Paradise Inn at Mount Rainier
Alexander's Lodge(Ashford)(Great Value!)
$110
Packwood Lodge(Packwood)(Great Value!)
$139
Mountain View Lodge(Packwood)(Great Value!)
$115
$98
  • Breakfast included
$150
Hotels.com
Nisqually Lodge(Ashford)(Great Value!)
$190
Crest Trail Lodge(Packwood)(Great Value!)
$130
$110
Rodeway Inn(Enumclaw)(Great Value!)
$95
$81
All reviewsdining roomnational parkmount rainierpiano playerparking lothistoric lodgevisitor centergift shopprivate bathrooms are smallsnack barsandwichesthe main lodgegreat roomskyline trailfront doorbring your own
Reviewed September 5, 2010

The recent refurbish was great... added safety features and paint but preserving the character of the 1914 built inn.... .
I had read the rooms were small but in a basic room in the annex I foinf them more than roomy.... nor a suite but plenty of space to store stuff and sleep. Large bathroom.
I lovet the fact that they kept the rooms in character with the Inns history and didnt make it a faux hyatt.
Wonderful lobby, and good reasonable food.
Evening ranger programs and fire place rounded this real gem out. Its a rustic palace in a stunning locale....
If you are expecting a place that will faun over you forget it... this a real hotel /lodge in the old tradition before club level , room service and elite points were ever dreamed of.
Now the location..... cant be beat. Pack you hiking stuff and a camera and leave your attitude at home..... no one here will appreciate it.

Cant wait to return... get reservations earily for July and August flowers...its worth it... compared to other hotels I found it very reasonable $405 for 2 nights , with all meals and drinks in the lobby..... thry that at a Courtyard or a Best Western....Ha !

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hawaiidan
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The location is great. The hotel from the outside and the lobby looks beautiful. We were given the impression that the hotel has just recently been refurbished too. The reality is way different. The room we were given was in the annex which was really shabby for the $150 a night that we paid - and has not been updated. Was like a 1960's prefab. Moreover it was tiny. We had to rearrange the furniture to fit in the small travel crib we bought with us for our baby. We had only been there about half an hour when we saw mice in the room. We spoke to the staff about the mice but they treated us appalingly - saying we had brought them in because we had food in the room (which we didnt and besides we were only there half an hour - I think the mice had been there longer than that!). They then changed their plan by saying we had to accept that its normal to have wildlife in a hotel in a location as this. We tried to reason with these people but they continued to be unpleasant and incredibly incompetent. It was really difficult to speak to these people. We ended up having to stay the night in the room.....with the mice (It was too late at night to drive home - and too far!) The next day it didnt get any better. The staff in the restaurant were useless. The food was bad for the price they charge and trying to check out was painful! The staff couldnt even do that! If you wish to stay in the mt Rainier location you would do better to stay at one of the hotels outside the park or camp - that way you wouldnt have to deal with such incompetent staff, and its alot cheaper for pretty much the same standard of accomodation.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank gerrybrit
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I regularly stay at National Park Hotels (Yellowstone, Grand Tetong, Glacier, etc) so I do not come expecting internet access, air conditioning, or even televisions and telephones. I expect a fantastic location, and a room with a decent bed and usually a bath. If that is what you're looking for, then the Paradise Inn fits the bill. it really is a spectacular setting. I was able to get in an afternnon hike and morning hike in the amazing Paradise area with tons of wildflowers and views to die for.

Although I have found most of the National park hotels to be a bit funky and sometimes a bit noisy, my annex room in the Paradise Inn was funkier and louder than the others. I thought the room was a bit smaller and the accomodations a bit stranger (including the location of the bed and the desk by the window). I was able to get to sleep at 9, but was awakened by LOTS of doors slamming between 2 and 6 a.m. After trying lying there trying to figure our what the heck people were doing up at that time, I used it as an opportunity to photograph the sunrise over Reflection Lakes which was a spectular way to see the Mountain.

I had dinner in the dining room and found it neither overpriced nor slow. I had a wonderful salad and trout that were both tasty and perfectly done. I'd say that salad was about $8 and the trout in the $20 range. I had a nice beer, too.

All in all I agree with other reviewers that this location can't be beat. I wish the accomodations were a bit nicer, especially quieter because as it was I was glad to only be there for one night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Leroi L
Reviewed August 21, 2010

We ate at the restaurant for lunch on July 12. The food was below average and the service was horrible. Our server hardly came near us. Our food was brought out by a runner and sat on the tray for more than 5 minutes until our server noticed it and brought it to us. Then he disappeared. The order was wrong. Cheese missing from burgers. Missing side orders and dressing. By the time he came back, it almost wasn;t worth fixing the issues. My son had the Wild Joe which was Sloppy Joe with venison. It was more fat and gristle than meat. The Mac and Cheese was bitter and soupy. The burgers tasted and looked like frozen burgers. Bring a picnic munch and save yourself $60.00

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank keyscops
Reviewed August 10, 2010

This is a great place to stay - but don't expect anything grand. The rooms are small. There is no A/C which doesn't seem like a big deal that high up. But once you close your door at night, there is no way to get a cross breeze. The meals are great but pricey. Many families brought their own food with them. The hikes are great. Do all of them! At the end of July, there was still snow on the mountain - meanwhile it was over 100 degrees on the East Coast. The view is great, too. Parking is really tight.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family