“Phenomenal Location and Great service”
Review of Inn at Ship Bay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orcas Island
Inn at Ship Bay
Ranked #5 of 19 Orcas Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 1, 2006

We chose to have our wedding at the Inn and came away with an absolutely wonderful weekend. The Inn was appealing because we could book out all 11 rooms including a bridal suite--the rooms were immaculate, had cast iron stoves, and excellent pillow top beds. Mariana and the rest of the staff were exceptionally accomodating, helping us design all phases of the wedding from room selection, rehersal dinner, outdoor decorations, and menue selections. They provided multiple references for island services like photography, music, and flowers allowing us to select the vendor, all of which were of great quality and value.

I'd recommend the inn to anyone, with a full service bar and restaurant, beautiful facility, and wonderful site you can't go wrong.

Stayed: October 2006
3  Thank chrisvan
There are newer reviews for Inn at Ship Bay

Reviewed September 20, 2006

My husband and I have been coming back here for the past 4 years in a row for Valentine's Day. In Feb, the Inn is pretty quiet and no kids around and easy to get a table for dinner. The best two things about this place is the excellent restaurant (high-end northwest fare) and the comfortable down beds. The rooms are decorated in a rustic, country northwest decor with a touch on the feminine side due to the lovely bed linens. And the furniture is new and kept well. The rooms are always clean, no musty smell ever, bathroom spotless and the free continental breakfast is fresh and classy. They always serve fresh cut up fruit, yogurt, homemade granola, excellent brewed coffee and juices. I'm very picky about my food and quality and this place meets my standards. The restaurant is in an old home right on the premises with nice views, only you can't see much in Feb since it get's dark so early. But don't sit in the sunroom in the evenings, especially during winter because it's cold and drafty. But all the tables in the main room is warm and toasty. The manager, Luke, is always friendly, but the owners are little reserved. They run the place very well, but need to be a little warmer with customers. Smiles don't cost anything. Don't get me wrong, we love this place and will continue to come back every Valentine's Day. It's a good place for adults or a weekend away w/o the kids. Not a good place for small children since the rooms only have one bed and we notice that the usual customers are adults, older adults and couples on a romantic getaways. Best place to stay on Orcas. And we've stayed at quite a few places before choosing this one as our favorite--and we don't settle. It's a very nice, cozy place- and every room has water views.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank BainbridgeSuperMom
Reviewed August 9, 2006

Get ready to fall in love...with Orcas Island and Inn at Ship Bay. My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights. Because we loved it so much, we booked a third night.

The hotel is small, only 11 rooms, but they are one of the few hotels on the island that have King size beds, which was a plus for us!

They have a wonderful breakfast in the morning, where you sit on the patio and enjoy the gorgeous view of the bay.

The room is nice sized, with a love seat and an overstuff chair to watch tv and rest. The bed is very comfortable, but the pillows leave a little to be desired, ours were too tough (but really my only complaint). Our balcany looked out over the water, it was a great place to have a cup of coffee. They have a wonderful restaurant there, make sure you book dinner there one night! They have free waters and soda's in the room.

If you are going to the island, make sure to bring a car over on the ferry, you'll need it to get around!

Have fun-we sure did!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank chuston
Reviewed August 8, 2006

This Inn has a total of 11 beautiful rooms overlooking the water, is filled with beautiful gardens and a lilly pond. It was the most perfect place to have my wedding, or so I thought. We had to rent the Inn for the whole weekend which was fine. From the minute we got there I felt like a burden and very unwelcomed. The owner, Maryanna, was continuously rude to me and my guests, wasn't helpful with any wedding questions, and was even overheard saying that she is so through doing these types of events. For rooms that cost 200-300 a night, I expected to be treated with nothing but the nicest of service, especially since it is a wedding. The housekeepre even accused my friend of steeling a towel to her face which she did not do. I am just so incredibly disappointed with the service we received and although my wedding was so awesome and beautiful, this still ways heavy on my mind. Do not get married here!!!!

7  Thank JennSjodin
A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed September 1, 2005

We had a wonderful 3 night stay on Orcas Island at the Inn at Ship Bay. We had a lovely room, on the pond side overlooking the bay. The beds are so comfortable! The rooms are very plush and well-appointed. The restaurant is excellent - we preferred it over Christina's. The Inn is a great location - close to East Sound (small shopping and dining), but not too close. It is also close to Moran Park. The only negatives is that the Inn is close to the street (there really aren't busy streets on Orcas), so you do have some street traffic, but can avoid it by asking for a pond-side room. Also, we had a 1st floor room, and the large suite was above us. It was very noisy. We could clearly hear the people above us. So, I would definitely ask for a 2nd floor room, but then you will not get the pond side. I did see other Inns, and I definitely would suggest Inn at Ship Bay. Turtleback seems to be all "hype", and why would you come to this island without having water views? The Inn at Ship Bay is lovely.

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 28, 2005

Beautiful room with a lovely view out over the sea. My wife and I were very impressed and would certainly stay there again.

1  Thank markOttawa_Canada
A TripAdvisor Member
Tulsa Ok.
Reviewed April 26, 2005

We have stayed twice at the Inn and found both experiences to be excellent. The meal we had on our last night was an "event". The wait staff handled our every need, the view spectacular. From the appetizer through the entree and dessert, we were blown away. Excellent dining ! The grounds were beautiful. The room was very quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed seeing the resident eagles soar and the sunsets were a sight. We have stayed at Rosario resort and prefer the Inn. Overall the Inn is a great value with a friendly and helpful staff with close proximity to Eastsound.

• Stayed: April 2005
Discovery Inn
Discovery Inn
#2 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Kangaroo House Bed & Breakfast on Orcas Island

Been to Inn at Ship Bay? Share your experiences!