“This place is great!!!!”
Review of Pacific Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pacific Beach
Pacific Beach Inn
Reviewed April 2, 2008

My Girlfriend and I came to get away from the city for a few days last year and we found this motel. The owner was very polite and helpful. We stayed in room 9 and loved the size and the sounds of the ocean. I just recently booked room 11 for next weekend and couldn't beat the prices and service. I will come back year after year and I always tell all my friends about this town and motel.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank spokaneguy27

Reviewed March 21, 2008

It was my friend Jennifer's 60th birthday. A group of friends and I drove from Seattle to the wild Washington coast. Wow what a find... the ocean is right out of Pacific Beach Inn doorstep. Mile after mile of open rolling coast. The proprietor was friendly and prompt with our request for extra beddings. We found a small cafe next door for cocktails and laughter. I would definitley recommend the Pacific Beach Inn for a clean and comfortable stay at the coast.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank rose78
Reviewed February 11, 2008

I searched the internet for good off-season deals, but eventually got the best price by directly contacting the hotel. I was given a variety of room options and prices, plus the manager was upfront about the additional cost of bringing our 2 dogs (the additional pet cost was on par with the surrounding hotels- $10 per dog per night). Ultimately, a pleasant curb appeal (flowers, wood siding) inspired my decision to chose this hotel versus a cinder block one near by.

Other observations about the hotel:
* one baseboard heater in the room- consequently it took a LONG time for the room to warm up.
* kitchenette in room was a nice treat! mini fridge, microwave, sink, dishes and silverware.
* bed was too soft (in my opinion)
* very close to the beach and town
* nice view of the house across the street
* shower knobs turn in opposite directions to operate (turn Hot to the right to turn on, turn Cold to the left to turn on)- easy to mis-operate and end up with a startling wrong temperature!
* VCR in room
* reasonable selection of cable TV channels (50 or so)
* necessary to nearly slam the door to get it to close completely

In sum, it was a cute hotel, clean, very convenient, but nothing to get too excited about.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank CracklinTulip
Reviewed September 26, 2007

Made reservations directly with the manager of the Pacific Beach Inn, and asked about rates for the off-season. Was told several different rooms, rates for various rooms etc. Finally settled on Room 14, off-season rate of $49 for two people. Drove down to the Ocean and was told on checking in that we were at mid-season rates of $59, and that our dog would have to stay in the room with us for an additional $10, bringing the total up to $69!! We explained that Champ is a very well-behaved dog and usually stay overnight in the Mustang. The manager was insistent about having the dog in the room, so we gave in and paid the inflated price. Weather was cool, and in fact it rained softly all night, so heat concerns were not a factor. The room itself was o.k., clean enough, and had a kitchenette counter with both fridge and microwave. Bathroom was tiny and had a hot water faucet handle that fell off (unscrewed itself) every time you tried to get hot water. View was negligible, but I didn't plan on staring out the window anyway. Manager was a Weasel!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hubqueen
seaandsky, owner at Pacific Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2007

We are sorry that this guest misunderstood our rates, but this was in no way intentional on our part. We go to great lengths to describe our rooms, rates, and seasons on our website rate page, and provide this information over the phone as well. Our rates vary based on the season, view, room size, ammenities, etc. If this person requested information regarding off season prices, but did not make a reservation, they may not have realized that off-season does not begin until October 15th.
Our pet policy is also clearly stated on our website. We are a pet friendly Inn and encourage guests to bring their dogs if they wish to do so, as we know how much dogs love the beach. We have a small pet charge , which covers the extra cleaning time required. Thank you, Pacific Beach Inn

Reviewed August 22, 2007

The Pacific Beach Inn was the perfect place for me to stay during a solo trip to the beach. My room was clean, modestly furnished, but very comfy. I stayed in room 9 (studio), and, unlike a previous reviewer, saw no ants. The kitchen and bathroom areas had been recently updated, and the back deck/porch gave me extra space. Although not directly on the beach, upstairs room (evenly numbered) do have views, as well as partial views from the decks of rooms 7,9, and 11. I could hear the surf pounding all night. Landscaped with lots of flowers and plants, this is a place I want to return to, perhaps with my family, as they have 2 bedrm. units as well. Beach access at Pacific Beach State Park is just a block down the street. The town itself is small, but starting to spruce itself up. Across the street from the inn is a wonderfull espresso, soup, and bakery cafe. If you want a well-priced, clean, well-run place to stay on the Washington coast, this might be it!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled solo
6  Thank TravelingMomSequim
A TripAdvisor Member
Spokane WA
Reviewed April 19, 2005

We had no idea what to expect when my sister-in-law made reservations for the Clam opening weekend in April, but when we arrived I was delighted to see the Ocean less than a block away and the building, while old, was wonderfully clean, well maintained, really cute and well supplied with all the amenities. We shared one of the Suites with two bedrooms and a large Kitchen with all the cooking equipment provided there. We enjoyed the surrounding area and found we could dig our Clams right out on the beach in front of the Hotel! Very homelike atmosphere and I would definetely go back.

• Stayed: April 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2004

First of all when we made reservations the man told us room #14 so when we arrived he gave us the key & told us to come back in a little while. as the room wasn't quite ready. When we came back he said they sold that room to a family & we were to be in Room # 9.I told him that everyone was expecting us in room #14, then he said he doesn't ususallly make mistakes and we could leave if we didn't want room #9 The room was huge, however, it had broken (dry Rot) tiles on the bathroom floor, the bathroom faucet was about to come off the wall, the shade over the sliding door was broken we had to lift it up to go out on the patio, my husband fiinally just tied it up . Now for the real bad complaint ! The room had ANTS
lots of ants, we think they were carpenter ants, never the less they were ants.

8  Thank annie3749
Ocean Crest Resort
Ocean Crest Resort
#2 of 3 in Moclips
MorningGlory Hotel, Resort & Suites

Been to Pacific Beach Inn? Share your experiences!