“Good Base For Mt. Rainier”
Review of Crest Trail Lodge

Crest Trail Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Packwood
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Came through Mt. Rainier from north to south, stopping at Sunrise first then heading on into Packwood and the Crest Trail Lodge for the evenings. Lady at the front desk was attentive and friendly, room was clean and inviting. Breakfast was plentiful but as others have mentioned it can be crowded. The next day we went back in to the Paradise area for more hiking and out the west side of Mt. Rainier NP and back to Crest Trail Lodge for our second evening. No problems of any kind and easy check out the next morning. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank gogators52

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for three nights. Very quiet rooms. Nicely decorated and furnished. Very clean. Typical hot breakfast bar included. Hosts were very accommodating. Was surprised to be offered a complimentary glass of wine. It was a nice touch. Only downside was that the rooms were a bit snug. Not much room to move about. Enjoyed chatting with guests each morning about trails at Mt. Ranier NP. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The motel is fine for a couple of nights. Clean, staff was very nice. The beds were very hard. They have a hot breakfast but it is in a tiny room and it gets packed with people. We went out for breakfast at the pizza joint in town very good.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been visiting Pacwood twice a year for the past 6 years. We go to the big fleamarkets on Labor day and Memorial day.Tuff weakend to get a room so you have to make a reservations a year in advance. This year, the Crest Trail got new management.... What a mistake..... "Forest the new manager decided NOT to honor the reservations that we made before he took over. We found out when we called to confirm, by then it was too late. FYI..... If you are a seller or a buyer at the markets DON"T trust that your reservation is good. ITS NOT. GO ELSEWHERE. I guess i'm disapointed because he did this TWICE and then told me "I don't have time to talk, I'm a little busy" Sorry, but in my book.... That is RUDE and unprofessional. I hope the ownership takes notice. By the way....I am not the only one this has happened to. One thing good about all this is I won't waste my time or money here again and I can spread the word to my fellow sellers and buyers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bumbed
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have stayed here when we visited Mt. Rainier. This place is a bit of far from park entrances. However, this lodge is very clean, updated, good quality of wireless internet. Air conditioner is a little bit noisy, but we did not use since night time is not too warm. Only two problems were no orange juice for breakfast, and coffee was so lite. I saw owners bought their own coffee from outside.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnson C
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here on 22 June, 2012 while conducting research this summer. The owners were gracious, knowledgeable and very accommodating. There were Elk roaming around the premises. One of the most important criteria for me when I choose a place to stay is free internet access and it was readily available at the Lodge. I highly recommend them if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jay P
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you want to stay in Packwood, look no further. Packwood is a good base to visit Mt Rainier and the Windy Ridge viewpoint of Mt St. Helens. Packwood itself wins no prizes and the best restaurant is 16 miles away in nearby Randle. But this motel makes it worth staying here. The people running it are very friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was in excellent condition: large, with a good TV, microwave. The beds were wonderfully comfortable. The shower was excellent with big white fluffy towels. The only problem was that the free wifi wasn't terribly fast. The free breakfast was good: there was a decent spread of foodstuffs, replenished all morning. The owners offer two free glasses of wine per person each night. Honestly it was a real pleasure to stay here. Even my cynical wife who wonders why I write these reviews was imploring me to submit one. I know the owners have only recently taken over and are working their fingers to the bone: I wish them the best

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packwood
Packwood Lodge
Whittaker's Motel and Historic Bunkhouse
Nisqually Lodge
Nisqually Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford

Been to Crest Trail Lodge? Share your experiences!