to taking care of you on our future stays as well.
Walla Walla, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I debated whether to write this review at all. The staff themselves was great, they were preparing for their Christmas party but were all in very good spirits. They accommodated my early check in, and were nothing but professional.

So why the rating? Well, I was in town for business but I also had my GF celebrating a special occasion. I decided to splurge for the executive suite. The amenities were sparse; the separate seating area was actually one Chair that appeared to be from the 70s. To sit together with my GF, we actually had to drag out the chair from the working area to just sit together. The decor was very dated, the TV was very small and the “Bedroom area” was downright claustrophobic. Had I encountered these things in a standard room, I would have not wrote this review. But the fact that for the same price, I was able to get a 700+ square foot suite in the same town, it was downright false advertising.

So in closing, stay at this hotel if you must, the staff are great. But get the cheapest room possible as I had their best, and it was scarcely worth it.

Room Tip: Try another hotel, but if you do have to book here then don't get the suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Josh H
HIEPasco_Mgt, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello Josh H,

We greatly appreciate you sending us your feedback about your recent visit with us! While we are happy that our staff were able to make a good impression with you...we wish we would could have provided a better experience for you with our rooms as well. The particular room you reserved is more for our business traveler who may be needing the extra desk space. We generally would suggest one of our standard king rooms to better fit you as it offers a king bed along with a couch that would be more comfortable for two people. In the future please don't hesitate to request one of those with our staff and we'd be happy to accommodate you. We hope you can come stay with us again in the future so we can really make your stay special!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities
Red Lion Hotel Pasco
Red Lion Hotel Pasco
#6 of 11 in Pasco

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!