“The very definition of a hidden jem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Swantown Inn & Spa

and 1 more site!
Swantown Inn & Spa
Ranked #2 of 7 Olympia B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“The very definition of a hidden jem”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Swantown Inn was the start of a 6-leg trip down the Pacific Coast, and I can safely say that nothing else quite lived up to it. The absolutely gorgeous Victorian-era home is delightfully furnished and decorated, while avoiding the pitfalls of cramming in too much antique furniture or sacrificing cleanliness/maintenance. Nathan is very welcoming and spot-on with all recommendations for local restaurants and attractions, and the breakfasts were so delicious it made us wish that we stayed for longer than two nights! The location is close enough to the capitol and downtown so as to serve as an effective touring base with no car trips necessary - and being in a leafy residential area, all the better if you're looking for a quiet retreat. To top it all off, the pricing (even for peak season) was extremely reasonable. If you need accommodation in the Olympia area, the Swantown Inn is certain to provide a simply unforgettable experience!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was a wonderful place to stay. The Victorian home is clean, well preserved and includes modern amenities to make it even more comfortable. We walked to the capitol and the water from there. I would highly recommend this. The owners are great!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2012

In June my son and I had our second visit to Swantown Inn. The home itself is charming and warm, and each morning we genuinely enjoyed breakfast conversations with owners Casey and Nathan, and interesting guests from all around the world! The food is amazing - each morning a new surprise flavor of Casey's famous breakfast sorbets (marion berry-spruce was my favorite) and Nathan's famous scones. And the mornings are usually topped off with a visit from 4-year old daughter Lauren, who is lovely and outgoing. My son will start at nearby Evergreen State College next year, so I'll be back to the Swantown Inn many times. I hope to talk Casey and Nathan into a celebratory private dinner for graduation!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I had a family wedding to attend and remembered seeing a online coupon for this place. It had sounded wonderful and the many positive reviews made my choice obvious. I have to say, the reviews do not lie!

The Swantown Inn is going to be my choice of lodging for whenever I need to stay down in Olympia. The innkeepers are wonderful friendly people that make you feel like YOU are welcome, not just your credit card.

I stayed in the Perceval room. The reading nook is so nice to curl up in and read for a bit before going to bed. The CD player with soft music on it when you arrive makes it feel so warm, peaceful and welcoming. The period antiques that the house is decorated with make you feel like you have stepped back in time and gives the Swantown Inn a lot of her charm.

The food for breakfast is out of this world. The banana sorbet was refreshing and the breakfast pudding was out of this world! Being allergic to eggs means normally I have cereal or toast for breakfast. Having a wonderful hot breakfast was a great way to start a very busy day with my family. It was so much fun visiting with the other guests at breakfast and hearing the stories from Nathan about what they plan to do with the inn and little bits about things going on in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: The reading nook in the Percival room is so cozy and great to sit and read for a bit before you go t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Wulfie3b
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Swantown for two nights and were delighted by our experience. Nathan and Casey are friendly and helpful hosts, who whip up a delicous brekkie complete with homemade gelato! We stayed in the Dechutes Room with a perfect view of the city's Capital Building dome. The bed was amazingly comfy and the sheets were so soft! After some tips on local spots to check out, we headed out for a great jaunt around the city, checking out the Capitol building, Farmer's Market, waterfront, local shops and had the best experience eating appies and tasting regional wines at the Swing Wine Bar (recommended by Nathan). All in all, a great experience and a super bed and breakfast!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 9, 2012

My husband and I got married at the Swantown Inn a year ago and recently returned for our first anniversary. Their small wedding package was a great value and perfect for our needs. We really enjoyed the property and Nathan and Casey made our special day just what we hoped for. We stayed in the Astoria Room both times. The room itself is beautiful. Also, the bathroom with the heated floor, jetted tub and comfy terrycloth bathrobes was wonderful. The breakfast in the morning was homemade and delicous! We made wonderful memories during both of our stays and plan to return to try out their massage services. Highly recommend, especially for couples who want a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Love the Astoria Room. It has a great private bathroom attached to it.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sara S
NetBloke, Owner at Swantown Inn & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Sara,
It is always a pleasure to have repeat guests and you are no exception! We are flattered you chose us for the location of your wedding and chose to come back to celebrate your anniversary. We wish you both every happiness in your future together and hope to see you again.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My sister and I wanted to find a place midway between our two cities to have a weekend together. The Swantown Inn was perfect! Nathan and Casey are impeccable hosts, with great suggestions for outings and meals. Each room we've stayed in has been great, with amazing showers I could have lived in. The beds are fabulous!! We both received spa treatments from The Attic Day Spa which were superb! The next morning we came down to a lovely breakfast of hot coffee and scones, followed by a french toast I have successfully made myself after Casey was gracious enough to give me the recipe. An added bonus was meeting the kids! They are lovely and lively and so much fun! Writing this review reminds me that it's time to schedule another weekend with my sister at the Swantown Inn!

The Wife

Room Tip: The beds are crazy comfy with AMAZING linens!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family