“Several times, very up and down”
Review of Westsound Cafe

Westsound Cafe
Ranked #31 of 50 Restaurants in Orcas Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At the end of Crow Valley Road, where it dumps into the Westsound.
San Juan Islands, Washington
“Several times, very up and down”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Several times have eaten here over the past 3-4 summers. Almost always filled, not always open, hard to book a table unless you make it for 530 or 830. Waitstaff very much like most restaurants on Orcas: they simply cannot handle large numbers of continuous demand over an extended period of time. Never have had service as poor as that mentioned by the last poster but often it is slow and halting. Food has been up and down, seems as though they have changes of cooks. One of only two restaurants on the SW part of Orcas.

• Visited July 2013

Wirtz, Virginia, United States
“I was not happy!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My husband and I went to the Westbound Cafe on the advice of an Orca Island native. The waitress was terribly rude and told us they were short handed but we observed her sitting and talking. She was very impatient when we were placing our order and flew off telling us she would be back. After a while, she did come bak but was not any more accommodating. I ordered the fish and chips. The fish was in a very heavy breading, over cooked and dry, yet dripped with grease when I bit into it. My husband had a cheeseburger which he said was like eating a $14.00 Big Mac. We watched the people around us that came in after us get their orders long before we did. The hostess did come out and apologize and did not charge us for the fish dinner. The place is quaint and has a nice water view but through power lines and is right on the road. The woman at the table next to me had the Halibut special and said it was fantastic. Take your chances!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Maureen M
Portland, Oregon
“Westsound Cafe”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Truly one of the best meals I've had in a long time. My daughter and I had the portobello burger. It was on a roll that was to die for, the burger was juicy but not runny, and it was topped off with Parmesan that had been grilled. We substituted the fries with a lightly dressed salad, and we felt we couldn't have had a better meal anywhere else on the island.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Delicious”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The beer was most fantastic and the food was also great. Could almost eat here all nights on Orcas but wanted to try other good sounding restaurants as well.

• Visited July 2013
Texas
“Is it open?”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like their food, but the last few years it seems to be closed when I try to go. Great burger and fish and chips. Good desserts.

• Visited May 2012