“Bad Customer Service”
Review of Sun Cove Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oroville
Sun Cove Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oroville
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Sun Cove Resort is a great place to take your kids. With the pool and the kittens and the pigs and the family oriented camp grounds. However the man who owns it has terrible customer service skills. I will not go back. After paying $30 a night for a camp spot (not a cabin) we were treated poorly. You would think the paddle boats would be yours to use after paying $30 a night for a camp spot but nope! They are $9 an hour and the one we used leaked. By the time we got back to shore our feet were covered in water and we were only out for about 30 minutes. My biggest complaint though was how we were treated by the owner. I wish he had been nice because I would love to go back but I refuse to support people like that.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
8  Thank lacord

Reviewed June 4, 2008

I made the reservation more than 3 months prior to the date of arrival. My circumstances changed and I had to cancel my reservation five weeks prior to the arrival date on the reservation. Not only had my credit card already been charged for more than half of the entire weeks booking ($175.00) but I was told at the time I cancelled that I would be charged the rest unless the room was rented. There was nothing written or stated orally about cancellation fees or replacement occupancy when I made the reservation.

Stayed: June 2008
15  Thank gazorninplatz
Reviewed August 17, 2007

This place was pretty cool. Relaxing all day either on the lake or in your cabin. Will definitely go again. The only thing that needed attention was the bee's.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank bobbynbrynn
A TripAdvisor Member
Seattle Washington
Reviewed September 3, 2005

I stayed at Sun Cove Resort on beautiful Wannacut Lake in Okanogan County in Eastern Washington during my trip and not only did I enjoy a refreshing swim in the lake and a little fishing, I also found this really awesome trail ride place just down the street called Wannacut Lake Trail Rides and it was run by the gnarley old western wrangler guy named Claude. He took us on a 2 hour trail ride on his beautiful horses through the hills around Wannacut Lake and he showed us all sorts of kewl things like an old abandoned gold mine and he regaled us the whole time with crazy stories about the history of the area.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2005
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Sun Cove Resort? Share your experiences!