“Great beach retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pacific Beach
Seabrook Cottage Rentals
Bellingham, Washington
“Great beach retreat”
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We booked a three night stay at one of the pet friendly cottages. It was the perfect getaway when you do not want to rough it. The cottage was just like the photos on the website, with 2 bedrooms, great kitchen, dining area, TV, Internet, and swimming pool. Although others thought the beds were comfy, for us it was too soft. There was also a washer and dryer for longer stays, rental bikes, small grocery, restaurant on site and incidental shopping. It has an adorable "New England" village feel. Even though it was almost winter, we were lucky to be there in sunny, warm weather . Got to enjoy the outdoor fire pit and friendly neighborhood feel. Best part was the walk through the woods to the beach. Close by are beaches you can drive on in winter and the Olympic National Park.
Seabrook is set on a remote strip of the Pacific coast, so make sure you bring ALL the groceries you need . Although our kitchen was well stocked with hardware, there were no amenities like coffee, salt, pepper or other cooking materials you may find in rentals. Ocean Shores is 15 mi away if you need groceries but who wants to waste time shopping!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lopezbiker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
washington state
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed here end of October. Weather was gorgeous! Beautiful setting & cute village, Seabrook. Our cottage had everything for a beach vacation. It was new & clean & comfy. Friendly place. Restaurant, small grocery store was convenient. Nice walking & bike riding town.
The only reason I'm not giving a 5 star review is all the hidden fees. Besides normal charges like room tax & pet fee($50!), we got charged cleaning fees, credit card processing fee, amenity fees (apparently for the pool we didn't use). The fees were as much as a night's rental. Would stay here again but would budget in the extra fees or ask about them--- they really add up! Also construction noise was annoying, not a deal breaker, but annoying- started b4 8am, went until 6pm.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank mydogmac78
Squamish, BC
Reviewed November 15, 2013

What a beautiful place! I found it surfing the net - the location was right and so was the price, but I didn't really know what to expect. When we pulled up it was like entering a Disneyland attraction. All these gorgeous homes in an isolated community. We stayed in one of the smaller places, but it was very well appointed and nicely decorated. It's the perfect place for a couples getaway and would be great with children in the summer. There were games to play, movies to watch, books to read....what else do you need on long weekend relaxing holiday? Beaches are close and stunning. I'm SO glad I happened upon this place. What a gem :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelBug711
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Whole village has a cozy and community minded feel to it. Cottage was all inclusive and had everything we needed and then some. Outdoor jacuzzi was a definite hit. Close and pleasant walk to the ocean. Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed December 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is a great family getaway, with or without dogs. We were here 2 years ago with a toddler and 2 dogs and stayed at the Wildflower cottage. This time we have a preschooler, a 9 month old and no dogs, staying at Grandma Dorothy's cottage. Very impressed with both and would stay again at either.

Grandma Dorothy's has a nice upstairs master with a seating area and walk in closet. Perfect for a pack n play, and a velvety soft loveseat and ottoman for middle of the night feedings.

The beds are all very comfy pillow-top. Very nice linens and pillows, and lots of storage in the bedrooms if you were so inclined to put things away.

The living room couch was comfortable enough, but lacks an ottoman, so no good place to put your feet up. Not a deal breaker for us since we hardly get to sit while wrangling the kids anyway.

The gas fireplace was a bit finicky. Sometimes difficult to start and would go out at times, but for the most part just fine.

We will definitely be back to Seabrook, hopefully making it an annual tradition.

Room Tip: Bring your own groceries to cook in your cottage, including staples. The most intense part of packin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Not sure the editors will allow this, but, despite my reluctance to visit Seabrook, it appears I'm going to visit there this coming weekend.

You see, although a Seattle area resident, I have long ago favored the Oregon Coast beaches and communities, especially Cannon Beach. I've been to Ocean Shores many times and visited Moclips and Pacific Beach several times during my formative years with my parents and siblings.Probably because of the lower cost of available facilties

Unlike most of the Oregon beaches, it's been my experience that the Washington State beaches are a part of the state highway system. How can one take children to play in the surf when having to cross a highway? No crosswalks even. Besides, at least at Ocean Shores, one typically finds themself staying at a hotel that's not very close to the surf. Lots of marshland and natural growth before reaching the beach/highway.

Perhaps appropriately, the beach sand itself is usually hard and gray. Great for high speed runs, but not so good for sand castles. It's been many years since I've experienced that, but I have no reason to think anything's changed. Well, except for the Indian Casino at Ocean Shores.

So, as it turns out, a trip organized by my daughter for the distaff members of the family was precluded by a sudden and serious illness to one of the family members. Thus at least half the group had to cancel. Apparently, the resort would not allow a "last minute" cancellation, and insisted on a the forfeit of the deposit. So, I get to go this time. Not the best way to be talked into going to some place I didn't want to visit i the first place.

In all fairness I have not been to Seabrook and my wife and family members rave about it. I would rather go to Cannon Beach inOregon, despite the longer drive.

So, here goes... I'm not looking forward to the visit this weekend. That said, I promise to remain neutral until after our visit this weekend. Then I will tell you about my experience. According to the few family members making the trip, the place is beautiful and nice. We'll see

Gee, some review, huh? Stay tuned.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lynnwood, WA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at Into the Woods with another family a couple of years ago, and had a great time. The house was immaculate, everything was like-new and up-to-date, better than almost every hotel we've ever stayed at. There was a good selection of games (video and otherwise), and the TV, wireless, and other goodies worked as expected. The kitchen was state-of-the-art, with plenty of equipment, pans, appliances, and dinnerware for all of our meals.

We will definitely be back, preferably with a larger group, as the value goes up the more people/larger the house you rent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
#7 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
Quality Inn - Ocean Shores
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores

Been to Seabrook Cottage Rentals? Share your experiences!