“held over a barrel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
redmond WA
“held over a barrel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

Booked via Expedia but contacted hotel to insure we had non-smoking room. When we arrived we were given a smoking room and informed that booking through any site other than directly with Red Lion meant that they did not have to give us our requested room. We were there for baseball tournament and both my kids have asthma. Andy, the front desk manager said the hotel was sold out but then suddenly found one room available for additional 75 a night. We had no choice but to take it. I know the rules but this is the first time I experienced having a hotel tell me not to use expedia and that they only have to provide "a room" and nothing else. I have stayed a quite a few Red Lions and booked via expedia -- however, this will be the last time.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank clmorris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Washington State
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2008

We stayed here two nights on business. They put us in the furthest room in the 2nd wing. long walk to anything in the main hotel. check in desk staff are stiff and not friendly.

The rooms were nice, linens were okay, but the comforter was stained and had some hairs on it. I threw it on the floor.

The rest of the room was clean, but the shower knob was broken off and I had to use a washcloth as a glove to be able to put the shower on. Water pressure was very low and fluctuated a lot between hot and cold.

Good soaps and shampoo items were provided. My room did not have a microwave or mini fridge as advertised. Since I had leftovers, this was a problem. I had to hike down to my friend's room to warm my food and store it. When I called the front desk, they said only "premium" rooms had those items. (even though the room's wardrobe had places for these items). So I told them the website shows these items in their rooms and my neighbor who had the same room I did, had those items in her wardrobe. They then confessed they were in the "process of putting them in the rooms". the rate was not adjusted for not having these items in the room as advertised.

There is nothing included at this hotel. You have to go to the restaurant for coffee. (2.50 for a cup of really bad coffee, that had obviously been sitting out a long time and I had to ask for cream). Service was not good, I waited a long time in the early morning at the restaurant and finally left without being served. You can buy the water in the room, but it is 2.00 a bottle.

now the good: the lounge has an amazing happy hour, from 3-6, half off appetizers and a few drink specials. I had the scallops, regular 7.00 for 3.50. wow. fantastic. incredible cream sauce, with mushrooms and shallots, and 8 very large scallops. It came with two large pieces of bread to dip in the sauce. very very good. I could actually make a meal out of the one appetizer. if the food at the restaurant is this good, it might be worth the wait. They use a cheap white pino gris however, Covey Run. Surely they could get a better wine for the per glass price? it took a long time to get the check, though.

one last point: when we checked in, there were dirty room service dishes in the halls. they were still there 3 days later when we checked out. yuck

I probably would not stay here again. front desk had a huge problem the morning we checked out, computers were down and we had to have a receipt. waited a long time and many people in line. granted, not the front desk fault when computers go down, but most hotels have the receipt printed before morning and placed under your door. I am still waiting to see if they overcharged me.

• Stayed April 2008
2 Thank flwrgrdn

Travelers are raving about these Pasco hotels

South Florida, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2008

The bed was very comfy, easy access on/off to freeway, GREAT lighting, nice amenities (mini fridge/mic, Bath and Body products etc.) However, DON"T go for rooms 3161 or 3261 ( or close) as they are RIGHT next to the loading dock with loud, vibrating sounds from 4 a.m.- on (deliveries.) They are the farthest rooms from the lobby or anything else for that matter. Business/computer access was 2 standing only computers that required credit cards that I heard someone claiming they were charged $15 for two of the ten free minutes a person is supposed to get before the charges on the card kicks in. Card keys didn't work half of the time. Can't see the tv from the desk. The 1 phone had loud buzzing sound. Newspapers that they charge you extra for were not delivered. When I called about that, I was asked both mornings if I wanted one. Hello? On check-in I was required to acknowledge that I would be paying for one unless I marked otherwise and I'm not calling just to be social. Room "service" was good, but the prices were very high. Housekeeping shorted me a towel and replenished my supplies with a half used conditioner.... so the stay was mixed for me.

• Stayed April 2008
Puget Sound, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

The day we checked in it was incredibly hot and we were exhausted from travel and the heat. It was difficult to find the main lobby for check in, and when we did, we found it in the middle of construction/renovation. The doors did not open automatically and I had difficulty hauling in my luggage. Employees standing around with apparently nothing better to do did not assist me with the doors or with the luggage. We were not greeted, but were ignored until my husband walked to the main desk and began speaking to the attendant.

When we were assigned a room, it was in a far wing of the hotel, a long way from where we'd brought in all our luggage. We had to haul our luggage through hallway after hallway to get to our room. We got lost and there was no one available to show us the way.

The room itself was not too bad, but it was pretty small. The bathroom door could not open all of the way because the toilet was in the way. The door to the hallway seemed inadequate in that there was a big gap under it. My husband, a former firefighter, wondered how it could be firesafe.

Our experience in the lounge was awful. Apparently a server was offended when I asked about the quality of the drinking water, and then would not come back to wait on us. We left after waiting a long time, and then went to the restaurant next door and had a very nice meal that was served by a very pleasant waitress.

We've always thought of Red Lion as a very upscale hotel chain, but this particular hotel made me think that it was formerly a Motel 6 and was in the middle of an upgrade. This wasn't what we expected at all.

• Liked — The bed was nice and the meal in the restaurant was also very good.
  • Disliked — Inattentive and rude staff, concern about security, large gap under door, location of room.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Spokane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2008

When I first arrived my wait time was average. When help serive to was average more professional then friendly. When I got to my room the keys where not working, I waited 15 minutes to have reset, with a breif appoligy.
They do no have free internet you have to pay for it, which most places I stay have computer you can use for free.
There was no Cont. Breakfast and prices there seem high for food.
The company I worked for got the rooms for $50.00 a night which is good.

• Liked — Parking
  • Disliked — Keys not working, no cont breakfast and no free internet
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank vigilance1
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2007

Big clean rooms . friendly staff. "pool and hot tub not working huge dissapointment".

Gardens need to be barked and weeds pulled.

Good buffet at breakfast. Bar friendly women watch your men.

Perimeter doors not secure key cards are not required to enter the building.

Gardens need to be barked and weeds needed to be pulled.

price was fair.

Great location to do the wine tour from Yakima to Pasco Pasco to Walla Walla.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — pool hot tub unsecure outer doors
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank winetour
spokane
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2007

I have stayed in this hotel dozens and dozens of times over the years. I stayed here the night I got married. I have loved this hotel as I have loved very few. Having said that, it took quite alot to finally put me out of the Red Lion. The last several times I stayed there, I (as a woman traveling alone) was put (after dark) in a room accessed through back alleys with the entry near a bank of dumpsters. There was no sign of any security, and frankly it was dark and scary. Additionally, the rooms have been very badly maintained and one was overrun by large spiders. I have had non-working TVs, remotes, shower heads, toilets, heat/ac, and various other problems. I have to sadly report that repairs and maintenance have been neglected for too long. Everything is just shabby to the point that nothing even looks clean anymore. There are several brand new motels for the same or less money in the vicinity. I have tried them all and they are great.

• Liked — I liked it best 20 years ago when somebody cared about it.
  • Disliked — It just breaks my heart that it is such a dump now. (They even got rid of the showpiece pool!)
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank jilliamo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 11 in Pasco
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
My Place Hotel-Pasco, WA
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center

Been to Red Lion Hotel Pasco? Share your experiences!