“Very Disappointed”
Review of Dockside Bistro

Dockside Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Dockside Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 361 Restaurants in Olympia
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Columbia Ave NW
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We are here on a non-busy Tuesday evening. Drawn by very positive reviews, we anticipated a nice meal. Unfortunately, we ended up being very disappointed.

First, the service was amazingly slow. Our server was friendly & pleasant, but there were far too many gaps during which she totally neglected us.

Second, the food was, on the whole, pretty decent. A major exception was the side dish they label pommes frites. These were the worst pommes frites we've ever had. They were not fresh at all & tasted like they had been sitting around in storage for quite some time; like a non- crisp tube-shaped stale potato chip.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We are so pleased that we chose the Dockside Bistro for our final dinner on an incredible trip to the Sound. Everything was perfect from the very garlicky Ceasar salad to the perfectly cooked scallops and halibut. A little on the pricy side but well worth it. The only thing that would have made it better was being able to sit outside, sounds like a city ordinance prevents serving alcohol out on the dock at the Dockside.

1  Thank Dogfishdawn
Reviewed July 31, 2013

There are several restaurants near the Olympia Farmer's Market, but this is my favorite. Like the other restaurants nearby it offers good views out over the marina, but in a somewhat more intimate setting. The menu offers a range of dishes to suit all tastes. The seafood is fresh and expertly cooked. The wine list is excellent, allowing for good pairings with any meal. The service is good. It's definitely a good dining choice in a town not known for its food.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

When a single woman comes into a resturant, that is where you can see just what level of service they really deliver. And I am so impressed. The food is outstanding, the wine list in inspired and the staff is really something. How can you top that?

1  Thank Janel Q
Reviewed May 19, 2013

First time here and went because of the many excellent reviews on here. When we entered the building no one was there to great us. We weren't sure we came in the right door. Finally one of the waiters saw us and came over.

The service was average. The waiter was neither rude or outstanding. The crab cakes for our starter was bland, no crab flavor at all. Possible it was imitation, crab with a K. Ordered one Vodka Cran for $10, ouch.

As my main course I ordered the Filet Mignon. I was shocked when I got the steak. The potato cake on the plate was almost the same size as the steak! At $35 I didn't expect it to be a petite steak! My fault, I should have asked. I ordered is well done, but it was still bleeding after I cut into it. The flavor wasn't bad but was absolutely not worth $35! No salad or soup came with the meal either.

I snapped a picture of my petite steak in case the owners wish to attack my review, as they have others on here. I make honest and true reviews 100% of the time.

3  Thank Kurtly31

Been to Dockside Bistro? Share your experiences!