“Loud highway, louder party music till 2 AM, parking lot and hotel full of drunks”

Red Lion Hotel Pasco
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Horrible experience, largest party of the year was not advertised nor mentioned when we booked or checked in. The damned toilet is vibrating from the noise, no part of the hotel is spared from the overdriven bass and rap music boyeeee.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank TechEdGuy
monhamme, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

While we do host an annual Boat Race Bash on the last weekend of July every year, I am very sorry to hear that you were not notified of this event prior to, or during your check in process! I will follow up with my desk staff directly to see how we can do a better job at keeping everyone informed for next year's event. Thank you very much for keeping us informed!

There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Pasco

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at the Pasco Red Lion during a three-day business event in the area and found it surprisingly good! Having stayed at other Tri-Cities area hotels in the past, I expected little more than a dressed-up Motel 6 but was extremely encouraged by my stay at the Red Lion. I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is very clean, spacious, private, secure, friendly, welcoming, and relaxing.

Room Tip: I requested a third-floor room with a balcony overlooking the pool area and they were able to accomo...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank WashingtonOurHome
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We checked in without a reservaton and were given a beautiful room. It was very clean and quiet. The staff was especially friendly and kind. I would come back here without any hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This large hotel near the Pasco Airport is attractive to travelers, youth sports teams and business travelers. It gets good reviews from youth sports teams and frequent business travelers. However it does have problems.

This hotel has been around for years, sprawling over a piece of property off I-182. As a Red Lion branded property, it suffers from a lack of updating in the public spaces. The entryway is dark and uninviting. It has the same general decor (and maybe carpet) I first saw 30 years ago. It's clean, but not welcoming.

Which brings me to the next point -- welcoming. The front desk person, who was not busy, showed absolutely no interest that I was checking-in for a conference. When I asked where my room was, she just pointed off to one side and said, "it's over there." Since "over there" encompassed the entire rest of the facility, I asked for some clarity and got a response of "just drive around this way until you see a door...your room is on the second floor." Frequent visitors say the staff is great -- but that's because they are recognized and treated differently than someone who arrives for the first time.

All the luggage carts are at the front door, but there are none at the access door to whichever wing you may be in, so you can trek a LONG way to retrieve a cart. There is no staff to help with your luggage if you are impaired. The elvator is a long way from the desk.

The room we had on the second floor was clean and nicely appointed with the usual amenities. There was free, though slow, Wi-Fi access. Two years previously, we encountered a room that was too hot. It was in February and we could not get the room to cool off. We finally had to open the sliding window (on the ground floor) to get the room below the level of Sauna-type heat. This year was the same thing. It mattered not one bit what you set the thermostat at...the heat just kep coming. The saving grace this time was we found we could turn the system off, but still had to open the window (in February) to get the room to cool down. Of course, when housekeeping came in, they turned the heat back on. I hope summer stays are better since outdoor temperatures can reach 100+. I have a friend who stayed there last summer and his room did not have functioning air conditioning...though they finally brought two fans for him to use.

Meals: There is a coffee shop in the lobby only open for breakfast and lunch. There are no longer any breakfast coupons, so you can buy a breakfast buffett. Lunch prices were moderate, service was reasonable, but the food was overcooked. On the first night of our stay, we found the coffee shop closed. So we went to the bar to get a burger or something. After sitting for over 15 minutes with no one approaching to see what we would like, we got up and left, going to the high-end restaurant. We walked in and saw that several tables were occupied, but no one would come to seat us. We finally gave up and left the property to find something to eat -- landing at the Crazy Moose Casino near the river. We were able to eat at the Restaurant the following evening. It's very good, but more expensive than I wouild normally like to pay when on business. The catering for the group function was very good. Hard to believe it came from the same kitchen that overcooks simple foods for the coffee shop.

Housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient.

There is an outdoor pool area that I am sure is an attraction in the summer.

If you are stuck here because of a conference, get a room other than on the ground floor. That way, you can open the window to control the heat. Otherwise the room is comfortable and reasonably quiet. Hopefully, you will have better service at the front desk.

Otherwise, I'd stay next door at the Best Western. it is newer, clean, comfortable and has a free breakfast.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the ground floor unless you are wanting a pool-facing room (in the summer). Otherwise...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank I82X73
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Hello I82X73,

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing our guests excellent service. I apologize that the hotel was less than you expected compared to other local hotels. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We will be speaking with our front desk staff about your experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

breakfast (complimentary?) 3/4 of the tables were coverd with dirty dishes. there were no clean plates at the buffet...of course they were all still in the tables,,,no coffee no milk no food, I'm not kidding...the place was full and apparently no one had clued in or prepared the cook staff.
in our room cigarette burns on the carpet , in the bathroom. They have no clue what hospitality means. complaints were met with blatantly apathetic stares. Avoid the place and go 8 minutes to Richland to a Marriott property.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bob M
monhamme, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I am so very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your recent experience at our location! While reading your survey, I do see that you have a preferred hotel, but I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you and see what we can do to get you to try us again. Please feel free to contact me directly at my hotel, I would love to talk about this further.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very nice and clean room. The people are great and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here on the way to the Oregon Coast and again on the way back. It's a very nice hotel. Very clean and in a great location. I can see it would be good for families to stay and play in the pool and very pretty inner courtyard. The beds are great (main reason we stay at Red Lions) and the price was very good. The lobby was beautifully designed with great wood doors and beams. We look forward to it being our new stop to and from the Oregon Coast. Love it! By the way, golf course right in back of it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
monhamme, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of our property! I hope you had a wonderful journey to the Oregon Coast, such a beautiful time of year to visit. We are looking forward to seeing you again in future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Pasco/Tri-Cities
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities
My Place Hotel-Pasco, WA
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#4 of 11 in Pasco
Clover Island Inn Kennewick

Been to Red Lion Hotel Pasco? Share your experiences!