“Our go to place when crossing the Cascades”

Mountain View Lodge
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Packwood
Reviewed May 21, 2010

Here's what you need to know:
Great prices
Comfortable Beds
Clean rooms
Mini-Fridge (probably in most rooms by now)
Quiet
Safe
Friendly Owners
Super convenient location right on the Hwy (but it's real quiet at night).
Breakfast area in lobby with some seating.

My family is in eastern Washington, so when I moved to the far west corner of western Washington, the trip got a little too long. We chose the Mountain View Lodge the first time we made the big trip, because of the good price, and return over and over again because of the great accommodations. Every time we stay we have a comfortable room, nice breakfast and we can get out and get on the road quickly and easily. We have arrived very, very late on some occasions, and the owners are there, friendly and ready to get us checked in. Last time I stayed they had a small fridge in the room, which was new from the previous stay. One time my TV was missing the remote (I noticed right when I walked in) and they moved me to the next room over. I am an extremely light sleeper, but the motels on the highway location has never bothered me. The highway isn't very busy, especially at night. I have come here alone (I'm female) and with my husband. I have always felt very safe. I have recommended this motel to my family, who now stays there each time they make the trip to our side of the mountains. They have had nothing but positive experiences as well. I believe they also have little cabins behind the motel with kitchens. We might book one this summer for a family gathering.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank frances1313

Reviewed March 11, 2010

Stayed only one night...wasn't real impressed with the area of Packwood, but the room was clean and very quiet and also pet friendly- needed a place to stay before heading over the mountain and this was agood choice-the staff was friendly & accomodating and the room was quiet clean and comfortable for a reasonable price- would stay again

4  Thank beckyjo77
Reviewed January 13, 2010

For the price, I was very satisfied with the stay given the location. Would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
4  Thank vikusik
Reviewed December 15, 2009

Mountain View Lodge provides visitors to the Mount Rainier area with good basic accommodation at a reasonable price. The Lodge is in a very quiet location outside of the small town of Packwood. My wife and I stayed there when we visited Rainier and found it a good base. The rooms are basic but clean. A good, simple breakfast collection was available. We would happily return for another night or more. Check out the location on Google Maps, which allows you to see the hotel from the highway.

1  Thank DoctorWalt
Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed in unit 14 for three nights at the start of August. This was after the big heat wave. We really enjoyed our stay. The unit had a 4-post king bed and a kitchenette. We used the kitchenette to cook supper each night and didn’t have any trouble with missing utensils or cookware. We also enjoyed the common area behind the main building, right outside of our unit where they had picnic tables and a fire pit. Our neighbors had two kids about 4 or 5 and in the evening you could hear them running into and out of the loft that unit has, but it wasn’t a big deal.

The unit was clean and the front desk personnel were helpful in giving us time estimates to drive to various points in Rainier Ntl Park and Mt. St. Helens.

Last year a storm took out their roof mounted WIFI so the outlying units can’t get reception, you either have to go outside in the picnic table area or go in the main lobby.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank CrazyHiker
Reviewed August 28, 2009

We stayed at this wonderful lodge for 4 nights at the end of July 2009 while exploring Mount Rainier National Park. We stayed in Unit 16 which was a corner unit with private entrance. In this unit we had a king bed, kitchen stove top (no oven) - coffee maker - microwave - fridge, private bathroom with tub & showerhead - hairdryer, TV and airconditioning. We paid $70 USD per night for this unit, which I think is a great deal.

We enjoyed our stay here very much, the room was clean and had everything we needed. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in. The bathroom was very clean and looked like it was recently renovated. There were enough pots, pans, utensils to use during our stay. We had clean towels every day. The owners were very helpful and pleasant. The wireless internet connection was very weak in our room, but there was a table set up in the office for guests to use and from here you have a very good connection. I would recommend this place to anybody that wants to stay in Packwood.

4  Thank AnnInBC
Reviewed July 30, 2009

We stayed here for one night in room 17 -this place was very, very dated - looks like it was furnished from several yard sales - it had 4 different kinds of flooring (carpet, 2 kinds of vinyl and a throw rug) in just 3 rooms. In the living room, it had 2 different kinds of curtains! The only positive thing is that it was clean and bug free. The bedroom did not have a TV or air conditioning- only a window unit in the living room that had to work hard to cool down the entire place - we were there during their HOT record setting temps 98+ and worst of all, we paid 100.00 for this place!!! Best bet would be to stay in Ashford, WA.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Smallwood4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packwood
Packwood Lodge
#3 of 5 in Packwood
Nisqually Lodge
Nisqually Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford

Been to Mountain View Lodge? Share your experiences!