“Peaceful Rest”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pacific Beach
Sandpiper Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Pacific Beach
Oregon
“Peaceful Rest”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I took a solo, weekend, retreat at the Sandpiper. The hosts were gracious and friendly. The Location is stellar - from the beach you cannot see any other property. It feels isolated only 2 miles from the new Seabrook! There is gas and food closeby in Pacific city. The guests seemed middle class and friendly - lots of kids and dogs. It was peaceful, quiet and restfull. I read and wrote and relaxed.

Room Tip: all rooms face the Ocean. Uppers have better views, ground floor only steps from your car and the be...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
seattle
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Two things going for it; cheap and beach access. If you want anything else, this place is not for you.
We booked a room and they called back the next day to say it was already taken. The room they put us in was above water purification and heard loud banging the whole night. Complaining went no where, the owner said she was quoted $400 to fix the problem but was trying to get the utility company to fix it. Horrible service. Place was clean.

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank terryguzman
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

We found this place after searching for a place to stay while traveling through and we were VERY disappointed!! It is apparent this place used to be nice at one time but has been run into the ground. The room had a very pretty view but was disgusting. The water smelled rusty and we weren't even sure the sheets were clean. The rooms are in desperate need of updating as well however, I would much rather have an outdated room that was clean. I will never recommend this place to anyone. Someone needs to buy this place and take care of it!!

• Stayed July 2014
9 Thank Darlene B
A-Town, WA
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Paper thin walls and very squeaky mattresses allow you to hear EVERY bump and grind from the neighbors around you. Enjoy - or not!

Our murphy bed was right next to the drain pipes from the upstairs bathroom so we knew exactly what was going on and when from the neighbors above us. Easy to hear all the details before the flush.

Broken arm on the rocking chair on the deck.

S-L-O-W desk clerk. The office reserved the wrong room for us, so our group of 15 (that was supposed to met in the large room with a large kitchen) had to make due with a smaller place. Pretty crowded, but we survived.

The accommodations are mediocre, but our memories from the past are what bring us back here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank SBCHRAB
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I give them that the room was clean.

But noise! The toilet ran (the repairman stopped by just after I checked in, but then the toilet wasn't working at all; when he left it ran continually). They let dogs stay there, and, of course, I ended up next to a couple with two barking dogs. Fortunately, they eventually simmered down. Then, when I was trying to sleep, machinery in the room below mine whirred on an off, and then banged loudly every 15 mins. That went on for hours. At 5:15 AM I was awoken by loud water-running-through-the-pipes noise. That went on for 10 minutes or so.

Have you ever been in a place where everything is done tackily? Well, if you haven't, you can check out what I mean by visiting this place. Paint that doesn't cover. Drapes that are droopy, missing hooks. You get the picture.

This is a good place if you don't want to camp and don't want to pay exhorbitant amounts.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank huck123
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 9, 2014

A friend and I were there mid week in late May. We had an end unit on the 3rd floor. It was very clean and had wonderful views of the beach/ocean. I loved the rocking chairs on the deck. While the furnishings were a bit older everything was nice. I imagine it is much busier on the weekends but mid week there were only a few guests. Kitchens were well stocked and we had a great time!

Room Tip: End units are best but all are fine. People with small children or dogs may want a ground unit room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank nancylouisewilson
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed June 27, 2014

It had been a few years since I had time to get out to the coast, but I was very glad to find a last minute vacancy at my favorite lodging the Sandpiper Beach Resort in Pacific Beach. And I was even gladder to see that the Sandpiper was as wonderful as ever. The Sandpiper is located right on a quiet section of beach, unlike Ocean Shores with its crowds and vehicles everywhere nor like that new monstrosity Seabrook which requires walking across the highway and down a long staircase to reach the beach.

I booked Unit 17 which is a ground floor studio unit in Beach House II with parking a few steps away. I made this particular choice as I’m still recovering from knee replacement surgery and this unit meant I never had any steps or slopes to navigate unless I wanted to walk back up to the Office/Gift Shop area. My unit consisted of a fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom with large walk-in shower, a queen bed as well as a twin trundle bed, small dining table, chairs, and a nice fireplace. On my private patio were two chairs and a small table; the beach itself was just steps away. My only negative issues where that the refrigerator made rather unique noises and was only about 10 feet from the bed and there were no teaspoons, only tablespoons in the kitchen. And, unfortunately, on the first day I had a smoker on the patio next door disregarding the no-smoking sign regularly. Otherwise the place was perfect beachside casual and my unit was spotlessly clean.

Sandpiper is very popular with families; there is a playground in front of Beach House II and lots of room to safely run around. Units range from studios to three bedrooms. Another unique feature is that they welcome dogs in all units. I spent hours sitting around watching a variety of dogs happily chasing balls and sticks on the beach with their owners.

And a new great addition since my last stay was fantastic high-speed Wi-Fi in all the units. When the fog rolled in my last evening, I kicked back, lit a fire and streamed a television show on my tablet—a perfect ending to my stay.

I was sad to read some of the negative comments on this website about Sandpiper, but perhaps I am willing to trade off a chipped piece of furniture or an older appliance for the wonderful setting and the affordable rates. This is the Washington Coast not New York City or some exotic island resort. If you want to pay twice as much, leave the dog at home, and have your children crossing the highway (or dodging trucks on the beach) to play, be my guest at one of those other places. At the Sandpiper we happily leave the 5-star ratings for Mother Nature.

Room Tip: Their website has quite clear descriptions of each unit with photos and a diagram showing the buildi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
#6 of 14 in Ocean Shores
Ocean Crest Resort
Ocean Crest Resort
#3 of 3 in Moclips

Been to Sandpiper Beach Resort? Share your experiences!