“Nice surprise!”
Review of The Corner Bistro

The Corner Bistro
Ranked #6 of 28 Restaurants in Omak
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Here's how we found it: http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-corner-bistro-omak
Vancouver, Washington
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stopped here for breakfast on our jog off the North Cascades road trip to check out Conconully State Park and environs. The Blue Star coffee was rich and hot, the homemade toast and hashbrowns were warm and crisp, but the veggie omelette was the delightful surprise of the meal, with FRESH, yummy, home-grown tasting produce, and fresh herbs. YUM! I'd love to try the pie they advertised on the chalkboard another time!

• Visited June 2014

Red Deer, Alberta, Canada
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Was in Omak to do some shopping and we really wanted a lunch. Using Trip Advisor, but not wanting Mexican food we tried The Breadline first, but is not open sun or mon. Would have been nice if that was mentioned. So we headed to the next restaurant on the list, The Corner Bistro. Walking in, it was 3/4 full with one waitress running everywhere and one cook yelling "foods up!" constantly. At this point I'm wondering if I made a bad choice.
We open the menu and I am impressed with the variety of choices, including many vegetarian and gluten free ones. I do note that it is a breakfast and light lunch place tho. Nothing seems heavy enough for large eaters. Mom orders the veggie omelette with sourdough toast. She enjoys it immensely and comments on how great the hash browns are. Wife orders the ultimate grilled cheese San. She loves it but does comment that there is a lot of garlic it. Dad orders the deep fried tilapia but has no luck because they are out of fish. Instead he orders the beer battered chicken fingers and fries like I do. This was some of the best fingers I have ever eaten. So many places claim a beer batter and have no taste of it whatsoever. These fingers were crispy and moist and had a great batter flavour. The fries all around were home cut, fresh and very good. Dad and wife loved the pickle spear that came with meals immensely. Every dish was under 9 dollars!
Now the place was fairly busy and there was only one hardworking waitress, but she was amazing and so sweet and polite. When she put down me and Dads plate she said, "tell me if you need more fries after and I will get you some, no one leaves hungry!" What a sweetheart! We didn't need any extra as there was plenty.
The place itself combines diner with bistro and is quite interesting. Much native art and pictures, and has a very comforting feel to it. We all left happy and said we would lunch there any time.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Thomas L
Omak, Washington
“the other best”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

What a great place! Service is fantastic, food it great. Very nice, small, family restaurant. Love it.

Visited September 2013
Omak, Washington
“Not great for Asthmatics”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Food I have ordered there has usually been great, but the exhaust system in the kitchen needs serious improvement. Service quality has varied. The last time I went in, I left immediately because the grill smoke triggered my asthma. Can't eat when I can't breath. Limited parking on street.

Visited August 2013
West Kelowna, Canada
“You need to try this place; you'll be back”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Simple menus and they know how to prepare very good food. Fresh 'farm to table' concept. Outstanding service. Good beer and wine list with very reasonable prices. Also, this is the only place open on Sundays in Omak, excluding the usual chain/fast food joints on north side of town along Hi-way 97.
You need to try this place.

Visited July 2013