“Stayed here on way to Mt. Rainer NP”
Review of Crest Trail Lodge

Crest Trail Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Packwood
Reviewed August 17, 2012

The motel is fine for a couple of nights. Clean, staff was very nice. The beds were very hard. They have a hot breakfast but it is in a tiny room and it gets packed with people. We went out for breakfast at the pizza joint in town very good.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I have been visiting Pacwood twice a year for the past 6 years. We go to the big fleamarkets on Labor day and Memorial day.Tuff weakend to get a room so you have to make a reservations a year in advance. This year, the Crest Trail got new management.... What a mistake..... "Forest the new manager decided NOT to honor the reservations that we made before he took over. We found out when we called to confirm, by then it was too late. FYI..... If you are a seller or a buyer at the markets DON"T trust that your reservation is good. ITS NOT. GO ELSEWHERE. I guess i'm disapointed because he did this TWICE and then told me "I don't have time to talk, I'm a little busy" Sorry, but in my book.... That is RUDE and unprofessional. I hope the ownership takes notice. By the way....I am not the only one this has happened to. One thing good about all this is I won't waste my time or money here again and I can spread the word to my fellow sellers and buyers.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Bumbed
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We have stayed here when we visited Mt. Rainier. This place is a bit of far from park entrances. However, this lodge is very clean, updated, good quality of wireless internet. Air conditioner is a little bit noisy, but we did not use since night time is not too warm. Only two problems were no orange juice for breakfast, and coffee was so lite. I saw owners bought their own coffee from outside.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnson C
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed here on 22 June, 2012 while conducting research this summer. The owners were gracious, knowledgeable and very accommodating. There were Elk roaming around the premises. One of the most important criteria for me when I choose a place to stay is free internet access and it was readily available at the Lodge. I highly recommend them if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jay P
Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you want to stay in Packwood, look no further. Packwood is a good base to visit Mt Rainier and the Windy Ridge viewpoint of Mt St. Helens. Packwood itself wins no prizes and the best restaurant is 16 miles away in nearby Randle. But this motel makes it worth staying here. The people running it are very friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was in excellent condition: large, with a good TV, microwave. The beds were wonderfully comfortable. The shower was excellent with big white fluffy towels. The only problem was that the free wifi wasn't terribly fast. The free breakfast was good: there was a decent spread of foodstuffs, replenished all morning. The owners offer two free glasses of wine per person each night. Honestly it was a real pleasure to stay here. Even my cynical wife who wonders why I write these reviews was imploring me to submit one. I know the owners have only recently taken over and are working their fingers to the bone: I wish them the best

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Neil R
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Stayed at this motel as it was close to our family reunion. Room was great, staff was extremely accomodating when we arrived before check-in time, allowing us to check in with the knowledge that we would not actually enter the room until after 2:00 p.m. Breakfast was as good as any we have ever had. Stayed in many motels.....this motel had REAL GLASSES instead of plastic cups that so many of the more popular motels seem to have these days. We will definately stay there again and recommend it to all in our family for next year.

Room Tip: Book early...accepts pets with minimal charge.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike O
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a small motel with a wonderful staff. We stayed for three nights and had a great time in the area. The motel was always very clean and the two person staff went out of their way to make us feel at home. The room was very clean and you could see they paid attention to the small details. There were also an excellent source of information on road conditions and additional sites to see in the area. Our first night the motel was 100% occupied and the staff still handled everything just fine including what seemed like everyone deciding to have breakfast at 8 AM. We definitely kept their card and would definitely stay there again if we go back to that area.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the back side of the motel and heard absolutely no road noise even though we sl...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Packwood
Packwood Lodge
Whittaker's Motel and Historic Bunkhouse
Nisqually Lodge
Nisqually Lodge
#1 of 6 in Ashford

Been to Crest Trail Lodge? Share your experiences!