“I want to like this place, but ...”
Review of 208 Garfield

208 Garfield
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Parkland
Cuisines: Cafe, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: 208 Garfield welcomes you to our cozy eatery in the heart of Parkland. We hope you will enjoy our hand crafted menu items, friendly employees and warm atmosphere. All of our wine and beers travel less than 300 miles to reach your glass and we offer six different wines on tap.
Seattle
“I want to like this place, but ...”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I really want to like this place, but the price and service always lets it down. The limited food selection is different than any other restaurant in the area ... and this part of town sorely needs this type of restaurant. The food is always good. The portions is a bit small, especially considering the price one pays. Want a sugar-free drink, you're limited to water or coffee. Depending on how busy the coffee shop is, food service can be very slow. During one visit, I waited over 10 minutes for my soup & salad, and they forgot my gluten-free bread, which is part of the meal. Having said all that, I do still go to the 208, however, not as often as I would like to.

Visited December 2012

Yelm, Washington, United States
“Coffee, tea or wine”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Cute coffee shop next to PLU student store that serves the coffee lovers but also wine as you sit and work by laptop light

Visited May 2012
Sacramento, California
“Great place for an inexpensive and good meal”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We were staying with my wife's aunt and uncle and they raved about this place so we went there for dinner. Their menu is....well, different, but good. The prices are reasonable and the selection is excellent...good paninis and soups and salads. The only drawback was the night we were in there, the place was FREEZING!! We mentioned it to the server and she blew us off saying that that was the way it was. Good thing we brought our jackets. Hopefully it isn't that way all the time.

• Visited August 2012
“Fresh and creative”
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The menu is eclectic and changes as the day goes on. Baked goods are made locally. At lunch there are great panini, soups and salads. My favorites include the BLT salad and the pomorodoro soup. Small plates in the evening include charcuterie, bssf short ribs and roast pork belly. Vegan and vegetarian option are clearly labelled. Wine and micro beer lists are fantastic.

Vancouver, BC, Canada
“small, calm and excellent”
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The panini's list is impressive. The Quiche are amazing. Good wine from the region.
Quick. Cheap. Simple. A place to stop for a break on the road.

• Visited July 2011