“Charming Inn, Wonderful Host”
Review of Swantown Inn & Spa

Swantown Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Olympia B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Olympia, Washington
“Charming Inn, Wonderful Host”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had found this place over a year ago when looking for a local place to stay after getting married. After looking over the site I found out that the did weddings, so after talking about, my husband I decided that this would be a nice no hassle place to have our small wedding/elopement. Everything was wonderful, with the package that we got they provided everything but the license. After the wedding we stayed in the Astoria room. Very wonderful large room with its own bathroom including a two person Jacuzzi spa. We had an amazing breakfast the next morning. It was nice that Casey and Nathan were in the dinning room during breakfast talking with us and the other guest that were there. We can't wait until we can go back for our next stay. Hopefully when we do we will get to experience the Attic Spa on that trip.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have their our unique charms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NetBloke, Owner at Swantown Inn & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for the kind words and compliments. We really do love hosting weddings such as yours and hope to see you for your anniversary!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband booked this Inn rather last minute, based on its reviews. When we arrived, we were a little taken back by the outward appearance of this inn. Let’s just say it looks rustic. We weren’t sure what we had gotten ourselves into, but were pleasantly surprised by the friendly owner. Inside, the inn is dark and gloomy. We liked our king size bed, aside from the sheets. We agree they are soft, but they were too warm to sleep on in the summer. Unfortunately, we got the one room where the washroom was situated across the hall. Not a plus in my books! Breakfast was a nice casual fare. The owners engaged in conversation around the table with their guests. I liked that!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank david183462
NetBloke, Owner at Swantown Inn & Spa, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Well I am glad it was not all bad! You guys are the first to not like the sheets and bed. Quite frankly they get such good reviews that we wont be changing that at all!

As for being "Rustic" I will give you that. As we tell everyone we are planning and attempting to expand the property, we have delayed repainting the house until we expand. You also stayed with us during a couple of gloomy days weather wise, not much we can do about that.

With fall almost upon us the garden is at its end, and with guests starting to thin out we can get stuck in to winterizing the gardens.

As for the bathroom being across the hall, not much I can do about that. It is clearly noted when you book the room, and everyone is shown the rooms before paying and staying. You are given the opportunity to say that it is not to your liking.

We do not pretend to be perfect, and never will be. Thank you for your feedback.
Wirtz, Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband & I stayed 2 days at the Swantown Inn. We loved the bed, it was so comfortable. The room was a bit small but nicely furnished. The inn could use a little face lift but was still quite lovely. The scones for breakfast were really good and the coffee, from a local roaster, was great. I plan to return if i ever get back to Olympia.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed here on business while traveling across Washington State and really appreciated the easy location, about a mile to the freeway and walking distance to downtown restaurants and attractions, yet in a quiet residential neighborhood.
Nathan and Casey served breakfast earlier than usual to accommodate my schedule. The scones were amazing! I slept well on the king sized bed.
This Victorian B&B is over 100 years old and full of character, yet is surprisingly quiet. Would definitely come back. Hopefully next time I can plan better and schedule a massage at their on-site day spa.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SeattleMotorCycleGuy
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had a lovely two days here and would recommend it highly. Excellent breakfasts. The hosts were helpful and friendly, accommodating my partners dietary restrictions. They gave us tips on local restaurants and sights. I would also would recommend the massage in their attic day spa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stopped off in Olympia before heading back up to SEATAC for our flight home. This B&B is an excellent choice, combining true character with genuine hospitality. Good comfortable room with view of the Capitol dome. The house is in a peaceful residential street, and its an easy walk (about 25 mins) to downtown and the waterfront. Breakfast was lovely too, with good quality home made treats aplenty. Nathan was really helpful, with suggestions for eating and access to computing facilities. We would have liked to have stayed a little longer - perhaps next time since we would certainly return. It was fairly straightforward to drive back out to the interstate and very convenient for the airport. If you are wanting to stay in or near Olympia look no further than this superb character house.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Reachargo
NetBloke, Owner at Swantown Inn & Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review. We hope to see you in the future! We think we are well positioned for a lengthy stay and exploring the area. You are right the drive to Sea-Tac and/or PDX aren't bad at all (as long as you aren't trying during rush hour). We are glad you found us!
Blaine, Washington
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Three of us had a workshop in Tumwater and were lucky enough to find 3 rooms open at this lovely Inn! The Inn is 3 minutes off the freeway in a very quiet neighborhood. Nathan, the owner, ran out the front door to help me with my bags as soon as I pulled in to the parking area.The rooms were clean, the beds very comfortable, and the bed linens to die for they were so soft and comfortable. Breakfast was cranberry scones, apple pie sorbet and decadant french toast that had us moaning it was so good! We felt like family. I was so impressed I plan to make reservations for two other staff members who have a workshop in Lacey later this month.

Room Tip: We were in 3 of the 4 rooms. Several have an amazing view of the Capital building which is especiall...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
NetBloke, Owner at Swantown Inn & Spa, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Ginger,

We are glad you found us too!! We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for the referral for your co-workers.