TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cap’n Mac makes the experience great!

My wife and I came to the San Juan islands for our honeymoon. We had a very loose plan. We came... read more

Reviewed September 19, 2019
78bronzechariot
Red Bud, Illinois
Convertible in the Sky!!!

Stu and his wife Roni are delightful!!! They are so welcoming and quick to respond to requests. You... read more

Reviewed September 9, 2019
Karen M

All reviews biplane ride his wife bi plane open cockpit captain mac san juan islands excellent pilot nervous flyer visiting orcas island surrounding islands highlight of our trip fabulous experience exhilarating experience flying experience roni stu airplane
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2016

My wife and I had the pleasure of flying with Capt Mac!.. What an Great time we had with Stu (Capt Mac) and his wife Roni !! Capt Mac tailors your flight to the type of experience you are looking for. We had a BLAST! Both my wife and I are roller coaster enthusiasts, so Capt Mac gave us a true 'Roller Coaster ' ride to remember!. Stu and Roni are the best hosts you could ever meet, we felt like family in the first 5 minutes of meeting them..
If you do anything on the Island, book a trip with Capt Mac! You wont regret it..

Reviewed September 15, 2016

Seeing the San Juan Islands and surrounding mountains
from the bi - plane was an incredible experience.

Pick a clear weather day and do it !

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We go to Orcas Island every year for our anniversary. This year is our 30th anniversary and we wanted to do something really special. We decided to book a tour on Cap'n Mac Biplane Rides and it was one of the best decisions we have made in a long time. Cap'n Mac (Stu) and his wife Roni are 2 of the most wonderful people you'll meet. When we first went in, they told us all about the plane and their business. We had the ride booked for Sunday at 5:00 pm and to our great surprise, they called us on Saturday to suggest we move the date to that evening because the weather was looking like it might be changing for the worse on Sunday. So we dropped what we were doing and headed over to the airport. They had everything all ready for us, warm jackets, leather flying helmets and goggles. Once they talked us thru the details of the trip, they loaded us onto the plane, a 1927 TravelAir 4000 biplane, off we went. Cap'n Mac took us above the resort we were staying at, around all the major sights of the island and back. During the trip we were treated to some of the maneuvers the plane is capable of and views of the sights from multiple angles. The whole experience was more than we expected and was a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary. An thank you Cap'n Mac and Roni for making us feel so special on a very special day for us.

1  Thank TNDStanwood
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

My teenage son and I booked a ride on a biplane through magic air tours and it was absolutely amazing! Cap'n Mac and his wife Roni were so wonderful to talk to. They were very accommodating with scheduling and the ride itself was an experience we will never forget! It lasted longer than expected and we flew all around all the islands. It was a beautiful day and Cap'n Mac made it an exceptional experience. It is totally worth the money. I highly them for your tour!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank johnnysmommy31601
Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

My husband and I visited orcas island for our one year anniversary and decided a biplane your was one thing we would surely have to experience and I do not regret it one bit. Rod was amazing and I think his presence is what made this experience all the better. He provided jackets when we didn't bring the warmest attire, he helped me with getting my jacket and my headgear on (very chivalrous). He helped us safely get into the plane and talked us through everything that was going on; turbulence, islands, history. He was very funny and sweet. He called us both by name during he tour and took photos of us. I think with a different captain we wouldn't of had such a great time. He handled the plane so nicely and did some crazy tricks in the clouds while classical music was playing. Definitely a must to do on orcas.

Date of experience: September 2015