“Sweet retreat”

GreenLeadersGold level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Sweet retreat”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Pebble Cove farm was everything I hoped it would be. Lydia greeted us promptly, and later shared some of her goat milk with me. Our room was clean, spacious and well stocked with granola, milk, OJ, and organic teas, as well as books and DVDs. I could tell the towels were line dried, the soaps etc were natural. We were able to by food at a local market (we got fresh halibut and salmon) and had the use of the grill outside on the deck. We picked greens, radishes and rhubarb from the garden for our meals, and gathered eggs as well. The family had a little stand by the road with fresh goat cheese for sale, which we also enjoyed. The hot tub was clean and ready, the fire pit was stocked with wood and a fire starter and surrounded by chairs. We enjoyed a late evening fire under the stars. One afternoon,we took the rowboat out to the little island in the cove, where we saw both purple and orange starfish on the rocks. We also saw a bald eagle, blue heron and two sea otters in the water. Deer grazed in the meadow next to the goats and pony (who had birds riding on his back from time to time). There is the south trailhead to Turtleback Mtn within a mile or so, near a garden and farm stand. I would recommend Pebble Cove Farm to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Liberty Lake, Washington
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed 3 nights in the cottage and couldn't have had a better time. The farm is beautiful. The animals were so friendly. Our 2 year old is still talking about the pony and goats. Lydia was very helpful in suggestions for eating out but we spent a lot of time eating on the cottage deck. The fresh eggs in the morning were amazing. We weren't there at right time for a lot of fresh veggies but you can pick right out of the garden. Rowing out to the island was fun too. Didn't get a chance to make smores but they have a great fire pit for it. We will definitely try to return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Paula S
JACKSON
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I am a firm believer in Trip Advisor. Whenever I am going somewhere I look at Trip Advisor and find the #1rated spot. That is how I found Pebble Cove Farm on Orcas Island. You will want to rent the cottage - separate and private. Fully furnished with organic amenities. The organic granola, orange juice, coffee and milk are gratefully delicious and don't be afraid to ask for refills. We stopped at the Orcas Ferry market every afternoon and picked up the freshest fish and seafood of the day and cooked on our BBQ grill every night. The only restaurant we ventured out to try was Roses bakery and cafe. Delightfully fresh and not to miss. Nattie will make sure you have everything you need and Buddy loves his apples. Not any while we were there but we always picked up a few at the market daily so he could enjoy. The farm fresh eggs you can gather daily make for lovely egg salad sandwiches for a beautiful lunch on the deck. Melissa - May you roam the farm until your very last day - god bless your sole! I fell in love with your friendliness and love of shelled peanuts! Don't overlook Pebble Cove Farm as it will stay in your heart as one of the best vacations in a lifetime.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tetontails
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 25, 2014

If you're a "city slicker", don't let the word "Farm" stop you from staying at this wonderful lodge.The lodge view and amenities are outstanding, and the Farm is in the back.

However, if you love farms, this is an idealic place.

Lydia showed my teenage children around, and they enjoyed the uniqueness. We got a kick out of viewing the farm-fresh eggs next to the hen, and we laughed when the pony wandered up to say hi to us. We enjoyed the home-made granola and other goodies.

We had a blast rowing their boat, and you can see lots of starfish if you look into the water.

Lydia even saw us at the theatre one evening and asked if we needed anything. She also helped us secure a car rental that was dropped off at the Farm.

We look forward to returning :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank brianmG1132VL
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My daughter and I had a very nice stay at Pebble Cove Farm last weekend. The Family Suite was well laid out and had everything we needed to be comfortable including snacks, milk, juice, fresh eggs and treats for my dogs. The folks that live/work on the property were very friendly and helpful as well. The only complaint I had was that there was dog poop in many places as prior visitors had not cleaned up after their pets (I clean up after mine). It would be beneficial to remind pet owners to clean up after their pets, even if it requires providing poop bags and an easy to access disposal container. It's not the property owner's fault but it was a small detractor for me. Other than that one item, everything else was perfect and I hope to visit again soon once the weather warms up and we can enjoy more of the outdoor amenities that were available. Highly recommend!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank twilky70
Vancouver
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I came here for two nights in February, when both of us felt stressed and I had a nasty cold. Magic. This place is so peaceful, with everything we needed in a very clean, lovely room. One of the goats gave me some love. In the morning I gathered still-warm eggs from underneath a hen. The grounds and the view are beautiful. This place would be even more fantastic when the weather is warm enough for rowing to the little island in the cove, or having a bonfire right above the beach, or swimming. An idyllic place for children and dogs, too.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice, though we were lucky to have the end one, which has an extra window.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mersenne5
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I am a fan of Orcas Island, having stayed there many times over the years. Pebble Cove Farm is now at the top of my list! I stayed in the cottage. Fresh organic orange juice, organic milk in glass bottles, a supply of excellent coffee - refills on the house - a welcoming bottle of sparkling cider, maps, books, goats, chickens, Buddy the pony - and of course the drop-dead view. And I never even got around to using the wood stove, the row boat, fresh eggs, or, heaven knows, the zip line! My host and hostess and sons were attentive and helpful, including a list of restaurants (and specials) in the otherwise challenging month of January. Kid friendly and dog friendly, to boot. Check it out!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
#2 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Friday Harbor House
Friday Harbor House
#5 of 10 in Friday Harbor

Been to Pebble Cove Farm? Share your experiences!