“Top Notch!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Varanasi, India
“Top Notch!”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything about this place was high quality and unique- the bed, the bedding, the antique furniture, claw foot bathtub, and the special breakfast made with love. The owners are kind, helpful, laid back. The massage I got at the attic spa upstairs was quality. I have zero complaints and I'm glad I serendipitously ended up at this place.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Columbia room which I loved, very private seeming for an old historic house, but I a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Corona, California, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Located in a quiet neighborhood, this little slice of heaven offers great service, a wonderful spa service and healthy breakfast. The hosts were very nice and extremely helpful with recommending things to do in the city. The house is well kept up and is very beautiful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I recently just got married at the Swantown Inn in Olympia. This inn was charming and well taken care of. The owners were super friendly and helpful. We stayed in the Astoria room, which was beautiful with the most comfortable bed. The breakfast both mornings we were there were so delicious! I recommend this Inn to everyone and anyone who will be staying in the Olympia area. It is quaint and friendly, which immediately relaxes you. The owners did anything to help us in preparation of our wedding, all while juggling their family and their brand new adorable baby girl! If you want a peaceful, amazingly comfortable place to stay, I suggest staying here. I would pay double to stay here again. You get more than your money's worth. If I could give this Inn ten stars, I would. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rebecca M
NetBloke, Owner at Swantown Inn & Spa, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
We are so glad that everything went smoothly for your big day and you enjoyed your wedding and time with us! Congratulations on your wedding and hopefully we see you in the future.
Eugene
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We always stay at The Swantown Inn when going to the Olympic peninsula. We love the old fashion bathroom with the small foot tub. We always enjoy the fine food just a few blocks away. The Inn keeper and his wife are tops. Can't go wrong with this fine Inn. The breakfast is out of this world.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
NetBloke, Owner at Swantown Inn & Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for the kind review! We love slowly getting to know guests over the years as they become repeat guests. We hope to get to see you again next year! (or maybe sooner?)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Swantown Inn was the start of a 6-leg trip down the Pacific Coast, and I can safely say that nothing else quite lived up to it. The absolutely gorgeous Victorian-era home is delightfully furnished and decorated, while avoiding the pitfalls of cramming in too much antique furniture or sacrificing cleanliness/maintenance. Nathan is very welcoming and spot-on with all recommendations for local restaurants and attractions, and the breakfasts were so delicious it made us wish that we stayed for longer than two nights! The location is close enough to the capitol and downtown so as to serve as an effective touring base with no car trips necessary - and being in a leafy residential area, all the better if you're looking for a quiet retreat. To top it all off, the pricing (even for peak season) was extremely reasonable. If you need accommodation in the Olympia area, the Swantown Inn is certain to provide a simply unforgettable experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay. The Victorian home is clean, well preserved and includes modern amenities to make it even more comfortable. We walked to the capitol and the water from there. I would highly recommend this. The owners are great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2012

In June my son and I had our second visit to Swantown Inn. The home itself is charming and warm, and each morning we genuinely enjoyed breakfast conversations with owners Casey and Nathan, and interesting guests from all around the world! The food is amazing - each morning a new surprise flavor of Casey's famous breakfast sorbets (marion berry-spruce was my favorite) and Nathan's famous scones. And the mornings are usually topped off with a visit from 4-year old daughter Lauren, who is lovely and outgoing. My son will start at nearby Evergreen State College next year, so I'll be back to the Swantown Inn many times. I hope to talk Casey and Nathan into a celebratory private dinner for graduation!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family