Desert Canyon Golf Resort
$117
$133
HIExpress.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Wenatchee(Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
$109
La Quinta
$149
SpringHill Suites
$69
$101
Best Western Chieftain Inn(Wenatchee)(Great Value!)
$113
$93
ComfortInn
$65
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed in the 4 bedroom casita and had a great vacation! Everything was clean and organized. The resort was beautiful and the staff was excellent, treating my children like family. We had a wonderful time and will be back for sure!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Leigh918
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have traveled many places in my career and my work required internet to stay connected both in a personal and professional manner. I have been going to this place for years but the last two have been somewhat unpleasant due to internet connectivity in the casitas. We specifically asked if the internet was working when we booked our week there in Dec 2011, since I figured I could get some work done and have a short vacation with family too. Long story short, the internet did not work in the casita the whole time we were there and I lost days of work. Each day we were told it was going to be fixed. Not so funny thing is this exact same thing happened to us the year before. Can’t believe I fell for it again. I do understand they were going through some management changes at the time. Now the point of writing this review is not because of how dissatisfied I was about the internet not working, although it did cause issues not only with my work but my attitude. The purpose of the review is because of the manager that was on duty there. His name was Graham. Although we did not start off on a good note, I can say he handled the whole situation with professionalism and was very respectful. I cannot say that was the case from the lady (Shannon) that was called in to fix the internet. She told me one thing and did another. She failed to communicate with manager Graham at the time about a discussion we had the previous day concerning the internet issue. I know this cause some issues between me and Graham during the checkout process. I want to thank Graham again for his professionalism during the whole situation and especially at the checkout. Because of his calm actions as a manager in being upfront and honest and making my trip worth it, it did make me want to come back again in the future and speak positive of Desert Canyon once again. It is managers like Graham that make the very unpleasant situations seem not so bad. Graham’s management should be proud of how he handled this situation. Keep up the great work Graham!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Trip_in_Washington
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We will definately be back. we stumbled across this place when my husband wanted somewhere to golf this week. we had spent the night in Wenatchee, and we drove to this resort, and when we laid eyes on it we knew we wanted to stay a night. The room (1 bdrm condo) was huge and new fully furnished with kitchen and jetted tub. The golf course looked challenging enough for him. One night and round of golf was $108 including tax. Holy cow we said. we settled in the room, and then decided to stay another night even before we had supper this night. We did have dinner in the sports bar/restrauant, very reasonable prices and huge portions.
the staff was awesome. They did anything they could to make us feel like royalty. Most of the time we felt like we were the only ones in the entire resort.
The golf course was great too.
We will definately go back next spring.

Room Tip: Get the large 1 bdrm, heard the smaller 1 bdrm is definately smaller, but did not see one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our group occupied two of the four-bedroom casitas (1403 & 1603). The kitchen was well stocked. We cooked a big breakfast for 12 one morning and dinner for 12 two nights in a row. Plenty of room for people to eat at the dining table, counter and outside on the deck. We did notice the carpet in 1403 was in better condition than the one in 1603. The complex was full for the weekend. Friendly counter staff for check in and at the Pro Shop. Make a note to bring your own pool towel. We sleep in a King bed at home and the beds here seemed more like double's than Queen's but that could have been our imagination. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We have stayed here 8 times during the past 10 years. We return for the golf course, views, weather, proximity to Daroga State Park (walking trails, swimming in the Columbia, tennis courts, and basketball), the great salsa and homemade ice cream at the cider mill, and all the conveniences of home (washer/dryer, full kitchen, etc.). Initially this felt like a luxury option - the golf course was managed like any other top 100 course (it was). The ownership has changed and then changed...the course is still amazing and we will be back again - but know that this operation is running on a shoestring. The golf pro is mildly friendly. The condos are now bank owned - the timeshare that did own it has gone bankrupt. The units are for sale and it is clear that they are not really fixing anything but just getting along until they can get rid of the units. The refrigerator/freezer did not work in the first unit we were in... runny ice cream and warm milk. They moved us and that worked but the pots and pans were old teflon scratched up and a mess - and in neither unit were any of the lower drawers available in the clothing bureaus. For a family staying 8 days this was inconvenient. (This has been an issue since the beginning - it doesn't matter which unit - they don't "work".) There were internet problems every day. Often no towels for the pool. The microwave door handle was attached with duct tape. Also when we arrived we discovered that we had been charged 400.00 more that otherwise because we made our reservations online (usually a savings). The girl at the check-in desk said it must have been a mistake and fixed it but look carefully and you will see that their internet rate is much higher. I could go on but won't - you get the idea. We paid about 200.00 a night and all things considered think it is worth it. Just don't expect it to live up to its previous glory. The amazingly beautiful golf course is the main draw.

Room Tip: Call - do not use the internet. Double check your room rate.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family