“Disappointed with quality of room, Service etc.”

Red Lion Hotel Pasco
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed there back in April of this year and would have to say, by far this is one of the dirtiest properties I've encountered in a long time. We checked in and were not given the room we initially requested due to a tournament that was in town (which was fine) until we arrived in our room. The desk agent wasn't overly friendly either.

We left the front desk and the agent, instead of having us walk to the building to the right of the hotel about 50 feet, had us drive the entire way around the property (strange). We get to our room after treking through a long hallway (due to poor directions). Open the door and are overwhelmed by the stench/smell coming from the room. It had obviously been smoked in recently, as well prior to (perhaps in the past it was a smoking building). I have asthema and was very specific regarding the room and that I cannot handle smoke (at all). They assured me it was a non-smoking room. The moment we opened the door I began coughing and having issues it was so strong.

It had that "old stale smoke smell". Was gross. The room was dirty. We open the slider door hoping that would kill the smell - but couldn't leave it open due to the freeway right outside our door. We ended up calling the front desk for a switch to a different room. They accomodated us. We were moved across the hallway to another room. When the desk agent brought us the card - he even said, "You're right this smells horrible".

The next room across the hall smelled "less" stale than the previous one and at least we could open to patio door for air. (It still smelled though like stale smoke). Grossed out on the patio though by the bird droppings that were all over the place along with a nest in the corner. (An I mean ALL over the place). Somewhat of a health concern. There was also some things left on the patio from a previous guest that had not been cleaned up. Cigarette's in a cup along with another item. This room as well, was not very clean. We arrived late and really didn't have the energy to move again - or to another hotel. Oh and the bed was like sleeping on a marshmallow - super soft and not comfy at all. I forgot, we also burned a candle, popcorn AND coffee just to cover the smell of the room so it didn't stink so much!

We went down to the bar for drinks and a snack. Service, you couldn't complain about it - there wasn't any. The area we were sitting NOT ONCE did the server come over and ask for our order. She came by once to remove drinks that were empty (we got them from the bar ourself). She was rude and abrupt. The drinks were so-so nothing to write home about. They would sometimes be in glass and other times be in plastic. When paying for a $6.50 drink - it should be in glass! Its not a party in the backyard.

Mostly discouraged that the hotel wasn't overly concerned by the things that happened with our stay and/what was found on the patio (bird droppings and other).

The lack of care/concern and pride in this property definitely showed on our stay. We will be back in the area and we will not stay here again. The best part was checking out the next day. Had I of known how yucky this place was, we just would have driven down the next morning at 5 a.m. for our event and not have to go through all of this hassle.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

While reading this review and taking notes as to all your various challenges the only thing that comes to my mind is a flat out apology. This experience you had is unacceptable to us and our staff. We never want to hear that you had this kind of stay at any Red Lion anywhere. I have noted each situation you had and will address it with all involved. This is not indicative of our normal level of service or cleanliness. At the end of the day you have our most sincere apology that you received the overall lack of service you did and can only hope that down the road you will allow Red Lion to show the service we are known for. Thank you so much for leaving this feedback as all feedback is needed. Have safe & happy travels.

Reviewed May 4, 2011

I really enjoyed my trip to Pasco and my stay at the Red Lion. Comfortable rooms, good food and great service.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Had a great experience, I have stayed at many Red Lions throught out th Pacific North West for business. I really enjoy this hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We have used the Pasco Red Lion several times for business meetings. I would highly recommend this site. The staff goes out of it's way to make sure all your needs are met, are friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The hotel location was good, our room was clean & spacious, the front desk was friendly, the restaurant'sbreakfast buffet was OK, they could use more variety, my teenager was disappointed that the pool & hot tub were outdoors so we could not use them because they had not opened them yet, the bath towels were a bit scratchy.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2011

I am sorry to see that the hot tub and pool were not in service during your stay and certainly apologize for this. It sounds however, that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that when you return to our area that you again choose us for your stay! Have safe and happy travels.

Reviewed March 21, 2011

We were very disappointed with our stay at this Red Lion. The hotel has a very strong smell; in the lobby, halls and our room. We think it probably came from the very old carpet throughout, a mildew, stale smell. The beds were very uncomfortable and I am thankful I brought my own pillow and blanket because the room did not seem clean. The shower/bath was really gross, we put a towel on the bottom of the tub floor in order to take a shower. It was the most unrelaxing hotel room we have ever encountered. This hotel desperately needs updating. There is only an outdoor pool at this hotel. We were told it would be open, but it was not during our stay. The front desk was helpful, but other staff we came in contact with were fairly rude. I don't blame them though, if I had to work there I would not be too happy either. If we could have found another room at a nearby hotel we would have left, but due to multiple athletic tournaments in town over the weekend all hotels were booked.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank soccermomhbs
Reviewed March 15, 2011

I came into to town for a extended weekend to see my son on his birthday. I purchased my room on priceline name your own price. I was scared of what I could be placed in. To my surprise EVERYTHING was excellent! I have booked my room for a week this summer for my son's graduation. I don't have to worry about anything as I know my stay will be wonderful!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
CarlFletcher, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Pasco, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

I am very happy to hear you had such a positive experience with us during your stay. No matter where you purchase your room we are committed to ensuring that each guest has the best experience they can while with us. These reviews give our staff the fuel they need to continue to provide top line service. We know that if you return to the area you will be comfortable in choosing our hotel again. Thank you for you time and efforts on leaving this great feedback.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Pasco/Tri-Cities
My Place Hotel-Pasco, WA
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Pasco-TriCities
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#5 of 11 in Pasco
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland

Been to Red Lion Hotel Pasco? Share your experiences!