“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 2 Packwood B&B and Inns
Pasco, Washington
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

the naysayers on here are ridiculous...for what this place is, its very nive. The property is big and spacious and the new theme rooms are amazing...the place has recently undergone a change in management, and judging from all the negative reviews on here, its a good thing

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lenny S
PackwoodInn, Owner at Packwood Inn, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
We thank you for your honesty,and pleasure of having you as our guest, and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
perry, ga
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

packwood inn looks ok online and even looks ok from a distance...but it was a horrible experience! 2 couples, we wanted 2 single rooms with queen beds and manager told us there were none in lodge....not true...there were several and they were available. i spoke with families who rented them hours after we arrived who did not have reservations....the pool was full of brown dirt on bottom...there was NO spa!!! it had been boarded up for what appeared to be a long time and the room was filthy. ..when we checked out, manager had charged us an additional $11 for each room and would not remove the extra charge...free breakfast was sitting out on a small table along with dirty dishes....so nasty!!! it was such a terrible experience that i have contacted owners as first step in our complaints...we traveled 10,000 miles over a period of 28 days and this was the only bad experience we had....drive on!!!! manager was extremely rude!!! i have pictures of room with mismatched spreads, dirt on bottom of pool, and dirty dishes out table with food,for the breakfast and will add them later. I have contacted the owners several times but have had no response.

Room Tip: look closely at the manager and office....ask to look at a room...scan the types of other rooms that...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank mville8
Thank You.

Travelers are raving about these Packwood hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel should not even be in business. When I arrived at the hotel, the man charged my boyfriends card for two nights. He gave us the keys to our room and when we tried to open the door, someone else was in the room. The owner then gave us the excuse that some other drunk employee gave those people that room. He said he didnt even know anyone was in that room. Then he gave us the keys to another room which was smaller and not even what we were paying for. The room reaked of cigarette smoke, there was shaved hair all over in the bathroom, the room was dirty, there was a water leak in the roof and the beds were about as comfortable as the concrete outside. In the morning we tried to get our money back for the second night so that we could go else where. The owner had an absolute fit and said he would absolutely not give our money back. We decided not to stay there even though we had paid for it. That night we were next door eating pizza and I could see our room from where I was sitting. There were people in the room and he had actually givin our room away to another person, even though we were already paying for it! As you can probably see now, this place is the worst establishment around. This man should be embarrased of himself and the way that he conducts business. Oh and did I mention that the indoor pool was closed.. The owner also blamed this on his drunk employee and said that the health department had closed the pool down. I am warning you, NEVER stay here. I would have been 100 times more comfortable staying in my car, or a tent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mckenna w
olympia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

I reserved room #22 for 12/30-12/31/2011. When I got there I checked in and the manager gave me the key, someone was already in the room I reserved. I went back to the front desk and he said that he had no idea someone was staying in the room. Being that I had no where else to stay, I took another room for the night. The room he gave me, #16 was filthy. There were hairs in the shower and the carpet was dirty. Even though he said it was a non smoking room it did not smell like it. The beds were very uncomfortable and there was a water leak in the ceiling, I heard water dropping all night long. The next morning I talked to the same man at the front desk and explained how horrible my stay was and asked him to cancel/refund my second night. He was absolutley no help and said "i'm sure" with scarcasm when I told him how dirty the room was. I am going to do everything I can to refute the visa charge and report the establishment to as many organizations as I can. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Crest Trail Lodge, it was cheaper and much nicer.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alex G
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

The manager, Lesley, spent a long time telling me how much he had upgraded the place. He offered us a "discount" and then tried to raise the price twice on us when we arrived. He did kindly give us an upgrade to the room with a "kitchen"--too bad it was already inhabited by cockroaches. The first one we saw committed suicide in our stir fry; unfortunately, he had many siblings to keep us company.

The "90 degree" pool wasn't close to that. It may have felt warm to an Emporer Penguin, but for us the doors that didn't close let in too much of the 20 degree air.

The "generous breakfast spread" consisted of vintage bagels that I'd date back to the Bush administration, warm "fresh-squeezed" orange juice that we didn't dare try as we weren't sure of it's expiration date, and room temp cream cheese. The muffins were the kind with dyed sugar instead of blueberries. Needless to say, we ended up getting breakfast elsewhere.

Everywhere we turned, there was something unexpectedly off: the sink squirted us with cold water when we had it on hot, the remote was missing buttons, the fridge didn't seal shut, the heater clunked throughout the night, the room smelled of cigarette smoke, etc. The wifi didn't work in our room, so my husband went to the office to use it. He came back to our room reeking of cigarette smoke which wafts out of the manager's office/home - along with the loud noise blaring from the TV.

After paying way more than what was advertised, we were charged double and now I am having to deal with a credit card dispute.

Room Tip: The room by the office had wifi; ours didn't.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ls123911
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

This place was so awful, I don't know where to start... It was run like a cheap motel in a shady part of Seattle that you'd find crawling with hookers and junkies. I checked in and the creepy manager made some really inappropriate comment about what's a young girl like yourself doing traveling alone. Really none of your business, and way to make me feel safe.
I found black curly hairs when I pulled back the sheets, as I looked closer, I found what I would guess was an old scab. The same seperated OJ that was there when I checked in, was sitting out the next morning for breakfast, it was fermenting and bubbling out of the container, bagels were stale, coffee was probably days old.
Initially only intending to stay one night, the manager offered me a deal for my second night (it was Christmas, Merry Christmas), and when I returned exhausted after a full day of snowboarding, I got a knock on the door from some other Indian guy that didn't speak hardly any English telling me I had to come to the office and talk to the owner on the phone. My thoughts were "Who are you and where's the manager, Lesely?" The manager was strung out on who knows what drug, totally incoherent, sitting visible from the front desk in his underwear. On the phone the owner was insistent that I paid more for the second night or he would call 911 on me. He threatened this twice in a two minute phone conversation. "On me?!?, what did I do? The manager offered me a holiday special and now you want more money for this dump of a place!?!?! Forget it". I'd leave and make the long drive back home before I was about to pay this place any more. He wanted a copy of my receipt to show that I had paid cash or he would charge my credit card. I went and got my receipt, but the guy that spoke no English behind the counter didn't know how to use the copy machine, so I had to walk around to the office in the back past the unconscious manager drooling in his underwear to make a copy. Way to make a solo gal feel REALLY uncomfortable.

Room Tip: DON'T STAY HERE!!! Check out the Mountain View Lodge up the road.
Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank __gi_money__
PackwoodInn, Owner at Packwood Inn, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
We are sorry about your experience, with our past manager, we have since fired him, and make no excuses for his poor behavior as a manager, However our motel is not as bad as you would like to make it out to be. Our motel is clean, cozy and friendly. Thank You
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2011

After a long day up at the pass I noticed the $40.00 dollar special, I booked the room and it was clean and comfortable. The pool looked a little shabby and their was no spa to speak of but who could complain at the price, I was happy to have stayed and will go back

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packwood
Packwood Lodge
Whittaker's Motel and Historic Bunkhouse
Crest Trail Lodge
Crest Trail Lodge
#3 of 5 in Packwood

Been to Packwood Inn? Share your experiences!